Happy St. Patricks Day everyone

HSFBfan

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

If you ever get a chance to go to the old country- take it.

It is an amazing experience.

My mom and gram went. They absolutely loved it. i would love to go to the old country in terms of both ireland and Italy. My dads side is from a small fishing village in the southeast part of Italy. 

6 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

If you ever get a chance to go to the old country- take it.

It is an amazing experience.

Block where in ireland did you go?  

Wife and I went a few years ago on a whim for 5 days (neither of us are Irish).  Cheap airfare and hotel (we stayed at a damn Ritz Carlton for almost nothing!!!)

spent most of the time in Dublin and driving around County Wicklow.  Beautiful countryside, friendly people, food left something to be desired but was good.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Block where in ireland did you go?  

Wife and I went a few years ago on a whim for 5 days (neither of us are Irish).  Cheap airfare and hotel (we stayed at a damn Ritz Carlton for almost nothing!!!)

spent most of the time in Dublin and driving around County Wicklow.  Beautiful countryside, friendly people, food left something to be desired but was good.

Mostly around Dublin. We took a tour bus all around the countryside and visited some cool castles. It was beautiful!

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Bombings and the like. Whatever it takes to get the english out

just wanted to note that everyone's favorite 'hard right' liner appears to be an IIC....

As in a  'Triple threat' discriminated against category...

Italians and Irish were both heavily discriminated against upon their arrival in our area, yes even as much as any other 'minority'.  

Now the 'C' for Catholic is an assumption  (as many of both were), so this triple play is assumed, but yes they were discriminated against as well.  (the C could just be Christian as well, but depending on the flavor, the 'descrimination' levels would vary somewhat)

Just thought it interesting to note,  as many think 'hard-righters' have no experience as, or empathy for, both immigrants and oppressed people...

• Like 1