#1 Pole Vaulter Mondo Duplantis of Lafayette High runs a 10.69 100 Meters

RedZone

Speed is pretty importan in the Pole Vault..

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/03/23/perhaps-his-final-prep-meet-mondo-duplantis-wins-parish-titles-long-jump-100-meter/455100002/

No preparation or experience needed for this world-class athlete.

And the 100-meter dash? Never done it, Duplantis said. He just wanted to try it for fun, and he had no idea what his time would be.

The LSU signee won parish championships in the two events, leaping 22-5 and sprinting 10.69. He was two one hundredths of a second off the fast time for the 100-meter dash at the parish championships, which was set by Northside’s Shakier Ryan in 2013.

“That was pretty crazy,” Duplantis said of taking home the parish title in the 100-meter dash. “I didn’t think my start was going to be great. That’s the part you have to focus on. You got to be kind of experienced. Then I got good start, and I was right with them. I have a decent running stride, so I knew I was going to be good toward the end of it. Once I saw that I had a good start and I was right there with them, I just kind of took it away, I guess.”

3 hours ago, btango said:

He is an incredible talent!

He really is. 

His brother Antoine is a stud outfielder at LSU and is slated to be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round in the next MLB draft. There are 40 rounds in the draft.

One brother going to play MLB and the other headed to the Olympics.

Photo:Antoine Duplantis

TJJEYJDFNQZVTHA.20170324154140.jpg

Let the guy compete in the Texas Relays like last year and finish the LA season.   The LHSAA let him finish last year, now they may enforce some stupid rule?!     Too bad he competes for Sweden.  :(    He's got dual citizenship, so if he wants once the IAAF gets their thumbs out their ass and finally finishes this new country transfer rule policy, he could apply for a country change.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

He's a shrimp....5'6" might weigh 140... 

If he's 5' 6" than most of those guys in the 100 meters video are 4' 9". xD

He's 5" 11" and probably pushing 155-160 lbs now. 

His brother Antoine is 5' 11" 180 lbs (LSU baseball)

Have i told you today that you are an idiot? Let me do that now.

17 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Well, as usual you, rather  than attempt to be a gentleman,jump and call names...I googled him and it said 5'6"... Call google the idiot, then look in the mirror and throw up....

181 cm = 5' 11"

68 kg = 150 lbs

ARMAND DUPLANTIS

Born 10 November 1999  Age 18
Gender Male
Height 181 cm Weight  68 kg
Club / Team  Lafayette

On 3/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Let the guy compete in the Texas Relays like last year and finish the LA season.   The LHSAA let him finish last year, now they may enforce some stupid rule?!     Too bad he competes for Sweden.  :(    He's got dual citizenship, so if he wants once the IAAF gets their thumbs out their ass and finally finishes this new country transfer rule policy, he could apply for a country change.  

• Like 1