Mondo loves Texas and Texas love Mondo!

RedZone

8 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll go with Sydney McLaughlin on the impressive meter currently.    

I was more less going with someone still in HS.

They both could be Olympic Gold.

Side note: this local kid from small town Valley View HS TX impresses me.  

6'10" high jump

14.01 110H + 0.6

Low 40. 300mH

Plays QB on the football team

Plays basketball and baseball

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

I was more less going with someone still in HS.

They both could be Olympic Gold.

In that case I’ll choose Anthony Schwartz.   Mondo doesn’t have the world youth or American youth record (U18), while Schwartz does in the most popular and famous event in track and field.    

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

In that case I’ll choose Anthony Schwartz.   Mondo doesn’t have the world youth or American youth record (U18), while Schwartz does in the most popular and famous event in track and field.    

Except Mondo just jumped the same height as the current world record holder at the same meet.  That would be the equivalent of a high school kid running the same time as Bolt this week.

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Except Mondo just jumped the same height as the current world record holder at the same meet.  That would be the equivalent of a high school kid running the same time as Bolt this week.

Mondo is the current all-time best world junior PV, Schwartz is the current all-time best world youth 100 meter sprinter.   Both can improve upon their records.   Schwartz is only 17 years old and I can't wait to see him race vs. an elite field of sprinters.   Most impressive, I'll take the one with the youth world record in an event where so many more athletes participate in.   If Schwartz can't match Bromell's 9.97 next season (jr world record, which will be difficult), I'll reconsider :).   10 flat is the HS record in the 100 (US olympic trials field).   I think sub 10.10 is a reasonable possibility for this season for Schwartz since he just ran 10.16 on a wet track last weekend where his toughest competitor false started.   Omar McLeod with a pb of 9.99 didn't break 10.3 on that track an hour prior to Schwartz run.   10.11 is the current U20 world leader per IAAF's site.   I think Schwartz can match that this year.  

http://speedendurance.com/2012/02/15/marvin-bracy-55m-608-video-false-start/   

image.png.dd7fe754c8a1cc267e20065986a72523.png

Schwartz is listed as the #2 HS sprinter all-time at 55m with a 6.13... and Bracy's 6.08 in the 55m was deemed a false start by this site's analysis (see link above).  Bracy sure had a jump vs the rest of the field initially.   

Nobody in HS U18 has run a faster 55 and 60m indoors than Schwartz.  He had the top 3 U20 60 indoors times this season (his only 3 indoor races in HS, see link below).  He's the fastest U18 in the world in the 55/60/100 all-time.   That's not too shabby.  

https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/sprints/60-metres/indoor/men/u20/2018?regionType=world&timing=all&page=1&bestResultsOnly=false

Top TX Relays college effort in PV, 19' 0.25" by 2 guys,  Mondo vaulted 19'5" (breaking 19' 3 1/2" I think).   19' 0.25" is the NCAA D1 lead thus far.   

Top FL Relays  college/pro 100,  10.32 by reigning Olympic gold medalist in the 110m hurdles Omar McLeod  (9.99 pb 100) an hour later, same wet conditions Schwartz ran a 10.16     10.20 wind legal is the NCAA D1 lead thus far