IMG has top 2 running backs;

sausmann9

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

MD doesn’t have any better talent this year than few team IMG played last year.  

I hope IMG stomps mud hole in MD!

I'm matching my big ass hope against your weak sauce ass hope that the opposite happens.

I'm bringing a fire truck and water for the mud hole Mater Dei gonna stomp in that semi pro team known as IMG.

Regards,

C.A.

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2018 at 7:59 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

You don't just install the wing t or triple option in one off-season, at least not successfully. Both take a lot of practice and timing to create the deception that make those offenses effective. That's not a smart idea for IMG considering the limited amount of time their players are on the team.

To me, a pro style offense is best suited for IMG. They have enough talent to overwhelm opponents without being too creative. It simplifies the playbook making it easier for players to learn with the constant turnover on the roster.

Having so many playmakers at once seems to have hurt IMG on some occasions. You could tell they were trying to force things in order to spread the ball around. The second game against Cen10 was a prime example.

Totally agree. Wing T or triple option takes a lot of time to get it down right. Also have to have a QB that knows how to make the reads. Usually takes a team several seasons to have their timing and reads right before they are running at full cylinders.

As far as how to play them. Would need some more inf. are they both the same size or is one a FB both have good hands. Does one run better N to S? All these I'd take into consideration on how I would use them. But it sure is a nice problem to have.  

Speaking of utilizing multiple backs successfully, i feel the need to give a shout out to MC's coaching staff.   We sometimes criticize the city public coaches, but Central's unique "diamond" shotgun formation with the Oline spread gave BG and IMG problems all night.  I hadn't really seen much of that formation, but it was hard to stop.

• Like 1