I almost love UGA football

Bormio

Ya.... The more I look at it... Of all the UGA guys, the Patriots picked the ones I thought would transition best to the NFL. IMO, unless Chubb continues to get back to his pre-injury playing level... He wont make it in the NFL. Because of his strength, he was still good in college even after his injury (just not AS good) ... However, everyone is strong in the NFL. He looked special his freshman season, and into his sophomore season until that injury vs. Tennessee. I really believe we saw the potential of Michel & Chubb in the League when they played Alabama... Michel looked great (the coaches made a huge mistake not feeding Sony the ball)... Chubb REALLY struggled with like 18 carries for 25 yards or so... But the coaches were determined to force Chubb in there... Even though he was being pwned.

Anyway... On to the former Bulldogs-now-Patriots...

OT Isaiah Wynn (Lakewood FL) - Round 1, Pick 23 ... Wynn had his best season as a Senior, where the protected Jake Fromms blindside at Left Tackle. He was the backbone of a much improved, very good offensive line that paved the way for Sony Michel & Nick Chubb to run over, around, and straight through defenses... Fromm couldnt have asked for a better LT for his Freshman season either. Wynn will be successful in the league, I remember him coming out of HS, watching him in 1-on-1s, and he was dominating every DE they threw at him.

RB Sony Michel (American Heritage (Plantation)) - Round 1, Pick 31 ... Michel, IMO, will be a stud in the league. Maybe not at a Todd Gurley level... But Michel will be a top 5-8 RB in the NFL. He has better speed than people think, although hes not a burner. He has a quick cut up field, and accelerates very quickly. He doesnt dance, he just makes a smooth cut... And unlike the downfall of many otherwise good RBs...Michel doesnt go down on 1st contact, he doesnt trip over blades of grass or fall when someone gets a finger on a shoelace... He has excellent balance and vision, and will run through a tackle if hes not wrapped up. He doesnt have the strength of Chubb, but he has everything else & more. Hes exactly what a NFL team should want in a RB.

DT John Atkins (Thomson GA) - Signed as an UDFA ... Surprised he didnt get drafted... His stats werent mind blowing, but he was an essential piece of our defense... A big guy that did his job and took up a lot of space. Hes a solid player, and will provide quality depth for the Patriots.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Ya.... The more I look at it... Of all the UGA guys, the Patriots picked the ones I thought would transition best to the NFL. IMO, unless Chubb continues to get back to his pre-injury playing level... He wont make it in the NFL. Because of his strength, he was still good in college even after his injury (just not AS good) ... However, everyone is strong in the NFL. He looked special his freshman season, and into his sophomore season until that injury vs. Tennessee. I really believe we saw the potential of Michel & Chubb in the League when they played Alabama... Michel looked great (the coaches made a huge mistake not feeding Sony the ball)... Chubb REALLY struggled with like 18 carries for 25 yards or so... But the coaches were determined to force Chubb in there... Even though he was being pwned.

Anyway... On to the former Bulldogs-now-Patriots...

OT Isaiah Wynn (Lakewood FL) - Round 1, Pick 23 ... Wynn had his best season as a Senior, where the protected Jake Fromms blindside at Left Tackle. He was the backbone of a much improved, very good offensive line that paved the way for Sony Michel & Nick Chubb to run over, around, and straight through defenses... Fromm couldnt have asked for a better LT for his Freshman season either. Wynn will be successful in the league, I remember him coming out of HS, watching him in 1-on-1s, and he was dominating every DE they threw at him.

RB Sony Michel (American Heritage (Plantation)) - Round 1, Pick 31 ... Michel, IMO, will be a stud in the league. Maybe not at a Todd Gurley level... But Michel will be a top 5-8 RB in the NFL. He has better speed than people think, although hes not a burner. He has a quick cut up field, and accelerates very quickly. He doesnt dance, he just makes a smooth cut... And unlike the downfall of many otherwise good RBs...Michel doesnt go down on 1st contact, he doesnt trip over blades of grass or fall when someone gets a finger on a shoelace... He has excellent balance and vision, and will run through a tackle if hes not wrapped up. He doesnt have the strength of Chubb, but he has everything else & more. Hes exactly what a NFL team should want in a RB.

DT John Atkins (Thomson GA) - Signed as an UDFA ... Surprised he didnt get drafted... His stats werent mind blowing, but he was an essential piece of our defense... A big guy that did his job and took up a lot of space. Hes a solid player, and will provide quality depth for the Patriots.

Add in Malcolm Mitchell and David Andrews...and you kinda get the jist of the tweet......

Rufus>>

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I really believe we saw the potential of Michel & Chubb in the League when they played Alabama... Michel looked great (the coaches made a huge mistake not feeding Sony the ball)... Chubb REALLY struggled with like 18 carries for 25 yards or so... But the coaches were determined to force Chubb in there... Even though he was being pwned.

Oy.

At least you didn't throw in your opinion about the refs taking the game from UGA.

What is this thread about?

24 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Oy.

At least you didn't throw in your opinion about the refs taking the game from UGA.

It's about Georgia having (5) players on the New England Patriots and some moron calling Foxborough our North campus.

Rufus>>

7 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Oy.

The refs did take it... They did what they wanted to with it. 

Dont call my manz offsides, and its game over.

To claim otherwise is to dissociate yourself from reality