What happened to Trent thompson UGA

HSFBfan

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

From a 5* recruit and the #1 player in his class according to 247 just went undrafted and signed UDFA with the Cleveland browns. Did the browns get a steal with this kid or did he just never live up to what he was supposed to be. 

Georgia guys??

Off the field issues amongst others. He started coming into his own late last year and should have stayed at UGA for his final year of eligibility.

He started reaching his potential under Kirby.

Poor decision on his part to leave early.

• Like 1

^ ... What he said.

Its actually a great signing by the Browns, because he has very high potential. More so than most every other UDFA. He can be a good player in the League. But his focus and football drive has been called into question more than once.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

^ ... What he said.

Its actually a great signing by the Browns, because he has very high potential. More so than most every other UDFA. He can be a good player in the League. But his focus and football drive has been called into question more than once.

This is the Brown's we are talking about... Not the best organization for a developing rookie.

I agree with @CCBlackhatter and @ECHS05 on this one. Cleveland got a steal with Thompson, but he should have not gone in the draft this year. If he had a good year this upcoming year he could have had the potential to be picked in the first 2 rounds next year. Now he is going to get a shot in the NFL but without the contract guarantees from being a highly drafted player. I would have stuck in school and at least finished out this next year and worked on my education while i was at it. There is one acronym that rings true for the N.F.L (Not For Long). The careers for the majority are short lived, and without a good education they set themselves up for failure......

Keep in mind, it is rankings, factor in injuries, chemistry between coach and players, a lot of things can get in the way for a player to perform on field. 

Nonetheless, it is a drop. 

See it all the time in basketball, players not measuring up to rankings pundits projections , wouldn’t expect any less in football.