I’m not Racist

Ararar

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So you don't think there are whites that have deep resentment towards blacks and are vocal about it as well?  My question is why do they think resentment is only pointed deep from blacks towards whites?

i can't speak entirely for SN, but I do know based on his age he grew up with segregation in the south. So you honestly think that was some happy go lucky period for blacks?  His comments could be a response to his personal experience with this country's oppressive Jim Crow system.  

HF,

My bad. It’s certainly NOT one way.  It is definitely bi-directional. And it’s not just black and white. Hispanics and Asians (and others) have just as much of an ethnIc superiority complex/fear of others as any ethnicity as well. But we’re talking about black people’s attitude towards whites here.

I’m half black and half white. My father was born in Mississippi in early-mid 1900s. My father is deceased, but I have family there to this day. I live in Cali.growing up in pretty much suburbia. But my father, who I assure you is older than SN showed me how not to be resentful and be gracious for what I have and to be accountable for my life. I’ve had plenty of racism directed at me growing up. But I didnt let that define who I am.  And to me, that’s what it comes down to...being accountable for your own life. If SN wants to walk around and be angry all day, that’s on him. If a nazi mofo wants to walk around angry all day, that’s on him. It’s up to the folks who can critically think and be accountable for their actions and attitude is what will save America. IMHO.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

A message of inequality and injustice is negative?   the rational agenda for those being oppressed would be equality. How is that negative?

Who’s being oppressed? There’s room for interpretation as to what is an injustice or being “oppressed”. Oppression can only occur if you let it. This isn’t 1863. But there is ZERO room for interpretation for equality.. I firmly believe that this”injustice” that cops are forcing on black peoples is complete and utter BS. But you probably believe that whitey is out to kill the black man just for being black. Are either of us wrong? No. 

The point isnthat you’ll never force me to EVER believe that, as an American, you are oppressed and have no chance to thrive solely on the color of your skin. Ain’t gonna happn’ Capn’. ....and I don’t owe anything to anyone for what happened in the past. And nobody owes ME anything. I’m tired of excuses. 

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Who’s being oppressed? There’s room for interpretation as to what is an injustice or being “oppressed”. Oppression can only occur if you let it. This isn’t 1863. But there is ZERO room for interpretation for equality.. I firmly believe that this”injustice” that cops are forcing on black peoples is complete and utter BS. But you probably believe that whitey is out to kill the black man just for being black. Are either of us wrong? No. 

The point isnthat you’ll never force me to EVER believe that, as an American, you are oppressed and have no chance to thrive solely on the color of your skin. Ain’t gonna happn’ Capn’. ....and I don’t owe anything to anyone for what happened in the past. And nobody owes ME anything. I’m tired of excuses. 

Civil rights  justice was being fought well after 1863.  Did you know SC and Ala didn't amend their constitutions to address miscegenation laws until 1998 and 2000 respectively?  We have fairly recent history in adddrssing our social inequalities.

just bc one addresses racism doesn't mean it defines them nor is being used as a crutch in holding them back.  That is a worn out and tired narrative.

Not sure where you pulled this from that I blame "whitey"  I simply believe in telling history honestly.  That term is something I don't use.

now, I do think there is still systemic racism, especially in the judicial process. Here is where I believe things aren't equal.   I believe policing of drug users should be consistent regardless of demographics, sentencing as well.  If there is a war on drugs for crack users I EXPECT the same for opioid users.  There are vastly different approaches in these areas, from policing, arresting to sentencing.  Stats show this.  

• Like 1