I’m not Racist

Ararar

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Bro check out this talented brotha and see if you can get the meaning from this video.  Incredibly talented young Brotha.   Most talked about Video in America and trending across the world as people try to break it down.  

Yes I’ve seen it.When the arts are used properly they can be very powerful in society.Thanks for sharing it

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And after watching the Video. Watch this as it is broken down.  Very symbolic video.  Again an incredibly talented Brotha

Childish Gambino/Donald Glover is one of the best 5 people to ever graduate from Stephenson HS in Stone Mountain. 

He created a music recording club before he graduated. 

Stephenson has their own recording label

I can appreciate this guy’s talent. Very creative and passionate. But this video didn’t enlighten me on anything that I didn’t already know. This the same inflammatory stuff we see and hear all day wrapped in a different package...and kinda creepy to be honest. 

Yet again, another sad message as to how deep the resentment is for blacks against whites. I also have an issue with the author’s broad brush stroke inference that America (all white people)hates black people. And equally as frustrating for me is there are no solutions whatsoever in this video. Tupac was all about solutions as well. 

A pretty cool video all n all though. 

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I saw this before brotha.  It is str8 Fire.  The brotha that wrote these lyrics is helluva talented.  

The dude that wrote this has talent. But IMHO he has no vision. 

Respectfully, this rap sounds like many we’ve heard in the past. He’s probably making a few bucks off it though. 

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I can appreciate this guy’s talent. Very creative and passionate. But this video didn’t enlighten me on anything that I didn’t already know. This the same inflammatory stuff we see and hear all day wrapped in a different package...and kinda creepy to be honest. 

Yet again, another sad message as to how deep the resentment is for blacks against whites. I also have an issue with the author’s broad brush stroke inference that America (all white people)hates black people. And equally as frustrating for me is there are no solutions whatsoever in this video. Tupac was all about solutions as well. 

A pretty cool video all n all though. 

What makes you say there was a lot of resentment towards whites? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rockinl said:

I believe the point of the song is that we as a people are not taking the time or trying to understand each other’s View.As with the song there are two sides to every story.If we listened to each other we could admit our faults (All of us) move forward instead of promoting an agenda that’s killing this country IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What makes you say there was a lot of resentment towards whites? 

With respect. II've been around the block a few times. I have extensive experience in life. I am in a position to observe attitudes and actions of others. I promise that I do my best to stay objective, and keep my heart and moral compass pointing the right direction. I can state my feelings and beliefs with conviction and I don’t take that lightly. Look at a guy like SN. He’s the epitome of what I’m talks about. Guys like that make it harder for everyone. Anger, resentment,....no solutions at all. My favorite SN quote is “America is turning brown and you don’t like it”. Deep🙄

55 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I believe the point of the song is that we as a people are not taking the time or trying to understand each other’s View.As with the song there are two sides to every story.If we listened to each other we could admit our faults (All of us) move forward instead of promoting an agenda that’s killing this country IMO

I like your take, brother. It’s a fine line of spreading the positive message of equality vs. the negative message of injustice and inequality. The artists that can accomplish this are the ones that., to me, are really talented.  Agenda driven messages are death to this country. To me , these videos are compelling, but agenda driven.

With respect. II've been around the block a few times. I have extensive experience in life. I am in a position to observe attitudes and actions of others. I promise that I do my best to stay objective, and keep my heart and moral compass pointing the right direction. I can state my feelings and beliefs with conviction and I don’t take that lightly. Look at a guy like SN. He’s the epitome of what I’m talks about. Guys like that make it harder for everyone. Anger, resentment,....no solutions at all. My favorite SN quote is “America is turning brown and you don’t like it”. Deep🙄

So you don't think there are whites that have deep resentment towards blacks and are vocal about it as well?  My question is why do they think resentment is only pointed deep from blacks towards whites?

i can't speak entirely for SN, but I do know based on his age he grew up with segregation in the south. So you honestly think that was some happy go lucky period for blacks?  His comments could be a response to his personal experience with this country's oppressive Jim Crow system.  

I like your take, brother. It’s a fine line of spreading the positive message of equality vs. the negative message of injustice and inequality. The artists that can accomplish this are the ones that., to me, are really talented.  Agenda driven messages are death to this country. To me , these videos are compelling, but agenda driven.

A message of inequality and injustice is negative?   the rational agenda for those being oppressed would be equality. How is that negative?