Devon Larratt - Pro Armwrestler

ChimpGrip

On 12/30/2018 at 9:29 PM, ohio said:

If Kirill Sarychev ever got into Armwretling he would be a force.  Watch this video, especially from 6:30 and on.  He looks to have more back pressure than eve Denis.

Kirill Sarychev!!!! He is one of my idols. 

I do agree though, he has a lot of potential. He has very strong arms like Denis, I’ve seen Kirill curl 225 and 285. On top of that, he’s got a strong grip and has incredible upper body strength and power. Lastly, he’s 6’6”. I hate my height and hand size. 

Do you know of good shoulder recovery exercises for arm wrestling? I tried arm wrestling my brother earlier this week (he’s 275, I smoke him like a steak) and I feel a slightly painful sensation in the rotator cuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Kirill Sarychev!!!! He is one of my idols. 

I do agree though, he has a lot of potential. He has very strong arms like Denis, I’ve seen Kirill curl 225 and 285. On top of that, he’s got a strong grip and has incredible upper body strength and power. Lastly, he’s 6’6”. I hate my height and hand size. 

Do you know of good shoulder recovery exercises for arm wrestling? I tried arm wrestling my brother earlier this week (he’s 275, I smoke him like a steak) and I feel a slightly painful sensation in the rotator cuff. 

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Best thing is to give it a rest.  Better if you find a club, than your brother as you will reduce your chance of injury.  Plus, you will work on your technique with sever pros.  

Wanted to post earlier, but was out of town (so to speak)

14 hours ago, ohio said:

Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Best thing is to give it a rest.  Better if you find a club, than your brother as you will reduce your chance of injury.  Plus, you will work on your technique with sever pros.  

Wanted to post earlier, but was out of town (so to speak)

How is it that some guys (live Larry Wheels) can become so famous, appear to do no-wrong in his training and get to collaborate with guys like Thor? 

Seems like I’m at a god damn disadvantage (physically) at everything. Not big enough hands to excel at grip, not long enough forearms for arm wrestling, simply not big enough structurally to be a pro strongman, not big enough to put on the weight needed to bench 700, etc

So I’m not a physical or intellectual freak (IQ 180 or higher). And I’m shorter than average (5’7 3/4”, to be precise). I HATE being average. 

Sorry I’m just having a bad day. 

33 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

How is it that some guys (live Larry Wheels) can become so famous, appear to do no-wrong in his training and get to collaborate with guys like Thor? 

Seems like I’m at a god damn disadvantage (physically) at everything. Not big enough hands to excel at grip, not long enough forearms for arm wrestling, simply not big enough structurally to be a pro strongman, not big enough to put on the weight needed to bench 700, etc

So I’m not a physical or intellectual freak (IQ 180 or higher). And I’m shorter than average (5’7 3/4”, to be precise). I HATE being average. 

Sorry I’m just having a bad day. 

Brother, don't dwell on what you perceive as lacking but look to all that you do have and give thanks.  The only limitations are what you believe them to be.  You are not limited at all, you have everything you need.  Be happy in that and just be you.  There is only one you.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Sorry I’m just having a bad day

It's alright, we all have those.  One thing you have going for you is: you are still young.   Most people over 50 would give up all their worldly possessions to be your age again.

When it comes to finding a career, profession, living, or hobby you need to have three things:

• You have to love what you are doing
  • You have to be good at it 
  • You have to be able to make a living out of it

For instance Bill Gates loved coding, he was good at it, and was able to make a living from it.  Jim Carey loved standup comedy, he was good at it, and made a living form it.  Same goes for ordinary professions like law, finance, medicine.....

In your pursuit of being a strong man, you fall short in 2 of 3 of those things.   But since you are still young, you have time to pivot, and do something that fits those three criteria.  Now if you were 55 and realized that you won't make it as a strongman, then it you could feel bummed, but since you are young; you still have time to find that something that would make your life great.  Also, just because you cannot become what you wanted to be, you can do something that is related to that field.

For instance you could become an exercise guru to the stars, you could create workout equipment like Joe Weider, you could become a strength coach for a pro or college sports team, you could start the next Planet Fitness or Weight Watchers, you could start the next X-Games, WWE, or UFC, write a book on lifting and diet, and the rest of the list is only limited by your imagination. 

So, no need to feel down.  The old saying goes; when a door closes, a window opens.  Best of luck.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 4:30 PM, ohio said:

It's alright, we all have those.  One thing you have going for you is: you are still young.   Most people over 50 would give up all their worldly possessions to be your age again.

When it comes to finding a career, profession, living, or hobby you need to have three things:

• You have to love what you are doing
  • You have to be good at it 
  • You have to be able to make a living out of it

For instance Bill Gates loved coding, he was good at it, and was able to make a living from it.  Jim Carey loved standup comedy, he was good at it, and made a living form it.  Same goes for ordinary professions like law, finance, medicine.....

In your pursuit of being a strong man, you fall short in 2 of 3 of those things.   But since you are still young, you have time to pivot, and do something that fits those three criteria.  Now if you were 55 and realized that you won't make it as a strongman, then it you could feel bummed, but since you are young; you still have time to find that something that would make your life great.  Also, just because you cannot become what you wanted to be, you can do something that is related to that field.

For instance you could become an exercise guru to the stars, you could create workout equipment like Joe Weider, you could become a strength coach for a pro or college sports team, you could start the next Planet Fitness or Weight Watchers, you could start the next X-Games, WWE, or UFC, write a book on lifting and diet, and the rest of the list is only limited by your imagination. 

So, no need to feel down.  The old saying goes; when a door closes, a window opens.  Best of luck.

Thank you for this. My thoughts on height, IQ, talents, etc are probably radical in nature, and I have a difficult time letting it go and making the best of what I have. It’s frustrating and sometimes feel I should be punished for being average (or below average). 

You are right on every point and you present some great ideas. I will buy a whiteboard and start putting down numerous ideas and ventures I can chase. 

I saved your post to my phone for something to read and process (or “chew on”) for a while. Something to go back to when I feel down and out again. 

Anyways, I’m going to break Cyplenkov’s strict curl record. It’s coming!!!

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, World Citizen said:

Brother, don't dwell on what you perceive as lacking but look to all that you do have and give thanks.  The only limitations are what you believe them to be.  You are not limited at all, you have everything you need.  Be happy in that and just be you.  There is only one you.  

True on all levels ^^^

“The only limitations are what you believe them to be” 

So true. I often forget this in the midst of my angry outbursts of frustration of things/abilities I don’t have. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, ChimpGrip said:

True on all levels ^^^

“The only limitations are what you believe them to be” 

So true. I often forget this in the midst of my angry outbursts of frustration of things/abilities I don’t have. 

We all do that and very understandable.  I think I fall for this far to often myself.  So saying it to you helps me strengthen the idea in myself.  

#teamwork

• 1 year later...