Devon Larratt - Pro Armwrestler

ChimpGrip

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 11:22 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Has anyone here watched him before? He is a machine! And yes he would beat your strongest buddy in an armwrestling match, his strength is other-worldly, to put it lightly.

Just looked up the guy.  Doesn't look like much, but is strong as hell.

18 hours ago, ohio said:

Just looked up the guy.  Doesn't look like much, but is strong as hell.

Yes Devon is super strong. I’ve heard stories of what it’s like to arm wrestle him if you’re an amateur or a non arm wrestler. They say it’s a force like nothing else. 

p.s. he could have hurt Shaq

16 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I can’t watch that shit

ive seen to many peoples arms Snapping No thanks I’ll pass

That’s rare, but it comes with the sport as do torn acl’s come with football. 

If you never have arm wrestler competitively and or trained, guys like Brzenk, Cyplenkov, Larratt, Todd, and others, WILL break your arm. 

22 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I can’t watch that shit

ive seen to many peoples arms Snapping No thanks I’ll pass

Every sport has its risks.  MMA fighters can have their teeth knocked out. Boxers can end up in a coma. Football players can get head trauma or a broken knee, divers can hit their head on the diving board....  But generally these things are rare.

Even normal jobs can be dangerous: slips, falls, chopped fingers, getting robbed at gun point or shot, having something fall on you....but yet people continue to go to work.

I would assume that professional armwrestlers can end up snapping their arm, but they probably also know how to prevent that from happening.  This pro armwrestler (Devon) has been doing this over twenty years and hasn't sustained a broken arm.  However, non armwrestlers who don't know what they are doing are at risk to injure themselves.  .

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

This is Denis Cyplenkov. He might have the strongest arms of any man on planet earth. He holds the strict curl world record, and has benched 640 raw. 6’1” 320 pounds. He gets Larratt in November in a best out of six match. 

@LiberalDonaldTrump This guy will without a doubt break your arm

AB7A21B4-FC4C-40A5-B194-C23FBB010B6B.jpeg

This guy kind of looks like this guy

Image result for the hulk

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

This is Denis Cyplenkov. He might have the strongest arms of any man on planet earth. He holds the strict curl world record, and has benched 640 raw. 6’1” 320 pounds. He gets Larratt in November in a best out of six match. 

Frickin’ forearms on that dude, damn!

BGW

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 10:02 PM, Gospeeder said:

At 6-1... If his 320 lbs is all muscle he needs to be in a more $$$$ sport. UFC or an offensive lineman etc.

Might be too late for the NFL, but UFC is possible.  Also, I don't understand why someone in the WWE does not give him a contract.  Not much money in armwrestling. Most do it for love of sport.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:53 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Who you got in this match?

16 minutes ago, ohio said:

Who you got in this match?

I am having a tough time on this one. If Devon survives the first round and has the stopping power to keep Denis from a quick pin, I think Devon wins. Cyplenkov has so much power though.

I think Larratt’s mental toughness and hunger to win will give him the victory. But, anything less than his A game is not enough. Denis is too strong. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I am having a tough time on this one. If Devon survives the first round and has the stopping power to keep Denis from a quick pin, I think Devon wins. Cyplenkov has so much power though.

I think Larratt’s mental toughness and hunger to win will give him the victory. But, anything less than his A game is not enough. Denis is too strong. 

Denis has a slow start, so that may not be an issue like it would be with Underwood.  However, you are right about Denis's power.  Devon likes going to the hook, but against Denis that may not work.  I'm thinking his best tactic may be to tire the big Russian out with the Kings Move like he did with Mask, and get him in the later rounds.  

I too have Devon at 4-2, over even a 3-3 tie. 

Wonder if this match will be online.  Let me know if you have any info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ohio said:

Denis has a slow start, so that may not be an issue like it would be with Underwood.  However, you are right about Denis's power.  Devon likes going to the hook, but against Denis that may not work.  I'm thinking his best tactic may be to tire the big Russian out with the Kings Move like he did with Mask, and get him in the later rounds.  

I too have Devon at 4-2, over even a 3-3 tie. 

Wonder if this match will be online.  Let me know if you have any info.

You might be able to catch it on Bleacher Report Live, I know they broadcast the WAL stuff on there. I'll check-in with the guys on the GripBoard and see if it'll be streamed live on YouTube.

If Devon loses, does he retire? I feel like we are going to see the biggest, strongest, and angriest Devon we have ever seen. With all of that, if he were to come up short, I think he would be a bit exhausted. To put in all of this training only to fall short.

It is definitely the pinnacle of arm-wrestling matches this year.

4 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

You might be able to catch it on Bleacher Report Live, I know they broadcast the WAL stuff on there. I'll check-in with the guys on the GripBoard and see if it'll be streamed live on YouTube.

If Devon loses, does he retire? I feel like we are going to see the biggest, strongest, and angriest Devon we have ever seen. With all of that, if he were to come up short, I think he would be a bit exhausted. To put in all of this training only to fall short.

It is definitely the pinnacle of arm-wrestling matches this year.

Doubt if Devon retires.  I believe he is in his around 40 years old, so he still has some good years left.  More likely he would look for a rematch should he lose.  Plus I knew a local armwrestler in the Cleveland who was nationally ranked and competed into his late 50s and even in his 60s on occasion at local tournaments.  Once it's in their blood, it's hard to just quit.  Don't be surprised if John B tries to make a comeback.

13 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Speaking of Devon, I have always wondered why he has never pulled Jeff Dabe. That guy has ridiculous hands. 

Dabe does have ridiculous size hands and forearms but I don't believe he is at Devon's level yet. If Jeff improves to world class level the two may meet. Plus he only competes lefty. Here's a pic and video of his hands.

Image result for jeff dabe hand size

On 8/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, ChimpGrip said:

I’ve seen videos of this guy, he was cracking walnuts with his fingers as easily as folks crack a peanut shell.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 4:03 PM, ohio said:

Dabe does have ridiculous size hands and forearms but I don't believe he is at Devon's level yet. If Jeff improves to world class level the two may meet. Plus he only competes lefty. Here's a pic and video of his hands.

Image result for jeff dabe hand size

His hand is ridiculous. I would pay money to see what it feels like to armwrestle somebody like this. He reminds me of “Earl” from Dexter’s Laboratory lol!

I hope to see Larratt vs Dabe sometime. Totally different styles and body-types. 

I have some videos to share on this thread from Denis and Devon. Devon has a great video predicting the showdown in Poland (spoiler: he picks Pushkar to win the right arm series against Denis)

On 10/28/2018 at 7:21 PM, Horsefly said:

I’ve seen videos of this guy, he was cracking walnuts with his fingers as easily as folks crack a peanut shell.  

He is incredibly strong. He strict curled 255 (which is insane) and can do muscle-ups at 320 pounds of bodyweight. He’s also a champion powerlifter (I know he did a 640 pound bench press, not sure about squat and DL)

12 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

His hand is ridiculous. I would pay money to see what it feels like to armwrestle somebody like this. He reminds me of “Earl” from Dexter’s Laboratory lol!

I hope to see Larratt vs Dabe sometime. Totally different styles and body-types. 

I have some videos to share on this thread from Denis and Devon. Devon has a great video predicting the showdown in Poland (spoiler: he picks Pushkar to win the right arm series against Denis)

Load em up