Ugh... Hope this is not true..

181pl

Strong at RB, QB, OL, and WR. Lost a lot on defense. Don't know if they have another state run in them this year or not, but they will be competitive. The sooner the FHSAA realizes that STA, Heritage, etc., are nothing more than IMGs, the better. Time to separate the privates in my opinion. 

• Like 1

BTW, HS football America rated them #84 in the pre-season, but that's likely on name alone. 

The Marve thing is a tragedy. Watched the kid since 2004. On the surface, he was a good kid and doing the right things, but you never know what lurks beneath.

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

BTW, HS football America rated them #84 in the pre-season, but that's likely on name alone. 

The Marve thing is a tragedy. Watched the kid since 2004. On the surface, he was a good kid and doing the right things, but you never know what lurks beneath.

Vicious beat down according to the link. 

If true, anger management counseling along some serious lock up time seems to be the outcome. 

Regards

BGW

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Don't all of you Hillsborough sycophants on BCP feel a bit of shame for pushing the "Marve was a good kid" narrative for so many years?

That bozo who coaches at Plant (Bocephus) was apologizing and enabling this kid for all those years. Blaming other people for his lack of character, etc.

The only thing that's a tragedy is that these people enable and apologize for these kids when they're young and impressionable.

52 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Strong at RB, QB, OL, and WR. Lost a lot on defense. Don't know if they have another state run in them this year or not, but they will be competitive. The sooner the FHSAA realizes that STA, Heritage, etc., are nothing more than IMGs, the better. Time to separate the privates in my opinion. 

The problem is that teams like Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, ect can load up like any private can

Plus how are you going to split the privates? Do you throw the 2a privates in same class as STA? 

The facts are the urban schools can pull heavy talent whether or not they public or private 

Cane's, Bocephus coached at Gaither and Alonso. Never at plant. Yoda Master coaches at plant and still does. Plant is a great school with a strong alumni base and loyalty from its coaches and fans. Of course the girls are the victims. But it is still a tragedy about Marve. As long as I've known the kid, rather informally, he's been completely respectful of his Elders, his peers, and his teammates. He has a passion for coaching and genuinely loves teaching young players football. That said, he has made his bed and will have to lie in it. I just hope one day, he is able to look back on this and still lead a decent life.

4 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Cane's, Bocephus coached at Gaither and Alonso. Never at plant. Yoda Master coaches at plant and still does. Plant is a great school with a strong alumni base and loyalty from its coaches and fans. Of course the girls are the victims. But it is still a tragedy about Marve. As long as I've known the kid, rather informally, he's been completely respectful of his Elders, his peers, and his teammates. He has a passion for coaching and genuinely loves teaching young players football. That said, he has made his bed and will have to lie in it. I just hope one day, he is able to look back on this and still lead a decent life.

Looks like facts are not CANES speciality 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Forgotten? Lies

You were just running your mouth 

If someone else made that mistake you would spend 20 pages saying they a clueless liar

Hypocrite

I knew there was a Plant coach who posted on BCP and he was an enabler of Robert Marve.

You didn't know that because you don't know anything.

I merely named the wrong poster (who was another coach).

You're obsessed little boy.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

And you know this how? Because you've been around the kid forever? Or that's just your conclusion?

He's been a clown for his entire adult life. His Dad was an enabler. His coaches were open enablers. Yoda Master blamed Miami for his issues, saying that he was a stand-up kid all along.

The enabling and coddling of this kid has been incredible.

That pretty much happens with every Star athlete. I would say Marve was no different than hundreds if not thousands of others around the country who were coddled from a rather young age. But, that doesn't mean the people around him are responsible for his criminal actions. Which occurred at the age of 29. Not at the age of 17.

33 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Don't all of you Hillsborough sycophants on BCP feel a bit of shame for pushing the "Marve was a good kid" narrative for so many years?

That bozo who coaches at Plant (Bocephus) was apologizing and enabling this kid for all those years. Blaming other people for his lack of character, etc.

The only thing that's a tragedy is that these people enable and apologize for these kids when they're young and impressionable.

You seemed so sure that you called him a bozo

Only like always you don't know as much as you think you do

8 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

I knew there was a Plant coach who posted on BCP and he was an enabler of Robert Marve.

You didn't know that because you don't know anything.

I merely named the wrong poster (who was another coach).

You're obsessed little boy.

You were first one to respond to me in this thread but I'm one who's obsessed? 

Moron

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

The problem is that teams like Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, ect can load up like any private can

Plus how are you going to split the privates? Do you throw the 2a privates in same class as STA? 

The facts are the urban schools can pull heavy talent whether or not they public or private 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Rock on Columbia, good point.

BGW

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

That pretty much happens with every Star athlete. I would say Marve was no different than hundreds if not thousands of others around the country who were coddled from a rather young age. But, that doesn't mean the people around him are responsible for his criminal actions. Which occurred at the age of 29. Not at the age of 17.

And I call it out every time I see it.

Coaches are mentors for these kids and if they constantly enable them and make excuses for their behavior then, yes, they are somewhat responsible for their behavior.

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

He is a bozo.

When I incorrectly called him Bocephus, I was talking about Yoda Master.

Nothing to see here, embryo.

Move along. No ink for you here.

Get yourself together Canes.  Yoda Master is far from a Bozo. He's a great teacher, coach, and Dad. One of the nicest human beings you will ever meet. Totally dedicated to making life better for kids.