State of the Stock Market

DarterBlue

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you have done your homework and you marry her for the right reasons, it's not that big a gamble. I have been married to the same woman for 37 years. My mom was married thrice. My one marriage has outlasted her three combined. Thing is, if it had not worked, I probably would not have done it a second time. I would have concluded it was not in the genes :)

That's great. Wish I could say the same thing.  It seems that one of my aunts and I are the only divorcees in my extended family.  My parents, brothers, cousins, uncles, aunts are all happilly married.  My parents have been married for 57 years.  Guess I'm the black sheep of my family.

17 minutes ago, ohio said:

That's great. Wish I could say the same thing.  It seems that one of my aunts and I are the only divorcees in my extended family.  My parents, brothers, cousins, uncles, aunts are all happilly married.  My parents have been married for 57 years.  Guess I'm the black sheep of my family.

I have an uncle who was divorced. I have an aunt that's been divorced. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ohio said:

Good.  Stay that way. You'll probably be happier.

But it's good to have a girlfriend who doesn't pressure you.

Yeah if you could ever find a girl like that. Today's women are career driven and when they get that career they want the ring and such. I dont want any of that. I wanna be able to go out drinking anytime I want. I've dated. Ive been in serious relationships that very much was headed to engagement and such. I'm just not interested. Im not happy in life doing life by myself but I dont wanna deal with another person and family bullshit

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yeah if you could ever find a girl like that. Today's women are career driven and when they get that career they want the ring and such. I dont want any of that. I wanna be able to go out drinking anytime I want. I've dated. Ive been in serious relationships that very much was headed to engagement and such. I'm just not interested. Im not happy in life doing life by myself but I dont wanna deal with another person and family bullshit

Yah, I get you.  But you still got to try, maybe you'll find the right girl.

1 minute ago, ohio said:

Yah, I get you.  But you still got to try, maybe you'll find the right girl.

Nah....my girl is called Budweiser lol. But in all seriousness I dont want it. I even went back to my ex who I love and it's the only girl I wanted to marry who now has 2 kids and I'm just like nope this is not what I want. I have my own parents who tell me what to do. I dont need in laws with their own opinions that I really dont want to listen too. I'm about 2 months away from packing my shit and leaving NY. I dont need the baggage at this point in my life 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ohio said:

I'm starting to think that too. I too was married for a long time, almost 35 years.  But our divorse was bitter, and am not sure if I want to go through something like that again.

My girlfriend is 16 years younger than me, and she likes living in her apartment with her cat.  I even offered her to move into my house rent free, but she declined.  She likes her privacy, and does not want to change things and I'm OK with that.

1. Don't get me wrong, it has not always been wine and roses. However, in the grander scheme of things, it works.

2. Maybe you guys should remain just boyfriend and girlfriend. It seems she wants a stable, long term relationship without the trappings of marriage. If I were single, I could see where I could live with that. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 4:37 AM, DarterBlue said:

1. Don't get me wrong, it has not always been wine and roses. However, in the grander scheme of things, it works.

2. Maybe you guys should remain just boyfriend and girlfriend. It seems she wants a stable, long term relationship without the trappings of marriage. If I were single, I could see where I could live with that. 

1. Might not always be wine and roses, but you are making it work. That's all that counts.

2. Playing it by ear now. If she want's to keep the relationship as is, I'm OK with it.  If she want's to take it further, I guess I'll be OK with it as well. We'll see.

• Like 1