Typical government workers

HSFBfan

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm sure it is. We just dont hear about it. Probably protected by some government union too. Hope they canned her

It is not. Maybe in some third world countries but not in the USA. Now in the private sector as a general rule, workers work with more intensity as they are less job secure and probably more closely supervised. However, it is extremely unusual for any worker in the USA to get by as she did period, regardless of whether they were in the public or private sectors. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It is not. Maybe in some third world countries but not in the USA. Now in the private sector as a general rule, workers work with more intensity as they are less job secure and probably more closely supervised. However, it is extremely unusual for any worker in the USA to get by as she did period, regardless of whether they were in the public or private sectors. 

Not when it comes to government work....trust me I have family that works for the government. You can get away with doing absolutely nothing and it's almost impossible to fire you. You'll be transferred before they ever fire you. Look at it....it took 4 years to catch her. So what has the supervisor been doing the whole time. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Not when it comes to government work....trust me I have family that works for the government. You can get away with doing absolutely nothing and it's almost impossible to fire you. You'll be transferred before they ever fire you. Look at it....it took 4 years to catch her. So what has the supervisor been doing the whole time. 

I guess they must do things differently in NY/NJ than they do here in Central Florida. Most government jobs in Central Florida require some degree of effort. In fact, dare I say it, some government workers here are overworked relative to their pay scale. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I guess they must do things differently in NY/NJ than they do here in Central Florida. Most government jobs in Central Florida require some degree of effort. In fact, dare I say it, some government workers here are overworked relative to their pay scale. 

True, he's painting with a broad brush.  Many are overworked relative to pay.  

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I'm making a broad statement of situations I know about and how protected they are. I'm not saying all government workers are like that but I know there are many cases were you can get away with things and they will transfer you before they ever fire you. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm making a broad statement of situations I know about and how protected they are. I'm not saying all government workers are like that but I know there are many cases were you can get away with things and they will transfer you before they ever fire you. 

Then there is a problem with attitudes in the USA. I have worked both private and public sector during my life. I have always given at lest the minimum effort required to do my job properly. In most cases I have gone above and beyond. If you don't believe in giving honest effort for your paycheck something is wrong with you. If this attitude permeates society, then that society is in deep trouble. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Then there is a problem with attitudes in the USA. I have worked both private and public sector during my life. I have always given at lest the minimum effort required to do my job properly. In most cases I have gone above and beyond. If you don't believe in giving honest effort for your paycheck something is wrong with you. If this attitude permeates society, then that society is in deep trouble. 

It's how you feel about how protected you are. If you know they cant touch you your not gonna kill yourself to get the job done.....look at NYC....plenty of unions right the same road in brooklyn was under construction for 50 years. Because if you worked too hard or too quickly your job would be over and you could be laid off but if you never finish the job your set. Alot of federal people same boat you are protected and if you jack up they will send you to the next federal base or employer. 

Not only should this lady be fired but all supervisors should be fired 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No it's not. It's your sense of moral obligation. If you have none you are sick. Trust me. If too many people are sick then society is sick, period!

I agree with you. Dont think I'm not. But when you are protected people tend to get very lazy. When your job is on the line daily it should light a fire under your arse 

42 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with you. Dont think I'm not. But when you are protected people tend to get very lazy. When your job is on the line daily it should light a fire under your arse 

If you are motivated only by fear then either you hate your job or something is wrong with you, period!

If I am assigned certain responsibilities they are going to be accomplished unless either: A. They were totally unreasonable to begin with in which case I am going to have a discussion with you on the front end not the back or B. Something completely out of the blue came up that prevented me from getting the job done. 

In all other situations all the major requirements of my job are going to be met. To do less is theft and if I am going to be a thief, then I will make it my profession, not ride off the backs of my employer or the taxpayer by pretending to do a job I am not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

It's how you feel about how protected you are. If you know they cant touch you your not gonna kill yourself to get the job done.....look at NYC....plenty of unions right the same road in brooklyn was under construction for 50 years. Because if you worked too hard or too quickly your job would be over and you could be laid off but if you never finish the job your set. Alot of federal people same boat you are protected and if you jack up they will send you to the next federal base or employer. 

Not only should this lady be fired but all supervisors should be fired 

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are motivated only by fear then either you hate your job or something is wrong with you, period!

If I am assigned certain responsibilities they are going to be accomplished unless either: A. They were totally unreasonable to begin with in which case I am going to have a discussion with you on the front end not the back or B. Something completely out of the blue came up that prevented me from getting the job done. 

In all other situations all the major requirements of my job are going to be met. To do less is theft and if I am going to be a thief, then I will make it my profession, not ride off the backs of my employer or the taxpayer by pretending to do a job I am not. 

Again I agree with you