CKKC Countdown: 11 Hours , 35 Minutes

ECHS05

The Official Countdown to the Corky Kell Kickoff Classic in Georgia, at Romes Barron Stadium

Countdown to Kickoff: 4 Days , 9 Hours , 23 Minutes , 15 Seconds

On that 1st day of the CKKC...

5:30pm - Ridgeland (11-1 , 4A 2nd Rounder) vs. Calhoun (14-1 , Defending 3A State Champs)

8:30pm - Marietta (7A) vs. Rome (5A) ... One of the biggest regular season matchups of the year in GA...

Not a great Week 0 slate of OOS games for Georgia... Those really start kicking off in Week 1 .... But theres 2-3 pretty good ones... Heres Georgias OOS slate vs. each state they play ...

vs. Florida:

Pine Ridge FL @ Ware Co. GA (8/17) 

vs. North Carolina

Towns Co. GA @ Hayesville NC (8/17)

vs. South Carolina: (the 2 bolded games are solid)

Cedar Grove GA @ Summerville SC (8/18)

Fort Dorchester SC @ Glynn Academy GA (8/17)

Fairfield Central SC @ Johns Creek GA (8/17) 

Thomson GA @ North Augusta SC (8/17) (a decent one)

Bluffton SC @ Screven Co. GA (8/17)

Abbeville SC @ Lincoln Co. GA (8/17)

Midland Valley SC @ Lakeside (Evans) GA (8/17)

Savannah GA @ Hilton Head SC (8/17)

16 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

@ECHS05 @Nolebull813 how do you think the week 2 game between Lee County GA and Dr Phillips FL will play out? I know this is supposed to be a rebuild year for Lee but the roster is huge, and I know they picked up the Crisp County transfers. I know nothing  about Dr Phillips. 

This is definitely an underrated, under-talked about OOS game.

Ill be watching it like a hawk.

Seriously, this is the Defending FL 8A State Champs vs. the Defending GA 6A State Champs

Dr. Phillips is again a 8A favorite... From what one of their followers said on here they are loaded. Lee is in a bit of a rebuilding year compared to last year, but theyll atleast contend for the 6A title. Those Crisp transfers will come in handy.

Heres the 2 I know Lee got from Crisp ...

4* ATH Jammie Robinson - https://247sports.com/Player/Jammie-Robinson-46036896/

3* DT DeAngelo Griffin (Minnesota Commit) (it still shows him at Crisp, but hes at Lee now) - https://247sports.com/player/deangelo-griffin-46048082

The other Crisp player, QB Patrick Felton, is at Tift..

Ill say Dr. Phillips 24, Lee Co. 17

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

@ECHS05 @Nolebull813 how do you think the week 2 game between Lee County GA and Dr Phillips FL will play out? I know this is supposed to be a rebuild year for Lee but the roster is huge, and I know they picked up the Crisp County transfers. I know nothing  about Dr Phillips. 

You have to ask @Pipe Dreams about Dr Pepper. 

They lose a ton too but have some good young guys. 

Lee would be a slight favorite due to being at home and plugging in some key holes with some studs 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You have to ask @Pipe Dreams about Dr Pepper. 

They lose a ton too but have some good young guys. 

Lee would be a slight favorite due to being at home and plugging in some key holes with some studs 

PipeDreams made it sound like Dr. Phillips will be just as good.

Lee lost a ton.

I like Dr. P by 7.

It could honestly go either way... The 2 studs Lee picked up were a 4* DB and a 3* DT. Now the offense needs some help.. It lost a ton.

12 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

This is definitely an underrated, under-talked about OOS game.

Ill be watching it like a hawk.

Seriously, this is the Defending FL 8A State Champs vs. the Defending GA 6A State Champs

Dr. Phillips is again a 8A favorite... From what one of their followers said on here they are loaded. Lee is in a bit of a rebuilding year compared to last year, but theyll atleast contend for the 6A title. Those Crisp transfers will come in handy.

Heres the 2 I know Lee got from Crisp ...

4* ATH Jammie Robinson - https://247sports.com/Player/Jammie-Robinson-46036896/

3* DT DeAngelo Griffin (Minnesota Commit) (it still shows him at Crisp, but hes at Lee now) - https://247sports.com/player/deangelo-griffin-46048082

The other Crisp player, QB Patrick Felton, is at Tift..

Ill say Dr. Phillips 24, Lee Co. 17

This may be another Norcross vs Booker T. scenario! Where Norcross had been together for about a minute and a half, when they played a Florida big school power! I can't see the Crisp transfers being a major contributor with only three weeks to practice with the team! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

This may be another Norcross vs Booker T. scenario! Where Norcross had been together for about a minute and a half, when they played a Florida big school power! I can't see the Crisp transfers being a major contributor with only three weeks to practice with the team! 

They both lose a ton. This would have been a great game last year. Sometimes it happens like that. One year too late. Hopefully Dr Phillips can pull out the W

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

"Florida big school power" 

Booker T plays in the FIFTH biggest classification in the state. Lol. 

But regardless, they were the best team in the state (and country) that year 

42 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

That’s kind of what I was thinking, but they are both defensive players so it should not be as complex as the other side of the line 

Dr. Phillips’ defense will be stout, returning 6 starters (4 linebackers and 2 defensive backs) and other major contributors. They have two sophomore DB’s who are not on the radar (recruiting services) at this point, Jadai Smith and Jalen Moore, who will be elite.

The offense returns an offensive lineman and two wide receivers (3 starters), but that does not include RB Brandon Fields (South Carolina commit, Junior) and five other sophomore and junior WR’s who were behind a deep group last season. One of the sophomores, Jalen Myers, is one to watch in the slot. Again, no 24/7 profile for a lot of these guys.

I know DP as well as anybody. They will be at or near their 2016-2017 level, but MUCH younger. DP lost the 2016 8A title 14-10 to Miami Southridge and beat Delray Beach Atlantic 17-7 for the 8A title last December.

They are not nationally ranked in Maxpreps because of how young they are. But the guys filling in (freshmen and sophomores) are at or above the level of the 30+ seniors who graduated over the long term.

I believe the Lee County game will be very close, especially considering the ATH transfer that Lee recently got... DP usually gets better as the season progresses and tends to play to the level of their opponents early in the year.

I agree that this is an under-rated game. Both will contend for a state championship yet again... In Florida 8A, the clear favorites are Wekiva, Deerfield Beach and Dr. Phillips.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Dr. Phillips’ defense will be stout, returning 6 starters (4 linebackers and 2 defensive backs) and other major contributors. They have two sophomore DB’s who are not on the radar (recruiting services) at this point, Jadai Smith and Jalen Moore, who will be elite.

The offense returns an offensive lineman and two wide receivers (3 starters), but that does not include RB Brandon Fields (South Carolina commit, Junior) and five other sophomore and junior WR’s who were behind a deep group last season. One of the sophomores, Jalen Myers, is one to watch in the slot. Again, no 24/7 profile for a lot of these guys.

I know DP as well as anybody. They will be at or near their 2016-2017 level, but MUCH younger. DP lost the 2016 8A title 14-10 to Miami Southridge and beat Delray Beach Atlantic 17-7 for the 8A title last December.

They are not nationally ranked in Maxpreps because of how young they are. But the guys filling in (freshmen and sophomores) are at or above the level of the 30+ seniors who graduated over the long term.

I believe the Lee County game will be very close, especially considering the ATH transfer that Lee recently got... DP usually gets better as the season progresses and tends to play to the level of their opponents early in the year.

I agree that this is an under-rated game. Both will contend for a state championship yet again... In Florida 8A, the clear favorites are Wekiva, Deerfield Beach and Dr. Phillips.

That ATH transfer is really a DB. And they just transferred recently. May take a minute to get up to speed. 

Lee has been pretty good every year since Fabrizio got there.

Its just that all but 1 or 2 of Lees FBS studs graduated..

4* OLB/S Otis Reese (UGA) was a stud. WR Ty Terrell (Ball St.) was their biggest playmaker at WR... And KR/PR. 2 FBS DBs graduated also. 

They bring back 1 of a trio of RBs they had....basically,  I expect Lee to be Top 3-5 in 6A atleast.

I think this'll be a close game and it wouldnt surprise me if either team won.

If you want to see their Spring game... In which they played a Good Warner Robins team, who is #3 in 5A behind Buford & Rome... Heres that game/highlights --- (Skip to 4:30 for the highlights)

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That ATH transfer is really a DB. And they just transferred recently. May take a minute to get up to speed. 

Lee has been pretty good every year since Fabrizio got there.

Its just that all but 1 or 2 of Lees FBS studs graduated..

4* OLB/S Otis Reese (UGA) was a stud. WR Ty Terrell (Ball St.) was their biggest playmaker at WR... And KR/PR. 2 FBS DBs graduated also. 

They bring back 1 of a trio of RBs they had....basically,  I expect Lee to be Top 3-5 in 6A atleast.

I think this'll be a close game and it wouldnt surprise me if either team won.

If you want to see their Spring game... In which they played a Good Warner Robins team, who is #3 in 5A behind Buford & Rome... Heres that game/highlights --- (Skip to 4:30 for the highlights)

This game has sounded interesting to me and I have a BUNCH of Lee County co workers. They are really excited about the OOS matchup. I may have to ride over and watch it since we will be playing Trinity Catholic the next night (Saturday Game)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Not a great Week 0 slate of OOS games for Georgia... Those really start kicking off in Week 1 .... But theres 2-3 pretty good ones... Heres Georgias OOS slate vs. each state they play ...

vs. Florida:

Pine Ridge FL @ Ware Co. GA (8/17) 

vs. North Carolina

Towns Co. GA @ Hayesville NC (8/17)

vs. South Carolina: (the 2 bolded games are solid)

Cedar Grove GA @ Summerville SC (8/18)

Fort Dorchester SC @ Glynn Academy GA (8/17)

Fairfield Central SC @ Johns Creek GA (8/17) 

Thomson GA @ North Augusta SC (8/17) (a decent one)

Bluffton SC @ Screven Co. GA (8/17)

Abbeville SC @ Lincoln Co. GA (8/17)

Midland Valley SC @ Lakeside (Evans) GA (8/17)

Savannah GA @ Hilton Head SC (8/17)

Thomson will beat the fuck out of North Augusta. Lincoln over Abbeville, lakeside will stomp the white trash in Horse Ceek Valley, Screven over Bluffton, Sav- HH tossup.  Summerville kills Cedar Grove, anf Fairfield Ctl stomps a mudhole in Johns Creeks ass. Fort Dorchester toys with Glynn Academy.

10 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Thomson will beat the fuck out of North Augusta. Lincoln over Abbeville, lakeside will stomp the white trash in Horse Ceek Valley, Screven over Bluffton, Sav- HH tossup.  Summerville kills Cedar Grove, anf Fairfield Ctl stomps a mudhole in Johns Creeks ass. Fort Dorchester toys with Glynn Academy.

Give me ...

Cedar Grove over Summerville by 10

Fort Dorchester over Glynn Academy by 2 (Glynn could easily win this)

Johns Creek GA over Fairfield Central by 3 (im counting on JCreek improving a lot over last year, which still doesnt make them very good)

Thomson - North Augusta --- Toss up

Screven Co. GA over Bluffton by 14

Abbeville over Lincoln Co. By 7

Lakeside over Midland Valley by 18

Savannah - Hilton Head --- No idea

I say Georgia goes 5-3, maybe 6-2.

Summerville kills Cedar Grove? You do know this is 2018 ...

I cant see Thomson KILLING North Augusta... Should be close.

Fort D vs. Glynn is a solid game.

North Augusta'a coach bailed to Greenwood a couple of years ago. They'll be in free fall this year.I know it's 2018 and Summerville will rock da Groves world. Fairfield Ctl plays a brand of football, lets just say I don't think Johns Creek is man enough to hang with FC.