CKKC Countdown: 11 Hours , 35 Minutes

ECHS05

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Yep... They play Lincoln Co. almost every year. Lincoln use to be a really good small school. Theyve fallen off a little since Larry Campbells retirement.

LC should be the better team this year. In small towns, football prowness runs in cycles. Back in 86 or so, Lincoln beat abbeville 56-0. Abbevlle won state in SC, and Clinch put Lincoln out in the quarterfinals.

44 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lincoln County is 7-4-1 all time against Abbeville 

they are 43-6-1 all time against South Carolina

http://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=&school=Lincoln County

Powerhouse small school with about 400 students, coed. Way back in the day Lincoln would have a Brannigan with a higher class, ranked squad. They peaked in the late 80's early 90's. They hooked up with Burke Countyhttp://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SchoolHome?view=seasons&season=&school=Burke County' Both were ranked in the top two or three in their respective classifications. Lincoln and Garrison Hearst 42 Burke and Mercedes Hamilton, Chris lewis, and Buck Mickens, 0!

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

That's a pretty damn random Fl vs Ca matchup.   WTF.

It's in Key West too. It's apart of the Disney event but Marina for some reason wanted to go to Key West instead. They needed a Florida opponent so S Broward made it happen. This was before 12 guys left South Broward due to transfer. 

Thats how you see a team go 9-3 one year and 1-9 the very next. Mass exodus. 

But yeah it is really a random matchup 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It's in Key West too. It's apart of the Disney event but Marina for some reason wanted to go to Key West instead. They needed a Florida opponent so S Broward made it happen. This was before 12 guys left South Broward due to transfer. 

Thats how you see a team go 9-3 one year and 1-9 the very next. Mass exodus. 

But yeah it is really a random matchup 

Yeah but is Marina good either?  I say at least they picked a larger class school from south Fl (albeit a weak one).   It's still not some 1-2A charter school.   

11 hours ago, 954gator said:

I mean I'll probably give more respect to marina scheduling South Broward than ware county vs Pine Ridge.  Ware should be looking for better teams IMO.

This of course if Marina is not that good as I'm assuming.

Yeah that's a head scratcher for sure. They went 2-8. 

Taravella vs State Finalist Coffee and Everglades vs 12-1 Thomasville are head scratchers as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:41 PM, JCGIII said:

EC , I live in  Rockbrook a  neighborhood in Augusta.  Which is convient to I-20.This gves me the chance to see many of the best SC squads, and East Ctl Georgia teams. Glynn isn't disciplined enough to hang with FD.

We shall see.

16 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah that's a head scratcher for sure. They went 2-8. 

Taravella vs State Finalist Coffee and Everglades vs 12-1 Thomasville are head scratchers as well. 

Coffee will win... But they basically lost the whole starting lineup.

Ware Co. should be playing better teams... Like when they played Manatee a few years back.

Everglades is a 8A FL team vs. Thomasville , A 2A GA team... You think Everglades depth can keep em in it?

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, ECHS05 said:

Not a great Week 0 slate of OOS games for Georgia... Those really start kicking off in Week 1 .... But theres 2-3 pretty good ones... Heres Georgias OOS slate vs. each state they play ...

vs. Florida:

Pine Ridge FL @ Ware Co. GA (8/17) 

vs. North Carolina

Towns Co. GA @ Hayesville NC (8/17)

vs. South Carolina: (the 2 bolded games are solid)

Cedar Grove GA @ Summerville SC (8/18)

Fort Dorchester SC @ Glynn Academy GA (8/17)

Fairfield Central SC @ Johns Creek GA (8/17) 

Thomson GA @ North Augusta SC (8/17) (a decent one)

Bluffton SC @ Screven Co. GA (8/17)

Abbeville SC @ Lincoln Co. GA (8/17)

Midland Valley SC @ Lakeside (Evans) GA (8/17)

Savannah GA @ Hilton Head SC (8/17)

I HOPE Cedar Grove has GPS, because you cain't get THERE from HERE!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:44 PM, JCGIII said:

Either I'm totally missing some of your FACTOIDS, or you need to step aWAAAAY from that crack pipe! Abbeville won state in 1971, 1981, 1991, and 1996! And they NEVER PLAYED Abe Lincoln Co. ONCE! And the few times when they met when both were good, Abbeville prevailed! CURRENTLY, Lincoln Co. is experiencing massive internal issues! And is breaking in a new coach, in Michael Pollock!

And that Burke team was an OVERRATED JOKE! Mercedes Hamilton got ABUSED that night, against a 190lb. DE who was probably slinging hash after graduation! Before Hamilton could come out of his three point stance, the kid was on the QB portion of the Three Amigos, like stink on shit!

An as an aside! This badass team, coached by the supposedly GREAT Larry Campbell, turned down an invite by Luther Welsh on at LEAST three occasions in the mid to late eighties! Because THOMpSON woulda kick the shit out of um!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:41 PM, JCGIII said:

EC , I live in  Rockbrook a  neighborhood in Augusta.  Which is convient to I-20.This gves me the chance to see many of the best SC squads, and East Ctl Georgia teams. Glynn isn't disciplined enough to hang with FD.

You undoubtedly put a LOTTA miles on the Gillmobile, to find a good football game! Because the CSRA SUCKS BIG CHUNKS!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, Nolebull813 said:

"Florida big school power" 

Booker T plays in the FIFTH biggest classification in the state. Lol. 

But regardless, they were the best team in the state (and country) that year 

Booker T. is a small school, JUST like BUFORD is! They BOTH draw from populations well over 1,000,000!