Narbonne 7 vs. Hawaii #1 St. Louis 47 Final

DevilDog

This game is not televised but I got the Radio link if you would like to listen to it. Top Cali team vs. HI's best 

Narbonne Intercepts St. Louis in the Endzone.  Already I can hear the Homer announcing. 😂

http://www.nbcsportsradiohawaii.com/page.php?page_id=341

Hawaii & California State Champs collide in Saint Louis vs Narbonne rematch

Winners of 16 straight games and back to back state championships, top-ranked Saint Louis has a chance to make a national statement on Friday, as the Crusaders will play host to a reigning California Division-1A state champ at Aloha Stadium.

One week after a 69-6 season opening win over Waianae, the three time defending ILH champions will face-off with Narbonne of Harbor City.

The game will serve as a rematch of a 56-50 Saints win last season where current Rainbow Warrior Chevan Cordeiro threw six touchdown passes on the Gauchos.

"The feeling around practice is intense. We're just excited to play a new mainland team is going to be exciting. We played them last year but overall it's just high intensity right now. We're just gonna play how we play. Worry about ourselves and not worry about them. We kind of know what they're going to do. How they'll play and what are there formations so we're excited you know? We just want to play anybody and everybody. I just can't wait to get out there and play them" said senior defensive lineman and USC commit Gino Quinones.

Since last year's game, the two teams are a combined 17-0 and both went on to win their respective state's divisional championship.

For the Crusaders the showdown is a chance to represent not just the slopes of Kalaepohaku but all of Hawaii under the Friday night lights in Halawa.

"We want to represent Hawaii the best we can. State champs last year but that don't mean anything, we just got to come back this year and see what we got" said quarterback Jayden DeLaura. "I watched a lot of film, lot of hours of film and I've seen that they got a lot of talent and speed, and we have talent and speed too so we just got to see how it works out during the game" 

"Narbonne is a really well coached team with a lot of players with speed up in California, they're really tall and they have a lot of speed but I trust my boys that we could get this dub and we just want to show them that Hawaii has good ballers too" added cornerback Korvin Feagins.

Kickoff between the Crusaders and Gauchos is set for 7:00pm.

The game will not be televised but will be broadcast on the radio at AM 1500.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Tuned in also. I'll be listening until the sandman comes.

5:30 am is just around the corner. Lol

I'm glad to have HS football.  I was in transit from North Carolina to Texas so I didn't get to watch any of the Ga. Games.  St. Louis is showing out in the 1st qtr.   Who the hell runs the Run N Shoot? 

• Like 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

I'm glad to have HS football.  I was in transit from North Carolina to Texas so I didn't get to watch any of the Ga. Games.  St. Louis is showing out in the 1st qtr. 

Tune in at 11:30 am for day 3 of the Corky Kell.

I've been waiting 8 months for this. It's been fun the last couple days.

• Like 2

No. 1 Saint Louis 33, Narbonne (Calif.) 0, 3:57, Q2

Mason Tufaga returns a pick 39 yards, but fumbles at the Narbonne 10 and the Gauchos recover. After another Saint Louis sack, this one by Kila Kamakawiwo‘ole, Narbonne punts again. Paikai bursts up the middle for 17 yards, de Laura scrambles to the right sideline for 16 more, and Sam rockets up the middle for a 12-yard TD. PAT kick is wide left. SAINT LOUIS 33, NARBONNE 0, 4:08, Q2.

6 minutes ago, Ararar said:

9CDA38EA-C721-432D-9A91-BD57E5C2CD33.gif

Nothing has ever been more appropriate. The announcers are just raving over St Louis and what they are doing to a National Top 25 team and this is huge for people that are listening the Running game is back.  I guess the Run is working in the Shoot tonight.  Quickly send SJB or my Monarchs the Islanders are getting besides themselves.  The announcers are claiming St. Louis has 8 D-1 Starters on Defense. 

Great freaking Gif.