The US is now the Largest Oil Producer in the World

paladin4ever

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

More jobs cheaper oil. Less dependence on the world.....very good things. 

Emission regulations being rolled back. Economy is roaring. 

Oil has been both cheaper and more expensive.  When trump took office it was about $55.85.  It is currently $68.76 and that is about 23% higher, so you might want to quantify your "cheaper oil" claim.  Having more capacity is a good thing and that has been on an upward trend for several years.

The Saudis could ramp up production and be #1 easily, if they wanted to.  Their Arabian Light Crude is plentiful, easier to pump (low viscosity), cheaper to produce and much more profitable per barrel.  Still U.S. ability to pump more is a good thing.  I would disagree that emission rollbacks are a good thing. Tweaked perhaps but not rolled back.

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

DBP always grabs the lowest outlier poll he can find, and humps the shit out of it LOL. 

It’seven better when he simultaneously tries to bust the balls of people who cite Rasmussen. 

What a boob. xD

And those on the right seem to always use Rasmussen, which is an outlier on the other end of the spectrum.  I use a composite of RCP, 538 and Huffpollster and the results show trump has dipped a bit lately.

3 composite poll average:

3/12/18................-12.7

4/12/18................-11.6

5/12/18...............-9.1

6/12/18..............-9.6

7/12/18...............-9.6

8/12/18..............-9.6

9/12/18..............-13.1

trump has dropped 3.5% in the last month.  I am not predicting a Democratic takeover of the House, but trump has got to be worried that it might happen.  The F.E.M.A. response to Hurricane Florence could be pivotal.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Oil has been both cheaper and more expensive.  When trump took office it was about $55.85.  It is currently $68.76 and that is about 23% higher, so you might want to quantify your "cheaper oil" claim.  Having more capacity is a good thing and that has been on an upward trend for several years.

The Saudis could ramp up production and be #1 easily, if they wanted to.  Their Arabian Light Crude is plentiful, easier to pump (low viscosity), cheaper to produce and much more profitable per barrel.  Still U.S. ability to pump more is a good thing.  I would disagree that emission rollbacks are a good thing. Tweaked perhaps but not rolled back.

I agree it needs to come down but we cant keep staying reliant on the rest of the world. The Saudis and such can play games and make prices go up and down as they see fit and that's not good. 

And of course we are gonna disagree but if rolling back emissions leads to more jobs and cheaper oil thats a good thing 

41 minutes ago, stanscript said:

And those on the right seem to always use Rasmussen, which is an outlier on the other end of the spectrum.  I use a composite of RCP, 538 and Huffpollster and the results show trump has dipped a bit lately.

trump has dropped 3.5% in the last month.  I am not predicting a Democratic takeover of the House, but trump has got to be worried that it might happen.  The F.E.M.A. response to Hurricane Florence could be pivotal.

538 and huff both lean left. So not really bipartisan huh?

42 minutes ago, stanscript said:

And those on the right seem to always use Rasmussen, which is an outlier on the other end of the spectrum. 

Yeah, that's essentially what I just said.  And FWIW, although it's still technically an outlier,  Rasmussen has been in the Top 3 for accuracy in 3 of the last 4 election cycles - including #1 in 2016.

I use a composite of RCP, 538 and Huffpollster and the results show trump has dipped a bit lately.

That's a lot of unneeded work, since RCP is head and shoulders above the other two. Take the RCP numbers that are a week old or less, and do the math. He's roughly at 40.6 and -13.6.

clicking_button-4070b2c4bf5f61970aa42075

It doesn't matter how good or bad the Florence response is. We're going to be told it sucks either way. 

54 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

538 and huff both lean left. So not really bipartisan huh?

Actually, Huff usually has the best rating for trump of the 3.  So, I guess that shoots your theory to shit.

The reason I follow the 3 is to get the best average that I can.  I think each of the 3 is trying to do their best to be fair.

If you know of any other valid composite poll, I'll include that.

6 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Actually, Huff usually has the best rating for trump of the 3.  So, I guess that shoots your theory to shit.

The reason I follow the 3 is to get the best average that I can.  I think each of the 3 is trying to do their best to be fair.

If you know of any other valid composite poll, I'll include that.

According to this huff post is left 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/5D356584-1CA5-11E8-AAE9-A43C5E6F97B5

Again I dont follow polls as I believe as we saw in 2016 they dont have a clue. You know what will tell u election night 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Who the hell still hets their house by oil???? #its2018

I know how proud you are of the government regulated price controls on your natural gas heating.

As someone who provides sustenance for the masses i must forgo the protections the government provides.

I wish you no ill will for living outside the bounds  of free-market capitalism. 

• Haha 1

HSFB...

Actually, the polls were pretty close in 2016.  The polls predicted that Hillary would win the popular vote and she did.  What won't be involved in 2018 will be the Electoral College.  Several of the swing states that trump won were within the margin of error,  so they weren't wrong. 

If you think that someone with a 44% in the polls two days before the election is going to beat someone with a 56%, you're probably going to be disappointed unless the poll leader is caught in bed with a stripper or someone under the age of consent.

A particular poll will vary in closeness from election to election, so it's unlikely that whatever is the closest poll last time will be the closest the next time, too.  Like lightning strikes, it is rare for a poll to hit the same spot twice.  You seem to be betting that Rasmussen is the best and only poll to look at.   Do that and you are playing a fool's game.

• Thanks 1

We are not energy independent.

Much of what is published or what we are told in not accurate much like what the government tells us when offering data through the OMB. There will always be a spin depending on whose interests are served.

It is true that for the short term, we have more freedom in using our own reserves ( mostly shale ) but that may not be in our own best interests long term. It is true that the Permian Basin is absolutely huge ( some speculate the largest in the world ) but once our shale is fracked and refined, it ends up as a lighter crude which is better suited for export, which is what we do.

What most do not want to talk about is the fact the we most likely have three or so decades before we exhaust those reserves. The other thing we completely overlook is the long term result on the land where we have removed the shale relative to its stability over time. Earthquakes In Oklahoma anyone?... while not yet proven, many insiders are now starting to look in the oil direction.

Imported oil is very very cheap ( even if it were to go back up to $100 a bbl. ) and the smart move is to use oil from the reserves of other countries while keeping our own in the bank so to speak. Ultimately, long term, in a world economy, the country, continent or region with the largest natural resources will win.

The Middle East gets all the pub and they do have lots of reserves but on the world stage true insiders will tell you that Eastern Russia in Siberia swings the big dick and at some point they may get their shit together and figure out how to get those reserves.

For those that want to get the "non BS" version of whats happening with oil and energy, Bunkerworld is the bible. Its worth the subscription. Its also worth checking out the following link:

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter/2018/Shale-is-dead-long-live-conventional-oil.pdf

36 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

We are not energy independent.

Much of what is published or what we are told in not accurate much like what the government tells us when offering data through the OMB. There will always be a spin depending on whose interests are served.

It is true that for the short term, we have more freedom in using our own reserves ( mostly shale ) but that may not be in our own best interests long term. It is true that the Permian Basin is absolutely huge ( some speculate the largest in the world ) but once our shale is fracked and refined, it ends up as a lighter crude which is better suited for export, which is what we do.

What most do not want to talk about is the fact the we most likely have three or so decades before we exhaust those reserves. The other thing we completely overlook is the long term result on the land where we have removed the shale relative to its stability over time. Earthquakes In Oklahoma anyone?... while not yet proven, many insiders are now starting to look in the oil direction.

Imported oil is very very cheap ( even if it were to go back up to $100 a bbl. ) and the smart move is to use oil from the reserves of other countries while keeping our own in the bank so to speak. Ultimately, long term, in a world economy, the country, continent or region with the largest natural resources will win.

The Middle East gets all the pub and they do have lots of reserves but on the world stage true insiders will tell you that Eastern Russia in Siberia swings the big dick and at some point they may get their shit together and figure out how to get those reserves.

For those that want to get the "non BS" version of whats happening with oil and energy, Bunkerworld is the bible. Its worth the subscription. Its also worth checking out the following link:

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter/2018/Shale-is-dead-long-live-conventional-oil.pdf

Or the fact... how much oil we purchased and hoard all across the country while producing. Last estimate from an oil expert within the family stated... we could not buy a barrel or produce a barrel and simply from the hoarding and storing oil, the USA could go 300 years without needing to buy or produce a single barrel. True or not, I wouldn’t doubt his opinion and what he did for a living in the government. USA government prepares for the long shot while trying to keep companies rolling. Believe what ya want, just my observations and inside look. 

10 hours ago, stanscript said:

HSFB...

Actually, the polls were pretty close in 2016.  The polls predicted that Hillary would win the popular vote and she did.  What won't be involved in 2018 will be the Electoral College.  Several of the swing states that trump won were within the margin of error,  so they weren't wrong. 

If you think that someone with a 44% in the polls two days before the election is going to beat someone with a 56%, you're probably going to be disappointed unless the poll leader is caught in bed with a stripper or someone under the age of consent.

A particular poll will vary in closeness from election to election, so it's unlikely that whatever is the closest poll last time will be the closest the next time, too.  Like lightning strikes, it is rare for a poll to hit the same spot twice.  You seem to be betting that Rasmussen is the best and only poll to look at.   Do that and you are playing a fool's game.

So the polls mean nothing. If they cant take into account the only thing that matters in a presidential election than they truly dont matter. I told you I dont look at polls for like the 10th time. They dont have a clue. They pick whoever they wanna poll. The polls for 2016 were wrong. Not one of them that I remember had trump winning. He won and he won every swing state that you can win. OH FL NC etc all Trump. Like I said if hes in the mid 40s or more hell win 2020

10 hours ago, stanscript said:

HSFB...

Actually, the only swing state that was within the MOE was Florida. PA was slightly outside,  and MI, WI, OH and NC were all well outside the MOE. 

13 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Actually, the only swing state that was within the MOE was Florida. PA was slightly outside,  and MI, WI, OH and NC were all well outside the MOE. 

The polls never accounted for the only thing that matters.....electoral college. Maybe they should start taking that into affect. 

46 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The polls never accounted for the only thing that matters.....electoral college. Maybe they should start taking that into affect. 

That's exactly what they were trying to figure out but in a very close election, the polls couldn't quantify the last minute effect of Comey's opening the email investigation again.  

The Electoral College won't have an effect on this election.

If trump's unpopularity is in double-digits, the House is very much in play.  If it drops to 15% or so, perhaps the Senate might be, also.

You can discount the polls all you like but if trump's popularity on election eve is still minus 13 points and the Democrats take the House, the Republicans are going to be crying in their beer for the next two years.

11 minutes ago, stanscript said:

That's exactly what they were trying to figure out but in a very close election, the polls couldn't quantify the last minute effect of Comey's opening the email investigation again.  

The Electoral College won't have an effect on this election.

If trump's unpopularity is in double-digits, the House is very much in play.  If it drops to 15% or so, perhaps the Senate might be, also.

You can discount the polls all you like but if trump's popularity on election eve is still minus 13 points and the Democrats take the House, the Republicans are going to be crying in their beer for the next two years.

By now most people expect the house to be flipped. Which means nothing will get done after November. As long as the Republicans have the senate the Democrats cannot do anything to trump. Again your putting emphasis into his popularity which is being polled by people we dont even know. We have no idea where these polls numbers even come from. It really is a stupid way to guess what's gonna happen. Like i said you wanna know what's happening tune into election night. Dont bother tonight its NY primary. It's all democratic with the dumbest policies ever. But as long as the welfare recipients get their paycheck on Friday itll never change 

4 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

By now most people expect the house to be flipped. Which means nothing will get done after November. As long as the Republicans have the senate the Democrats cannot do anything to trump. Again your putting emphasis into his popularity which is being polled by people we dont even know. We have no idea where these polls numbers even come from. It really is a stupid way to guess what's gonna happen. Like i said you wanna know what's happening tune into election night. Dont bother tonight its NY primary. It's all democratic with the dumbest policies ever. But as long as the welfare recipients get their paycheck on Friday itll never change 

If you took the time you could research a lot about polls, how they are conducted, how accurate they are and how they go about polling people but you are content to be in your miniscule, colorless, myopic world of doubt and cynicism.  It's no wonder you like trump and have such a shi**y outlook on life.

Oh, and before you denigrate a donor state (NY), perhaps you ought to see if your state is a taker state, which I'd bet it is.