SPP 13 vs DEPAUL 16 Final

noonereal

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Maybe ...

i cant speak for pre 2009 but for SJR they gotta be trending up..... by the end of the year almost every starter on Offense and D will have a college offer. Even the subs will get offers and we never had depth like that

this Gots to be top 3 team in school history 

its just can they not beat them selves with misses assignments and stupid penalties 

team  has potential 

its a shame they lost on that time expiring FG to AHP 

There are peaks  and troughs for all the schools. I think BC’s program is also well stocked as well as SPP. With the apparent demise of PC and the upheaval that DBP has gone through over the last several years I think SJR and BC have received the better of the overall talent pool. So they are up but that could very well be a short lived phenomenon. I’m interested to see how the PC admin handles the football situation at the end of the year. If no change then that means they are comfortable being an also ran 

4 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

There are peaks  and troughs for all the schools. I think BC’s program is also well stocked as well as SPP. With the apparent demise of PC and the upheaval that DBP has gone through over the last several years I think SJR and BC have received the better of the overall talent pool. So they are up but that could very well be a short lived phenomenon. I’m interested to see how the PC admin handles the football situation at the end of the year. If no change then that means they are comfortable being an also ran 

I heard from a PC kid that the sophmore class at PC is really good

12 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I heard from a PC kid that the sophmore class at PC is really good

which is left over from Sabella but after this disastrous Varsity season will those kids stay together?? Under this coaching staff?? and let us not forget that SJR,BC & SPP are loaded up top down with talent looking to get on the field. My belief is that Teel will finally settle in at Bosco and with the alumni finally getting behind his tenure they will begin to take a larger portion of the talent overflow and take their rightful place as an equal with the other schools. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

which is left over from Sabella but after this disastrous Varsity season will those kids stay together?? Under this coaching staff?? and let us not forget that SJR,BC & SPP are loaded up top down with talent looking to get on the field. My belief is that Teel will finally settle in at Bosco and with the alumni finally getting behind his tenure they will begin to take a larger portion of the talent overflow and take their rightful place as an equal with the other schools. 

True.  Whitehead has said all the right things, but will kids stay for him and an administration that may not support the program with the same “enthusiasm” they once did?

Nunzio’s RB coach contract was only a year I think.  Maybe he came come back to his alma mater and bring Ash in as DC after the inevitable house cleaning on the banks?  🤣

4 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Good post 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

True.  Whitehead has said all the right things, but will kids stay for him and an administration that may not support the program with the same “enthusiasm” they once did?

Nunzio’s RB coach contract was only a year I think.  Maybe he came come back to his alm mater and bring Ash in as DC after the inevitable house cleaning on the banks?

It doesnt really matter who coaches at Rutgers. It's like Kansas. It's just not an attractive place to go. But the big 10 loves the NYC market so the big ten will never tell Rutgers to take a hike. So it's a win win. Rutgers get their paycheck while the big ten gets the NYC market 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Nunzio’s RB coach contract was only a year I think.  Maybe he came come back to his alm mater and bring Ash in as DC after the inevitable house cleaning on the banks?

anything is possible but I highly doubt that Nunzio would come back now. The move to Rutgers was predicated on 2 important things that are essential to any 40 something year old man with a family: 1) Money and 2) career advancement. Nunz needed to break in to the college ranks in order to establish a career for himself and that is a building process. Could he come back in 20 years sure but not now, that is almost like admitting defeat and taking a step backwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO if the RU staff gets fired after this season, Nunz will be back in the BNU as a HC. 

Well there you go boys The Head Preacher has spoken and it looks like after the season The Nunz will mount his white horse and (really really hot wife) and ride into Paramus to save his alma mater from football oblivion. He will also mount a massive football rivalry with his brother and brother in-law and only refer to them as "that team from Oradell".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast".....I wasn't thinking PC. 

PS...Nunz definitely did overachieve in marriage! 

lol  I think I know where you are going with this..if you are going with the idea that the DBP admin (pushed by the alumni) throw Teel out if Nunz becomes available then that would be an unbelievable story..more turmoil but in the end it would quickly pay dividends on the talent front..And to show my appreciation for your current standing in Ramsey, I don't think you just came up with that thought and decided to speculate. You know that program, the parents and alumni better than any other BNU school so you are speaking (as far as I'm concerned) from certain conversations that you have been privy to.  

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I just believe some HS coaches aspire to ultimately be college coaches, while other coaches are meant to teach at the HS level. And Nunz is the latter. 

NO,NO Gsb you can't get away with that and deflect from the real conversation. Those word games might work on intellectually inferior posters like HSBfan,Hardcore,Drummer & LDT but not on a really really smart guy like me. If not PC, then where?? Only 1 other place within the BNU that I could think of could possibly be in the running for an HC come sometime next year.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

NO,NO Gsb you can't get away with that and deflect from the real conversation. Those word games might work on intellectually inferior posters like HSBfan,Hardcore,Drummer & LDT but not on a really really smart guy like me. If not PC, then where?? Only 1 other place within the BNU that I could think of could possibly be in the running for an HC come sometime next year.

I'm not intellectually inferior thank you very much

4 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

lol..I knew I would shake the tree there

Well u bring me up in a response for absolutely no apparent reason. 

Your trying to figure out where nunz would go and gsb is saying not PC. Now he could absolutely be thinking PC and could be screwing with you guys which if he is is comical. 

Now let's see if not PC. Does he go to DePaul with nick. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Well u bring me up in a response for absolutely no apparent reason. 

Your trying to figure out where nunz would go and gsb is saying not PC. Now he could absolutely be thinking PC and could be screwing with you guys which if he is is comical. 

Now let's see if not PC. Does he go to DePaul with nick. 

anything is possible right but as an assistant?  why?  

Just now, Mickeybern said:

anything is possible right but as an assistant?  why?  

I can understand what your saying. Gotta think the guy at PC wont be around too long. So nunz could be HC there. 

It would seem like a step backwards to go from HC to college coach back to hs asst. 

Heres a possibility nunz comes back to work with Vito at bergen. Toal and the other older coach have to retire soon. 

Vito and Nunz call nick. And you get all 3 at Bergen putting up 80 points a game 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I can understand what your saying. Gotta think the guy at PC wont be around too long. So nunz could be HC there. 

It would seem like a step backwards to go from HC to college coach back to hs asst. 

Heres a possibility nunz comes back to work with Vito at bergen. Toal and the other older coach have to retire soon. 

Vito and Nunz call nick. And you get all 3 at Bergen putting up 80 points a game 

look as a BC guy who does talk to a few football alums close to the program I believe that would cause a problem. The nepotism situation is already prevalent (DeBelli's and Nunz's wives are sisters) and Vito was handed the job by Nunz (State Chips tend to make admins more compliant). Couple that with the fact that Nunz pretty much forced the hire of Toal and I could see the new administration setting some boundaries. Not saying they are unhappy, just saying I think a move like that would raise a lot of eyebrows within the admin and within alumni circles.

5 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

look as a BC guy who does talk to a few football alums close to the program I believe that would cause a problem. The nepotism situation is already prevalent (DeBelli's and Nunz's wives are sisters) and Vito was handed the job by Nunz (State Chips tend to make admins more compliant). Couple that with the fact that Nunz pretty much forced the hire of Toal and I could see the new administration setting some boundaries. Not saying they are unhappy, just saying I think a move like that would raise a lot of eyebrows within the admin and within alumni circles.

So your saying bergen wont have a nick Vito nunz trio on the sidelines??

Just now, HSFBfan said:

So your saying bergen wont have a nick Vito nunz trio on the sidelines??

Look I've never heard a bad thing about the Campinale brothers but it does make for a difficult situation when tough choices have to be made. These coaches become interwoven within the fabric of the school, they send their kids there and work there everyday. Look at the DBP situation with Toal or BC just let go their Varsity lacrosse coach Joe Hammerle, all 3 brothers went to Bergen and I think all of them sent their sons there. He founded the program and although he never played lacrosse himself he built the program into a state power. But times have changed and a HC change was needed. Having multiple Campinalles as well as DeBellis (been a coach at BC for 30 years) embedded in the program would I think become unwieldy and to difficult for the administration to control. There is no stomach to have what happened in Ramsey happen in Oradell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Look I've never heard a bad thing about the Campinale brothers but it does make for a difficult situation when tough choices have to be made. These coaches become interwoven within the fabric of the school, they send their kids there and work there everyday. Look at the DBP situation with Toal or BC just let go their Varsity lacrosse coach Joe Hammerle, all 3 brothers went to Bergen and I think all of them sent their sons there. He founded the program and although he never played lacrosse himself he built the program into a state power. But times have changed and a HC change was needed. Having multiple Campinalles as well as DeBellis (been a coach at BC for 30 years) embedded in the program would I think become unwieldy and to difficult for the administration to control. There is no stomach to have what happened in Ramsey happen in Oradell.

Hammerle is no longer at BC??

What happened in ramsey? The outing of toal?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Hammerle is no longer at BC??

What happened in ramsey? The outing of toal?

right on both..Hammerle relieved of duties (parents revolted so I'm told) and yes Toal. Regardless of how it was done and whether you thought it was justified or not that fiasco is a blueprint for any other school administration on what not to do. And the first thing you don't do, is allow for the establishment of a fiefdom or fiefdoms that believe they are independent of accountability. These are academic institutions with athletic teams attached to them! Not athletic institutions that happen to offer some academic courses. You let the coach or coaches run roughshod and believe they are indispensable and grow warm relationships with a select group of alumni and before you know it you have problems.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

right on both..Hammerle relieved of duties (parents revolted so I'm told) and yes Toal. Regardless of how it was done and whether you thought it was justified or not that fiasco is a blueprint for any other school administration on what not to do. And the first thing you don't do, is allow for the establishment of a fiefdom or fiefdoms that believe they are independent of accountability. These are academic institutions with athletic teams attached to them! Not athletic institutions that happen to offer some academic courses. You let the coach or coaches run roughshod and believe they are indispensable and grow warm relationships with a select group of alumni and before you know it you have problems.

I have heard stories about hammerle and parents not happy with him but I tought with his success at the program they wouldn't out him. 

On toal this is my opinion bosco yes was there before toal but toal built that football program bringing alot of recognition and money to that school. If you look at the Bobby Bowden situation it's kinda the same thing. Bobby was getting older and they wanted him out. And look how far fsu has fallen now under taggert. 

I kinda enjoyed seeing toal come back to BC and win a state title. It's kinda like a I'm still at the top of the mountain kinda thing 

I just saw hammerle too at the BC SPP game