SPP 13 vs DEPAUL 16 Final

noonereal

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I have heard stories about hammerle and parents not happy with him but I tought with his success at the program they wouldn't out him. 

On toal this is my opinion bosco yes was there before toal but toal built that football program bringing alot of recognition and money to that school. If you look at the Bobby Bowden situation it's kinda the same thing. Bobby was getting older and they wanted him out. And look how far fsu has fallen now under taggert. 

I kinda enjoyed seeing toal come back to BC and win a state title. It's kinda like a I'm still at the top of the mountain kinda thing 

I just saw hammerle too at the BC SPP game 

the point of the Toal situation, from my perspective, is athletic coaches regardless of the sport are junior officers and to never let them believe for one second that they are generals. And to point that back at the situation that started this convo, if I'm the BC admin I wouldn't want my head football coach, his 2 brothers and his brother in-law sitting around Thanksgiving dinner discussing the current situation or situations at the school and what decisions should be made. Too many eggs in 1 basket IMO. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

the point of the Toal situation, from my perspective, is athletic coaches regardless of the sport are junior officers and to never let them believe for one second that they are generals. And to point that back at the situation that started this convo, if I'm the BC admin I wouldn't want my head football coach, his 2 brothers and his brother in-law sitting around Thanksgiving dinner discussing the current situation or situations at the school and what decisions should be made. Too many eggs in 1 basket IMO. 

I can understand what your saying but the athletic departments are basically bigger than the school. All the money comes from the athletic departments. It's happening in HS and happened a while ago in college. If you dont think so just look at Urban Meyer. If he was coach x he gets fired immediately just like they threw Tressel to the curb. But because hes Urban with 3 national titles you had to have that thought in the back of your mind that they would keep him. It's all about the athletic departments. Why do you think these big fbs schools play little slap heads because the slap heads need the few million dollar payout to keep the athletic departments alive in turn helping the school. 

These coaches are the generals and if your that successful you are not going anywhere for a very long time. 

If at all Nunz at Bosco. ... the blueprint to make PC “ livin” again is not Nunz not to mention the admin is not going down that road again.... leaves only Bosco.... but also if Ash survives another year ... Nunz gets another year ... and sniff out a better deal at Another big ten school .... looking at NJ area for recruits etc or asst OC via WR coach ......

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I can understand what your saying but the athletic departments are basically bigger than the school. All the money comes from the athletic departments. It's happening in HS and happened a while ago in college. If you dont think so just look at Urban Meyer. If he was coach x he gets fired immediately just like they threw Tressel to the curb. But because hes Urban with 3 national titles you had to have that thought in the back of your mind that they would keep him. It's all about the athletic departments. Why do you think these big fbs schools play little slap heads because the slap heads need the few million dollar payout to keep the athletic departments alive in turn helping the school. 

These coaches are the generals and if your that successful you are not going anywhere for a very long time. 

there are differences between the 2...although the athletic depts. have grown in size and importance at the Non-Pubs over the last 20 years they pale in comparison to the importance of college football and basketball. D1 schools require these prominent large programs in order to fund massive infrastructure upgrades on campuses that house up to 40k kids. Many kids attend the Catholic schools on academic and cultural grounds not athletics. I have 4 kids, my first 3 went to public school and my last is going to The Ursuline School in New Rochelle. Why? for cultural reasons! DBP got rid of Toal and they have no enrollment problems and have plenty of money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

If at all Nunz at Bosco. ... the blueprint to make PC “ livin” again is not Nunz not to mention the admin is not going down that road again.... leaves only Bosco.... but also if Ash survives another year ... Nunz gets another year ... and sniff out a better deal at Another big ten school .... looking at NJ area for recruits etc or asst OC via WR coach ......

I agree with the Bosco speculation my only question to the Bosco faithful is what is the feeling about Teel and how he is running the overall program? Is there much unhappiness? and  would the DBP admin want to go down the uncomfortable road of firing another HC only 2 years removed from getting the job?

26 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

there are differences between the 2...although the athletic depts. have grown in size and importance at the Non-Pubs over the last 20 years they pale in comparison to the importance of college football and basketball. D1 schools require these prominent large programs in order to fund massive infrastructure upgrades on campuses that house up to 40k kids. Many kids attend the Catholic schools on academic and cultural grounds not athletics. I have 4 kids, my first 3 went to public school and my last is going to The Ursuline School in New Rochelle. Why? for cultural reasons! DBP got rid of Toal and they have no enrollment problems and have plenty of money. 

Bosco got the recognition from the toal years. Of course they are not going to have a problem now. Now if Bosco goes 5 years or so without a state title does the talent start to dry up as the talent wants to win. And than the money stops. Money comes with success. Always has been always will be. 

Just look at bergen they changed a lot in the last 5-6 years esp in terms of recruitment. It's no longer just the boys of Bergen county. They had to change or they would never win. Now that they have won kids are going there. 

What does that even mean cultural reasons?? 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Bosco got the recognition from the toal years. Of course they are not going to have a problem now. Now if Bosco goes 5 years or so without a state title does the talent start to dry up as the talent wants to win. And than the money stops. Money comes with success. Always has been always will be. 

Just look at bergen they changed a lot in the last 5-6 years esp in terms of recruitment. It's no longer just the boys of Bergen county. They had to change or they would never win. Now that they have won kids are going there. 

What does that even mean cultural reasons?? 

it means that my wife and I decided that our public school had become misaligned with our values. What was being pushed within the curriculum was not something we wanted for our daughter and trust me like minded people are going to be put more and more in the situation that my wife and I were. It has changed dramatically over the 10 years from when my son went to high school and it shows no sign of letting up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

it means that my wife and I decided that our public school had become misaligned with our values. What was being pushed within the curriculum was not something we wanted for our daughter and trust me like minded people are going to be put more and more in the situation that my wife and I were. It has changed dramatically over the 10 years from when my son went to high school and it shows no sign of letting up. 

You gotta be more specific. Please DM me. I cant have an opinion or conversation with something as vague as your saying. Please DM me