Princeton for the long haul - Mark Fossati ( SJR )

SJR89

as been discussed many times on this board....big time football or high end education if not combined at Notre Dame / Stanford.......Fossati is captain at Princeton this year....they should win the Ivy league....and this little sound byte is what this is about...... the doors that will be opened.....side note....QB from Dematha Lovett having a great season as well 

@NicholasMalibu

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

as been discussed many times on this board....big time football or high end education if not combined at Notre Dame / Stanford.......Fossati is captain at Princeton this year....they should win the Ivy league....and this little sound byte is what this is about...... the what doors that will be opened.....side note....QB from Dematha Lovett having a great season as well 

@NicholasMalibu

The BNU and WCAC have done a great job getting their kids into the Ivy League. I believe this clip was after the Princeton vs Columbia game Friday night. I know a bunch of DeMatha fans tuned in since both QB’s we’re DM alums in Lenhart(Columbia) and Lovett(Princeton). It’s always good to watch those games and hear familiar names on the broadcast. Fossati(SJR) was glaring for me as a DM fan. I’m sure he regularly reminds Lovett of that stomping that took place up in N.J. a few years ago. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

will be watching them take on the Eli's......just noticed the games are on ESPN +.....GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and I have to see if they have on demand.....We've been lucky through the years to watch both my boys play, but thanks to the "facilities" at SJR and BC they play Saturday games so it conflicts with college games. Go get some field lights already and have some SJR alum buy the house from the douche bag that lives behind the visitor's stands. Last year during a military ceremony that asshat was screaming during the national anthem, but we can't have cowbells or any noise makers....talk about the tail waging the dog....

BTW, nice 35-14 win (should've been a shut out) against #16 in the FCS  Univ. of Maine....GO BULLDOGS!!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

as been discussed many times on this board....big time football or high end education if not combined at Notre Dame / Stanford.......Fossati is captain at Princeton this year....they should win the Ivy league....and this little sound byte is what this is about...... the doors that will be opened.....side note....QB from Dematha Lovett having a great season as well 

@NicholasMalibu

see you all next week in Princeton.  Lehigh v Princeton should be a good one!

19 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

Yes and I have to see if they have on demand.....We've been lucky through the years to watch both my boys play, but thanks to the "facilities" at SJR and BC they play Saturday games so it conflicts with college games. Go get some field lights already and have some SJR alum buy the house from the douche bag that lives behind the visitor's stands. Last year during a military ceremony that asshat was screaming during the national anthem, but we can't have cowbells or any noise makers....talk about the tail waging the dog....

BTW, nice 35-14 win (should've been a shut out) against #16 in the FCS  Univ. of Maine....GO BULLDOGS!!

Lmao @SJR89 is it just one neighbor that is the reason we don’t have lights or is it more then 1 house 

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

@NicholasMalibu

I always say this too; living in the northeast tri-state area (PA, NJ, NY) we are really fortunate to live in the middle of two very good academic football leagues in the Patriot and Ivy.  I follow Lehigh Univ religiously for a couple of reasons and will say being able to travel to the away games and the venues they are is just really good small school college football.  I live next to Lehigh and have Lafayette right down the road.  Princeton and UPenn an easy one hour drive, Fordham and Hofstra a bit more but just as easy.  Colgate, Bucknell, and Cornell less than 3 hours of easy driving.  Georgetown alittle over 3 b/c of location,  and the rest of them up into Conn, Mass, and NH.  All great roadtrips up that way tho and worth the weekend.

38 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

I hear it's the one guy......the Alums should get some cash together and make him an offer he can't refuse

the appetite for this has gone away....personally, I like that we do not have night games at home.  we have some major capital campaigns coming that are way more important than lights....

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

the appetite for this has gone away....personally, I like that we do not have night games at home.  we have some major capital campaigns coming that are way more important than lights....

It's called "Friday Night Lights" for a reason...

Highschool = Friday

College = Saturday

NFL = Sunday

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

The BNU and WCAC have done a great job getting their kids into the Ivy League. I believe this clip was after the Princeton vs Columbia game Friday night. I know a bunch of DeMatha fans tuned in since both QB’s we’re DM alums in Lenhart(Columbia) and Lovett(Princeton). It’s always good to watch those games and hear familiar names on the broadcast. Fossati(SJR) was glaring for me as a DM fan. I’m sure he regularly reminds Lovett of that stomping that took place up in N.J. a few years ago. 

This exactly.  And this is why to me it's the best league in the nation. 

I watched a game his senior year with a former St Joe's player who played in the NFL.  We both agreed he didn't have the skill set  for top level D1 football.  I mentioned that to a few other Joe's fathers and they lost their collective minds saying he was one of the top players in the nation, etc.  I've seen some of this craziness in the BNU fanbase over the years (because so many haven't been beyond HS football or seen football outside the BNU)   but never in the kids.  Those BNU schools do such a good job preparing them in all aspects and this kid's accomplishments to me are better than if he was one of the top college players in the nation. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

This exactly.  And this is why to me it's the best league in the nation. 

I watched a game his senior year with a former St Joe's player who played in the NFL.  We both agreed he didn't have the skill set  for top level D1 football.  I mentioned that to a few other Joe's fathers and they lost their collective minds saying he was one of the top players in the nation, etc.  I've seen some of this craziness in the BNU fanbase over the years (because so many haven't been beyond HS football or seen football outside the BNU)   but never in the kids.  Those BNU schools do such a good job preparing them in all aspects and this kid's accomplishments to me are better than if he was one of the top college players in the nation. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I've tried to watch ivy league football on a friday night. Idk how you guys get into it. Unless you have kids playing in the game dont you find it boring?? 

Just asking 

Lol it is but I  take my son to most of the Princeton home games.  It's a nice city and campus and while the players are really weak there is a lot of pageantry (bands,etc) plus I'm trying to groom early for the academic mindset haha.  

I'm always shocked by how small some of those guys are.  I'm 44, 6'1, 230 somewhat lean (still competitively powerlift and box) and so many of them look tiny with no musculature to me.  Put it this way, I would have no fear  taking a carry up the middle (even though I know I'd get belted) but I would refuse to take a carry up the middle on Bama unless I was paid.  KInd of hard to get into the game when you actually feel that way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Lol it is but I  take my son to most of the Princeton home games.  It's a nice city and campus and while the players are really weak there is a lot of pageantry (bands,etc) plus I'm trying to groom early for the academic mindset haha.  

I'm always shocked by how small some of those guys are.  I'm 44, 6'1, 230 somewhat lean (still competitively powerlift and box) and so many of them look tiny with no musculature to me.  Put it this way, I would have no fear  taking a carry up the middle (even though I know I'd get belted) but I would refuse to take a carry up the middle on Bama unless I was paid.  KInd of hard to get into the game when you actually feel that way. 

I cant agree more. I saw Wagner play columbia few years back. It was so boring. Players cant do much. And the playcalling is so vanialla. It's like watching a bad high school football game.

I do hear the campus and area is really nice 

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I've tried to watch ivy league football on a friday night. Idk how you guys get into it. Unless you have kids playing in the game dont you find it boring?? 

It certainly isn't as flag happy as the NFL........love the old school turf at the Yale bowl. Last year's Yale defense was hard hitting and very good, few NFL players. One guy is on the falcons Foyesade Oluokun at LBer.