What did DePaul do....

Zipcep

From NJ.com

No. 3 St. Peter’s Prep (3-2) at No. 9 Don Bosco Prep (3-2)
Friday, 7 p.m.
St. Peter’s coach Rich Hansen said his team got outplayed and outworked in a 16-14 home loss to DePaul last Saturday. It was the latest upset in a topsy-turvy start to the season in the SFC United Red Division and resulted in latest shakeup at the top of the rankings. How will St. Peter’s respond? As Hansen said, “you have to get back to the drawing board and find a way to get up for the next one.” That next one is already here, and Don Bosco is waiting for its first signature victory. Bosco’s defense, led by senior LB Jonathan Alvarado and DL Jahmir Greene, was impressive in a 14-13 loss to Bergen Catholic and pitched a shutout last week in a 37-0 drumming of Pope John. The key in this one will be Don Bosco’s offense. Don Bosco must avoid the penalties that crippled them in the loss to Bergen Catholic and get running backs Jalen Berger and Kyle Monangai going early. The St. Peter’s offense has been dominant at times but struggled against DePaul. You just never know what to expect in the United Red Division, and this one will stick to that theme. Look for whatever team can get its offense going to win. Don Bosco Prep 17, St. Peter's Prep 16

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Undefeated at 6-0. Their D has only given up 39 points all season. And O is averaging 38 ppg. 

I don't know what they're ranked, but it must be pretty high.

Here is an example of why they were better in that game vs DBP. One play my kid was playing defensive line, the play was on the other side of the field, but 2 lineman were torturing him, he'd go down and the 2nd lineman would knock him down when he tried to get up. It happened a few times (maybe even after the whistle) and the wife was pissed.

My answer....when he plays Oline, he and the guard should do the same, but this is a young line (soph & jnr) and they are not experienced enough at this point.....Gonzaga was very chippy in that game

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SPP toyed with DBP both games last season. Average MOV was 18. 

In the 2nd game there was an agreement to pull the starters for the 2nd half(I believe the game meant nothing, playoff seating was set).

DBP did

Hanson didn't....with that and killing Hudson county publics for years, this guy is scum

37 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're speaking of the first game. Final was 28-14. Meant nothing as playoff seeds were already determined. 

You're right. The point was that DBP second team played SPP first team in the 2nd half.....Both teams were heavy with seniors(especially the lines), so I guess DBP wanted to see what they had....typical Hanson, now I see why posters were pissed with him beating Hudson Cty publics 70-0 all the time

12 hours ago, Zipcep said:

You're right. The point was that DBP second team played SPP first team in the 2nd half.....Both teams were heavy with seniors(especially the lines), so I guess DBP wanted to see what they had....typical Hanson, now I see why posters were pissed with him beating Hudson Cty publics 70-0 all the time

Knowing nothing I am willing to bet your story is not completely accurate. 

28-14 game? It makes no sense that a team would pull starters. 

Next game he blew us out...

one and one are not making 2 here, what is it I am missing? 

12 hours ago, Zipcep said:

Knowing nothing I am willing to bet your story is not completely accurate. 

28-14 game? It makes no sense that a team would pull starters. 

Next game he blew us out...

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

What you are missing is you are not that close to the team as I am from an information stand point...like the "low hard driver" you're at 50,000 feet and I'm at 5,000 feet when it comes to knowing day to day info.

3 hours ago, Zipcep said:

What you are missing is you are not that close to the team as I am from an information stand point...like the "low hard driver" you're at 50,000 feet and I'm at 5,000 feet when it comes to knowing day to day info.

i know that but your assertion seems very hard to believe. 

why on earth would anyone take their 1st team out in a 2 score game?

and if they were capable of blowing you out, as they did later, why was the score so close in the first game?

did he play down for you with you realizing it?

like i said, i have no answer but i do have deductive reasoning.

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

why on earth would anyone take their 1st team out in a 2 score game

That regular season game meant nothing. 

The playoff seeds were already determined. 

They were playing against each other the following week no matter what in a playoff game that mattered. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

That regular season game meant nothing. 

The playoff seeds were already determined. 

They were playing against each other the following week no matter what in a playoff game that mattered. 

I get that, I just don't buy the story that Hansen  promised to take out the starters for the second half, period, and that he then did not do it to take advantage of poor unsuspecting Bosco. 

It makes no sense. If poor Bosco put in their 2nd team and Rich didn't , how come they did not blow them off the field? 

A team he blew out a couple weeks later no less with both playing to win.

It simply does not make any sense. 

I have heard so many BS stories about Rich over the years that almost always boil down to Bergen County arrogance.