Ohio Week 8 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

Mentor vs Euclid should be the top game in NE Ohio on Friday.  Euclid generally plays Mentor tough in this rivalry game, and it is at Euclid.  Good possibility to see Mentor lose this one.

What do you guys think about Iggy vs X and Moe vs Eds, considering both are played in Cincy.

21 minutes ago, ohio said:

Mentor vs Euclid should be the top game in NE Ohio on Friday.  Euclid generally plays Mentor tough in this rivalry game, and it is at Euclid.  Good possibility to see Mentor lose this one.

What do you guys think about Iggy vs X and Moe vs Eds, considering both are played in Cincy.

I got St. Ignatius and St. Edward coming out on top.

2 hours ago, ohio said:

I hear Mentor's QB may not start until playoff time and based on last years 61-59 game I think Euclid has the fire power to take this one.

Agree on being a tough travel to Cincinnati but Eds has not lost to Moeller since 2009. Although those teams mean nothing to this years team. I like the way Iggy is playing now.

Going to be 3 good match ups IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

I hear Mentor's QB may not start until playoff time and based on last years 61-59 game I think Euclid has the fire power to take this one.

Agree on being a tough travel to Cincinnati but Eds has not lost to Moeller since 2009. Although those teams mean nothing to this years team. I like the way Iggy is playing now.

Looks like you're right about Kipp being out for a while.  Haven't seen any press about him returning  for the Euclid game.  I too seem to think that Euclid will win this one.  If Mentor loses, they could see Eds or Iggy early in the playoffs.  Thinking about driving over to my old neighborhood to see the game, but might have to work on Friday evening.

I see Eds beating Moe, but Iggy might have their hands full depending on which X shows up. If it's the one that lost to Elder, then Iggy should clobber them; but if it's the one that blasted La Salle, then the Cats might lose down there. 

Would be nice to see a Colerain vs Iggy/Eds/ or Mentor state final.

11 minutes ago, ohio said:

Looks like you're right about Kipp being out for a while.  Haven't seen any press about him returning  for the Euclid game.  I too seem to think that Euclid will win this one.  If Mentor loses, they could see Eds or Iggy early in the playoffs.  Thinking about driving over to my old neighborhood to see the game, but might have to work on Friday evening.

I see Eds beating Moe, but Iggy might have their hands full depending on which X shows up. If it's the one that lost to Elder, then Iggy should clobber them; but if it's the one that blasted La Salle, then the Cats might lose down there. 

Would be nice to see a Colerain vs Iggy/Eds/ or Mentor state final.

This is Colerains year

they play tough D and offensively run and can throw the ball

barring any catastrophic injuries or a slew of turnovers they should win the ship 

18 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

This is Colerains year

they play tough D and offensively run and can throw the ball

barring any catastrophic injuries or a slew of turnovers they should win the ship 

None of those 3 will be able to contain the Colerain option game the first time seeing it live.  

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

None of those 3 will be able to contain the Colerain option game the first time seeing it live.  

Pretty sure Mentor won''t contain it. Eds probably won't either.  As far as Iggy goes, I won't be too sure about it.  Coach Kyle has been around the block a few times, and may have his troops ready in the ship.

tenor.gif?itemid=5693923

Slow your roll gentlemen.  Colerain has played in exactly 1 state title game in their history.  They have to get out of a region that is filled with teams that have seen them multiple times over the years.

Then, they have to get rid of the 900 lb monkey on their back called the State Semi-Finals.

Let's see what they look like against Fairfield on Friday.  The Indians are tough and present all kinds of match-up problems for the Cardinals.

-93CardinalsFan

9 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5693923

Slow your roll gentlemen.  Colerain has played in exactly 1 state title game in their history.  They have to get out of a region that is filled with teams that have seen them multiple times over the years.

Then, they have to get rid of the 900 lb monkey on their back called the State Semi-Finals.

Let's see what they look like against Fairfield on Friday.  The Indians are tough and present all kinds of match-up problems for the Cardinals.

-93CardinalsFan

Very well said.  I agree.  But I think most on here are giving the Cardinals the respect they have earned.  Factor in the experience this years team has,  and it is a major plus.  They have been there before; just need to get over the hump.  As a StX fan, I believe the Bombers will make the playoffs, and hopefully these two will play again (which has become expected).  Cards by 2 TD's over Fairfield.

13 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Yes, looks like they are holding him out with a playoff spot clinched. Smart move. Need Kipp as close to 100% to have a legitimate shot at a title run.