Something Curious

HawgGoneIt

Notre Dame/Sherman Oaks California.

What's the deal with this team? Why are they ranked 141 when they've lost three times, twice to teams ranked lower than them. 

Their wins are all against teams ranked outside the top 400. 

Just seems like they should probably at the minimum be ranked below #189 St. Francis considering they haven't beaten anyone in the top 400. 

141 Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks, CA)   team preview   trend Southern Mission 2 6-3 3-1 (2nd) 2-0 52.9 37.3 50-30
WINS: #401 Serra [Junipero] (Gardena, CA) (38-7), #493 Alemany (Mission Hills, CA) (54-21), #1472 Paraclete (Lancaster, CA) (55-7), #1911 Loyola (Los Angeles, CA) (28-7), #2669 Birmingham (Van Nuys, CA) (49-12), #2760 San Fernando (CA) (56-7), LOSSES: #28 Bishop Amat (La Puente, CA) (28-14), #189 St. Francis (Mountain View, CA) (23-12), #756 Moorpark (CA) (35-34)

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

thatsupicious.jpg

That is Ned helping the schedules appear tougher for the other CA teams to feed off.

A higher ranking will help Bishop Amat, which helps JSerra, which helps MD and SJB.

Same goes for St. Francis who beat ND. It will help prop up DLS and eventually DLS will help either MD or SJB after they slaughter Sparty in the Open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That is Ned helping the schedules appear tougher for the other CA teams to feed off.

A higher ranking will help Bishop Amat, which helps JSerra, which helps MD and SJB.

Same goes for St. Francis who beat ND. It will help prop up DLS and eventually DLS will help either MD or SJB after they slaughter Sparty in the Open.

Now, I'm not saying it's intentional. I just happened to notice them as I was going through doing research for my pick em stuff. 

It could just be an anomaly, but, it's interesting. I can look through and have come to the conclusion that Ned is fucking around in the algorithm more than people think. I used to think strength of schedule played too much of a role, and this year that seems to have been somewhat of an adjustment as we see a few teams with weaker sos in the top 100. However look at SFA. They have no strength of schedule but there they are. SOS alone should have them outside the top 25. 

Is this proof that the starting numbers are truly never ever gone? 

2 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore, MD)   team preview   trend Maryland MIAA A MIAA A 5-0 0-0 0-0 96.6 10.2 5-13
WINS: #3559 More [St. Thomas] (Oakdale, CT) (55-0), #4153 Christ the King (Middle Village, NY) (41-6), Clarkson Football North (Mississauga, Ontario) (64-6), Canada Prep Football Academy (St. Catharines, Ontario) (55-0), #6301 Life Christian Academy (Chester, VA) (51-6), LOSSES: none

I think I agree with NOR that this algorithm has "screwed to pooch". The difference between he and I is, I always thought they were pretty crappy. For him, he only decided to start screeching that when they destroyed his tool for trying to support an illogical stance against Georgia.