trump takes shots at volunteer rescuers...

RedZone

Just a month ago, President Donald Trump praised rescue efforts by citizens in hurricane-devastated areas, but at a political rally in Houston this week, his tone changed to what some say is a mockery.

Going back to March of this year, President Trump invited members of the Cajun Navy to the White House, "I also want to thank some of the heroes of Hurricane Harvey who joined us today."

At other times, it's not clear if he appreciates the volunteer effort.

This past Monday he didn't names, but told a crowd, "They want to go out and they want to go into the Hurricane to show their wife how great they are?"

The tone was striking, and seemed to target volunteers, some of whom could have been part of a local Cajun Navy chapter that showed up to help.

"And next time all you guys and gals -- when there's a hurricane do me a favor don't take your boat out," Trump said.

Clyde Cain founder of the Louisiana Cajun Navy spoke with Eyewitness News via Facetime as he's in Austin preparing to help with high water rescues due to heavy rains. His group has been volunteering to rescue people through all kinds of disasters since Katrina.

"I have no idea where he's getting his information," Cain explained.

Cain has heard comments like this before shortly after Harvey.

"If it wasn't for us and all of the other grass roots volunteers coming together with us, and us inspiring them to get out in boats and kayaks, there would have been a lot of bodies they would have been accounted for," Cain said.

And the remarks don't sit well with him.

"The first responders were inundated, 911 was shut down in Harvey," Cain said.

Even as recently as Hurricane Florence, Trump thanked the Cajun Navy, and then yet again in Houston the President thanked nearly everyone without mentioning much about volunteer groups.

"FEMA was great, first responders were great, the military," Trump said.

Cain says his volunteers only step in where needed, and at the end of the day, only want to help.

"We just want to save people," Cain said.

Your president mocks these people and others like them?

You twisted bastards that support this American embarrassment should be lined up and shot..

Freakin little dicks....

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2018/08/24/louisiana-cajun-navy-rescues-thousands-inspires-many-more

Louisiana Cajun Navy rescues thousands, inspires many more

Release date: 
August 24, 2018
Release Number: 
TRO-NR-030

AUSTIN, Texas — If Clyde Cain had to guess, he’d say the Louisiana Cajun Navy rescued 8,000 to 10,000 Houstonians during the flooding that followed Hurricane Harvey last year. But, he’s really not sure.

“I don’t ever focus on that number … because you don’t have really time to pay attention to that,” said the founder and chief executive officer of the Louisiana Cajun Navy. “The only number that will always matter to me is how many people didn’t get saved. How can we make that number zero?”

Cain and his fellow sailors have been rescuing people from flooded areas since Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana in 2005. When Harvey tore through south Texas last year, the Cajun Navy was ready to deploy, but not until their help was requested.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

We are a nation of big boats and little boats..

Makes sense in the large picture.

The big boats watch the hurricane on TV.

The little boats who come from everywhere save Americans and help Americans.

#mferwinning.

Working people, poor people, middle class people have some empathy. For at some level they (we) understand: there but for God's grace go I. 

The idle rich not so much. It is not that they are evil, no that's not it. The lack of empathy is rooted in no shared experience. They have never cut the grass, pumped gas, swept the floor, cooked a simple, nutritious dinner, in short, done all of the trivial but necessary things to sustain daily life. And this is the root of our current malaise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

This past Monday he didn't names, but told a crowd, "They want to go out and they want to go into the Hurricane to show their wife how great they are?"

Only an idiot would take advise to stay the hell away from a Hurricane  as bad....

Yet you talk to yourself all day long.....trying to convince yourself that if you could only make people believe and misenterpret sound bytes....

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Working people, poor people, middle class people have some empathy. For at some level they (we) understand: there but for God's grace go I. 

The idle rich not so much. It is not that they are evil, no that's not it. The lack of empathy is rooted in no shared experience. They have never cut the grass, pumped gas, swept the floor, cooked a simple, nutritious dinner, in short, done all of the trivial but necessary things to sustain daily life. And this is the root of our current malaise.

true....but has absolutely nothing to do with the babbling idiot's topic.... 

I think Trump was insinuating that although the right intentions are there, going out on “the little boats” is reckless and they do not know how dangerous it is..... 

But You were silent when The previous President’s eloquent rhetoric got cops killed .... but rage on man. 

28 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I wasn't trying to. I was just concerned that you were getting all worked up again. 

Thanks for you concern....

You don't seem to have the same passion for, trump...it must be cool and fashionable when trump gets worked up.

Evidently your daddy is upset at the Cajun Navy and other groups for helping fellow Americans and asking for nothing in return.

The Cajun Navy has informed me they are upgrading to meet trump's boat standards for future hurricane rescues....

"big boats"

Perfect for navigataing flood waters in flooding neighborhoods and cities........after each rescue everyone gets a free glass of champagne.

New Look Cajun Navy Vessels...

images.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, RedZone said:

The Cajun Navy and etc do their best work after the hurricane, you moronic imbecile.

🤣 yeah and where do they float their boats while waiting for it...

or during it....

the imbecile asked....

we appreciate the duckboats and canoes after the storm passes...but be real...

You can try and take things out of context all you like....

enjoy your imbecile party...

20 minutes ago, Troll said:

🤣 yeah and where do they float their boats while waiting for it...

or during it....

the imbecile asked....

we appreciate the duckboats and canoes after the storm passes...but be real...

You can try and take things out of context all you like....

enjoy your imbecile party...

The context is you quack quack like a duck.