NJ Regular Season Finale 10/26 & 10/27

JerseyMan128

This season has flown, so many great games. The League is so balanced it makes for great games every weekend. The regular season finale will be no different, weather on Saturday looks dicey, Heavy Rain & Wind possible. 

The 3 Games in the league this weekend are:

Bergen Catholic @ Depaul; Friday 10/26 7pm:

All signs point to BC winning comfortably, Depaul has lost their best player(OSU Commit Ron Hickman) and took a pounding last week from Don Bosco. Bergen Catholic also has lost key players this season as well, but have essentially the whole season under their belt playing without Josh McKeinze and Dicosmo. But I wouldn’t count Depaul out so quickly. Bergen has some big wins this season(Grayson, Bosco, SJR) but they have had some head scratching outings. The game against a poor Pop John squad 2 weeks ago comes to mind. I think their is a good chance BC might come in to this game alittle over confident. And Depaul has had a taste of success over the last 3 seasons beating the big boys of the Red Division. I think being embarrassed last week reinvigorates them and propels them to play a great game this week. 

IMO Depaul will have success throwing the ball on the BC Defense, and the Depaul defense will play with a chip on their shoulder after getting embarrassed last week(over 500 yards of total offense). But I believe Bergen Catholic will win this game in the end. 

My Pick: BC 28- Depaul 20 

Don Bosco @ Paramus Catholic; Friday 10/26 7pm:

Paramus Catholic is having a rough season. They may have young starters on the field but they have been getting crushed for the last 5 Weeks. Bosco was a young team last year as well but lost their games by one possession. PC has lost the last 4 games by 42 Points, 46 Points, 42 Points & 42 Points. But as poor as PC has been this season, they do have a 7 game winning streak against Don Bosco Prep dating back to 2013. “The Streak” may be the biggest accomplishment of PC’s turn around this decade. Yes maybe even more shocking than their 3 state titles. If 10 years ago I asked you what was more probable, PC winning a state title or beating Don Bosco 7 straight games? Anyone that says a state title is nuts. Bosco has been more successful than many thought. It’s been a struggle at times but they have been playing pretty well. Led by the best backfield duo in the state(I don’t think it’s even close) Juniors Jalen Berger & Kyle Monangai. If they get going, man Bosco gets scary quick. Especially as the weather starts to turn. 

IMO there is very little PC can do to win this game. At best maybe maybe they keep it close but I don’t think they beat Bosco this weekend. All Bosco has to do is hand the ball off and let Monangai & Berger do the rest. 

My Pick: Bosco 52- PC 7 

St. Peter’s Prep @ SJR; Saturday 10/27 1pm:

The biggest game of the weekend by far. SPP is back to #1 in the state and rightfully so IMO. SPP has some tremendous athletes and Masi Maynor is my favorite QB in the league this year. As he goes so does SPP. SJR has gotten some great play out of their 3 running backs in the 2nd half of the season. That group has really come on and is a big reason why SJR is in prime position to win their first NPG4 title in over 20 years. 

The weather is a major concern for Saturday. It appears there will be a Nor’Easter all day Saturday, Heavy Rain & Wind. A lot of games have been moved to either Friday night. But I do not expect this game to be moved. SJR is home and The wind/Rain plays right into their game plan. Joes will pound the ball on offense and take a few shots throughout the game. And SJR’s Run defense is the best in the league. I do not expect SPP to have any success running the football. If they want to win they will need to throw the football. And they have a guy to do it. Maynor(Committed to Navy) has the ability and the weapons to attack the SJR’s Pass defense. Joes’ weakness on D is it’s pass defense. Grieco is a dynamic safety but the corners do not impress me. I think for Peters to win they will need to throw the ball 40 times, and a lot of 3 step drops(Quick Game). The SJR DL is dynamic and will put pressure on Maynor; he will need to get rid of the ball quickly. I believe these are the two most complete teams in the League and there is a good bet this a preview of the State Championship game. I believe SPP can absolutely beat SJR but I don’t think they will win on Saturday. The 2 reasons being, SPP never seems to play well on the road traditionally(They are scary at Cavens point on a Friday night though) and the weather is not at all favorable for them. 

MY Pick: SJR 27- SPP 14 

Looking forward to what you all think about this weeks matchups. Is anyone picking Depaul or PC to win this weekend? 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JerseyMan128 said:

This season has flown, so many great games. The League is so balanced it makes for great games every weekend. The regular season finale will be no different, weather on Saturday looks dicey, Heavy Rain & Wind possible. 

The 3 Games in the league this weekend are:

Bergen Catholic @ Depaul; Friday 10/26 7pm:

All signs point to BC winning comfortably, Depaul has lost their best player(OSU Commit Ron Hickman) and took a pounding last week from Don Bosco. Bergen Catholic also has lost key players this season as well, but have essentially the whole season under their belt playing without Josh McKeinze and Dicosmo. But I wouldn’t count Depaul out so quickly. Bergen has some big wins this season(Grayson, Bosco, SJR) but they have had some head scratching outings. The game against a poor Pop John squad 2 weeks ago comes to mind. I think their is a good chance BC might come in to this game alittle over confident. And Depaul has had a taste of success over the last 3 seasons beating the big boys of the Red Division. I think being embarrassed last week reinvigorates them and propels them to play a great game this week. 

IMO Depaul will have success throwing the ball on the BC Defense, and the Depaul defense will play with a chip on their shoulder after getting embarrassed last week(over 500 yards of total offense). But I believe Bergen Catholic will win this game in the end. 

My Pick: BC 28- Depaul 20 

Don Bosco @ Paramus Catholic; Friday 10/26 7pm:

Paramus Catholic is having a rough season. They may have young starters on the field but they have been getting crushed for the last 5 Weeks. Bosco was a young team last year as well but lost their games by one possession. PC has lost the last 4 games by 42 Points, 46 Points, 42 Points & 42 Points. But as poor as PC has been this season, they do have a 7 game winning streak against Don Bosco Prep dating back to 2013. “The Streak” may be the biggest accomplishment of PC’s turn around this decade. Yes maybe even more shocking than their 3 state titles. If 10 years ago I asked you what was more probable, PC winning a state title or beating Don Bosco 7 straight games? Anyone that says a state title is nuts. Bosco has been more successful than many thought. It’s been a struggle at times but they have been playing pretty well. Led by the best backfield duo in the state(I don’t think it’s even close) Juniors Jalen Berger & Kyle Monangai. If they get going, man Bosco gets scary quick. Especially as the weather starts to turn. 

IMO there is very little PC can do to win this game. At best maybe maybe they keep it close but I don’t think they beat Bosco this weekend. All Bosco has to do is hand the ball off and let Monangai & Berger do the rest. 

My Pick: Bosco 52- PC 7 

St. Peter’s Prep @ SJR; Saturday 10/27 1pm:

The biggest game of the weekend by far. SPP is back to #1 in the state and rightfully so IMO. SPP has some tremendous athletes and Masi Maynor is my favorite QB in the league this year. As he goes so does SPP. SJR has gotten some great play out of their 3 running backs in the 2nd half of the season. That group has really come on and is a big reason why SJR is in prime position to win their first NPG4 title in over 20 years. 

The weather is a major concern for Saturday. It appears there will be a Nor’Easter all day Saturday, Heavy Rain & Wind. A lot of games have been moved to either Friday night. But I do not expect this game to be moved. SJR is home and The wind/Rain plays right into their game plan. Joes will pound the ball on offense and take a few shots throughout the game. And SJR’s Run defense is the best in the league. I do not expect SPP to have any success running the football. If they want to win they will need to throw the football. And they have a guy to do it. Maynor(Committed to Navy) has the ability and the weapons to attack the SJR’s Pass defense. Joes’ weakness on D is it’s pass defense. Grieco is a dynamic safety but the corners do not impress me. I think for Peters to win they will need to throw the ball 40 times, and a lot of 3 step drops(Quick Game). The SJR DL is dynamic and will put pressure on Maynor; he will need to get rid of the ball quickly. I believe these are the two most complete teams in the League and there is a good bet this a preview of the State Championship game. I believe SPP can absolutely beat SJR but I don’t think they will win on Saturday. The 2 reasons being, SPP never seems to play well on the road traditionally(They are scary at Cavens point on a Friday night though) and the weather is not at all favorable for them. 

MY Pick: SJR 27- SPP 14 

Looking forward to what you all think about this weeks matchups. Is anyone picking Depaul or PC to win this weekend? 

Man oh man I love your write ups. This man gives his opinion and always gives some statistical facts to support his opinions. That's all I ask of my fellow board members. Even when I dont agree with a thing or two you say, I respect your opinion because it's backed by something. 

Ps.

With all that was said above, I have to say I disagree with your statement bosco by far has the best backfield.  YOU ARE WHAT YOUR STATS/PRODUCTION SAYS YOU ARE!

KYLE MONANGAI IS NO DOUBT A BEAST THOUGH. Best back in the league Imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Man oh man I love your write ups. This man gives his opinion and always gives some statistical facts to support his opinions. That's all I ask of my fellow board members. Even when I dont agree with a thing or two you say, I respect your opinion because it's backed by something. 

Ps.

With all that was said above, I have to say I disagree with your statement bosco by far has the best backfield.  YOU ARE WHAT YOUR STATS/PRODUCTION SAYS YOU ARE!

I agree. Its btw him and johnson imo. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I'm going to the BC DePaul game. As I believe on the surface Bc should absolutely blow DePaul out of the water bergen has not impressed me since the grayson game.

1 pt win over bosco

Blown out by spp

Barely beat a horrible PJ team

Etc etc

Yeah DePaul without Hickman is a huge difference. Heck with Hickman delbarton took them to OT. 

DePaul OL didnt impress me against delbarton and bergen should be in the backfield. But in saying that bergen has a tendency to struggle with athletic QBs. 

In saying all that I'll take Bergen winning 42-28

39 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Ps.

Thank you for the kind words. 

No question the Bosco RB’s do not have the stats right now. BUT they are the 2 most talented players IMO. Thunder & Lightning. Monangai runs everyone over than Berger runs away from everyone. The fact that they are both Juniors is crazy. They could be one of the best 1,2 punches in America next year. 

But I also respect your opinion. Johnson or the SJR RB’s are very talented. Can’t go wrong with any of them. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm going to the BC DePaul game. As I believe on the surface Bc should absolutely blow DePaul out of the water bergen has not impressed me since the grayson game.

1 pt win over bosco

Blown out by spp

Etc etc

Yeah DePaul without Hickman is a huge difference. Heck with Hickman delbarton took them to OT. 

DePaul OL didnt impress me against delbarton and bergen should be in the backfield. But in saying that bergen has a tendency to struggle with athletic QBs. 

I agree with you. BC has found a way to win a lot of tight games this year, which is what defending Champions should do. 

I just can not see Depaul playing that poor on Defense 2 weeks in a row. To score 42 points, Boel will have to light them up. I am not sure he can. 

• Like 1

Just now, JerseyMan128 said:

I agree with you. BC has found a way to win a lot of tight games this year, which is what defending Champions should do. 

I just can not see Depaul playing that poor on Defense 2 weeks in a row. To score 42 points, Boel will have to light them up. I am not sure he can. 

Pound the ball!!!!!!! Bosco showed what to do. 

Johnson should have 30 touches tomorrow night 

5 minutes ago, JerseyMan128 said:

I guess I am assuming that Depaul coaches will not just lineup in the same Defensive front with no pressure or movement if BC starts to pound the ball.

We will find out soon enough! 

Maybe but I'm gonna go with BC being able to pound the ball. 

Yes we shall see. 

Idk who gets bosco in the 1st round of the playoffs but they are the most dangerous team going into the playoffs 

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

1 pt win over bosco

Blown out by spp

Etc etc

I have been hard on Bergen all year but I think matchup wise BC is a tough team for DPC even more so than Bosco. BC's offense is more balanced than probably any of the other BNU squads and no matter how hard DePaul tries to stop the run Cody,Gist & DeVera will be too much to handle. On the other side of the ball, save the long runs by SJR the BC defense has acquitted themselves pretty well especially up front where Jeremiah Grant is quickly establishing himself as one of the best DE/LB in the conference. It should be interesting to see early on how many blitzes they dial up on Robinson. 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

I have been hard on Bergen all year but I think matchup wise BC is a tough team for DPC even more so than Bosco. BC's offense is more balanced than probably any of the other BNU squads and no matter how hard DePaul tries to stop the run Cody,Gist & DeVera will be too much to handle. On the other side of the ball, save the long runs by SJR the BC defense has acquitted themselves pretty well especially up front where Jeremiah Grant is quickly establishing himself as one of the best DE/LB in the conference. It should be interesting to see early on how many blitzes they dial up on Robinson. 

I agree with your assessment. But DePaul was able to beat spp at caven point. Something bc was not able to do and ended up getting blown out. Yes I know Hickman is not in this game and that is a huge game changer for DePaul but u have to assume that they are not happy about last week and they are in front of their home crowd. I believe bergen wins and they should win going away but DePaul might make it interesting in the first half 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with your assessment. But DePaul was able to beat spp at caven point. Something bc was not able to do and ended up getting blown out. Yes I know Hickman is not in this game and that is a huge game changer for DePaul but u have to assume that they are not happy about last week and they are in front of their home crowd. I believe bergen wins and they should win going away but DePaul might make it interesting in the first half 

look one thing I have said for years on the forums is that BC tends to play to their competition's level. Very rarely does Bergen blow anyone out, with last week being an exception because PC has just given up. I think you are correct in it being interesting and I will go further in saying BC wins a close one 24-20. Now if they win by 2 or more scores then we will have a better understanding as to where these teams are going in to the playoffs. I'm also calling for the SJR/SPP game to be postponed, doubt they play in that weather.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

look one thing I have said for years on the forums is that BC tends to play to their competition's level. Very rarely does Bergen blow anyone out, with last week being an exception because PC has just given up. I think you are correct in it being interesting and I will go further in saying BC wins a close one 24-20. Now if they win by 2 or more scores then we will have a better understanding as to where these teams are going in to the playoffs. I'm also calling for the SJR/SPP game to be postponed, doubt they play in that weather.

They are playing. It's already been stated they will play on Saturday. And why is everyone freaking out about the weather. They are saying around 1 inch of rain. Play football. Football can be played in the rain snow sleet etc etc. Game has to be played by Saturday for it to count towards playoffs 

And your right about bC. They havent blown away anyone since they got home from Georgia. The offense has not been great at all. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

They are playing. It's already been stated they will play on Saturday. And why is everyone freaking out about the weather. They are saying around 1 inch of rain. Play football. Football can be played in the rain snow sleet etc etc. 

And your right about bC. They havent blown away anyone since they got home from Georgia. The offense has not been great at all. 

look neither one of those coaches want their players out on that turf with heavy rain (1 to 2 inches) and gusty winds. Trust me I don't care what they are saying right now that game will be postponed in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

look neither one of those coaches want their players out on that turf with heavy rain (1 to 2 inches) and gusty winds. Trust me I don't care what they are saying right now that game will be postponed in my opinion.

That's pathetic of both coaches. You play the game. You deal with the elements. You want perfect conditions play basketball. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Theu cant move it past Saturday. Saturday is the last day the game will count towards playoffs. 

They can move it, trust me. Season ends Sunday. They have already moved the BN cross country meet from Saturday to Sunday & the boys county soccer championship game also. Some regular season games for Saturday have been moved & I'd expect Joe's to move it also. The game means a lot to both teams & trust me Augie would like nice conditions & rain & heavy winds are not something he'd like to play in.

5 minutes ago, prep82 said:

They can move it, trust me. Season ends Sunday. They have already moved the BN cross country meet from Saturday to Sunday & the boys county soccer championship game also. Some regular season games for Saturday have been moved & I'd expect Joe's to move it also. The game means a lot to both teams & trust me Augie would like nice conditions & rain & heavy winds are not something he'd like to play in.

Varsity aces put out there that it cant be moved past Saturday. 

It's just ridiculous that teams cant plain weather. Like come on. Its football. It's not supposed to be perfect conditions every week. 

Thanks for the info. I was just putting out what was being reported 

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The games won't count power point-wise if they're played after Saturday. And every teams needs to increase their totals. Has to be Fri or Saturday. 

Exceptions for weather & safety of kids come into play & allow games to be moved to Sunday. I know this as a ref & some state games in soccer have already been moved. This is direct from the NJSIAA not Varsity Aces which doesn't know shit.