SJR vs SPP

SJR89

1 minute ago, SJR89 said:

The game is on despite the weather......gonna be a old fashioned smash mouth...heavy run day.........a  little ounce of revenge for last year giving it away to SPP.... smash mouth...all day...suffocating defense ... SJR 24- 10 over SPP.........................

I said it yesterday or the da before this game will not be postponed 

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Does SPP win that game if the TD before the half is not waived off? I say no, because they were shut down 2nd half. I'll assume the game would've ended 16-14 SJR. What do you guys think?

hard to speculate on something like that..it changes the game in so many ways that anything is possible. These upcoming playoffs are going to be unbelievable just for the sheer uncertainty of these teams. I don't think there is a clear favorite and I believe each team has strengths and weaknesses. SPP is now more of an enigma to me than any other team. Was the BC win a one off? They seemingly have not been able to move the ball consistently ever since that Bergen win. SJR?? typical but once again they have trouble scoring points. Bosco?? really?? play BC & SPP tough and then struggle with PC! BC?? beat SJR in Montvale on TK Day and then struggle with PJ. BC to me is the most balanced team and I like the fact that they have finally come to the conclusion that this offense is a passing one first and a running one second. The semifinals are going to be coin tosses

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

hard to speculate on something like that..it changes the game in so many ways that anything is possible. These upcoming playoffs are going to be unbelievable just for the sheer uncertainty of these teams. I don't think there is a clear favorite and I believe each team has strengths and weaknesses. SPP is now more of an enigma to me than any other team. Was the BC win a one off? They seemingly have not been able to move the ball consistently ever since that Bergen win. SJR?? typical but once again they have trouble scoring points. Bosco?? really?? play BC & SPP tough and then struggle with PC! BC?? beat SJR in Montvale on TK Day and then struggle with PJ. BC to me is the most balanced team and I like the fact that they have finally come to the conclusion that this offense is a passing one first and a running one second. The semifinals are going to be coin tosses

I think Bergen will coast to MetLife.  Ofcourse Joe's and SPP will be a toss up. Winner of SJR vs SPP should make for a great game at met life. Both Joe's and SPP match up well with BC.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don't forget the Powell fumble in the second half too. Refs said he was already down, but many are saying otherwise. Does SPP score if awarded the ball? 17-16 or 21-16 SPP? Looking fwd to Round 2! 

Did Powell really fumble? I'm hearing he was clearly down, but what would I expect SJR/Powell supporters to say? It's all speculative,  but I still think SPP would of came away empty even if they were awarded the turnover. They were shut down in the 2nd half. They haven't shown a reliable kicker all year.  I'm hoping Joe's found something in the 2nd half that they can ride goin fwd. They made a few coverage adjustments and used some new personnel that seemed to put a stop to the Mayner* show. 

20 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Bc vs DB and SJR vs Spp.... there is committee meeting to seed np3/4 today .... it probably will be 

bc -1. Sjr -2. Spp-3 dB-4 only other possibility would be sjr -1 if there formula gets krazy 

So sjr and spp were going to be 2 and 3 regardless so yesterday’s win was for home field advantage ? 

36 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

So sjr and spp were going to be 2 and 3 regardless so yesterday’s win was for home field advantage ? 

If SPP won they might have got the 1 seed because of head to head with BC. Being that DePaul isn't in league or group 4, I'm hearing that loss wouldn't have factored in, which is why SPP wins a share of the league with 2 losses and SJR/BC only have 1 league loss. Idk how this crap works. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WELL LOOK AT THAT! Not even ole GSB can bury them now 

Bergen Catholic is No. 1 after the first season! I knew it back in late August those baby Crusaders were going to win it all in Jersey. After Friday’s five touchdown ass kicking over DePaul, I’m leaning on BC to carry the flag the rest of the way into the playoffs

Roll Crusaders.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2