Florida vs OOS (Postseason update)

Nolebull813

40 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

FL trending down for  while.  Not sure if anyone saw this but the other night college football live ran a bit on the downfall of Florida football.  The college teams are so bad they're breaking all kinds of terrible records.   

They discussed how the irony is that all of this happening while the talent production edge  they have on the rest of the country has widened.  Shows how fubar that state's football  actually is.  

Cali and TX will whip FL ass in HS as will plenty of other top teams from other states vs their top teams but as I've said before Cali and TX have the best teams and GA isnt far behind.  The lack of coaching, discipline and QB play in FL  is actually something to behold.....quite possibly the worst in the nation so the teams are really nothing special

I thought you were trolling, but couldn't bet the house until I saw where it said Cali whips Florida's ass. 

Thats where you took it too far, and went from brutal criticism to complete satire 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I thought you were trolling, but couldn't bet the house until I saw where it said Cali whips Florida's ass. 

Thats where you took it too far, and went from brutal criticism to complete satire 

I dunno know man....didnt mean it as an insult.  I'm always making the claim I consider FL the best football state because all I care about is talent output and production at the next levels.  Nothing else means a damn thing to me.  However  if youre talking top HS teams vs top HS teams I would take Cali over FL - their teams are more complete in  my opionion which  doesnt matter anyway......and if I'm wrong why is ESPN running specials on the "FL downtrend" (albeit at the college level) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I dunno know man....didnt mean it as an insult.  I'm always making the claim I consider FL the best football state because all I care about is talent output and production at the next levels.  Nothing else means a damn thing to me.  However  if youre talking top HS teams vs top HS teams I would take Cali over FL - their teams are more complete in  my opionion which  doesnt matter anyway......and if I'm wrong why is ESPN running specials on the "FL downtrend" (albeit at the college level) 

Are you forming this opinion of Cali over Florida because STA finished number 13 in Florida the year they skirt lifted the consensus number 2 team in Cali? 

Or did you think Cali was better after Lakeland and STA flamed out of the playoffs after skull denting California State Champs DLS? 

Im having trouble finding evidence for your case. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Are you forming this opinion of Cali over Florida because STA finished number 13 in Florida the year they skirt lifted the consensus number 2 team in Cali? 

Or did you think Cali was better after Lakeland and STA flamed out of the playoffs after skull denting California State Champs DLS? 

Im having trouble finding evidence for your case. 

I get your point here.  Just an eye test from  when I watch personally.  However this could be jaded by the fact that SJB and MD are parochials. 

I am more  impressed with the Miami publics who can mix it up with anyone and again South FL  is the best area for football in the nation and has been for a good 40 years.

As I said, it's  really just my eye test opionion that all things considered the top 10 vs top 10 probably wouldnt be good for FL against  TX or Cali.

Now, lets just say that we abolished parochials and forced each team to play with what they have within district.  No one is beating FL and especially Miami (when I say Miami I mean just Liberty, Opa, Carol and Overtown neighborhoods alone)  will stomp a mudhole in anybody even with the crappy QB play and discipline.  Those hoods with less than 100k total people will put out two teams that would beat any one team from anywhere else with 5x that population.   And SMH at the idots on here who say its because of the AA population - lol go to any AA population of  multiples more in any other city than what's in those hoods and you wont come close.  Its because football is life there which is why I automatically like those teams  

Thats how I see FL mate - its staple in HS football and no one take away the incredible amount of  players it produces at a level superior to anyone so much respect due.   But if I watch a top tier Cali game it is much cleaner, much more precise and  they just look better to me because of that ( in terms of "better teams") .  Obviously you know how impt QB play is - TX and Cali probably put out more D1 QB's in a year than FL in a 10 year period.  

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 11:06 AM, GrecoRoman said:

FL trending down for  while.  Not sure if anyone saw this but the other night college football live ran a bit on the downfall of Florida football.  The college teams are so bad they're breaking all kinds of terrible records.   

They discussed how the irony is that all of this happening while the talent production edge  they have on the rest of the country has widened.  Shows how fubar that state's football  actually is.  

Cali and TX will whip FL ass in HS as will plenty of other top teams from other states vs their top teams but as I've said before Cali and TX have the best teams and GA isnt far behind.  The lack of coaching, discipline and QB play in FL  is actually something to behold.....quite possibly the worst in the nation so the teams are really nothing special

Fsu struggles come from it’s south fl woes.  https://www.stateoftheu.com/2018/10/5/17940800/miami-hurricanes-florida-state-seminoles-football-south-florida-talent-more

same thing happened to Fl after we got big time.  Started getting 4 and 5 stars from other states and forgot about the Fl talent.

None of the big 3 are locking down the state at the moment.  Just look at the top recruits and where they’re going.

Updated 

OOS teams in the 2nd round 

Regis Jesuit lost 

Muscle Shoals,AL - lost 

Elba,AL - lost 

Greeley West,CO - lost 

New Hampstead,GA - lost 

Valwood - lost 

Westlake,GA - lost 

Holmes County Central,MS - lost 

Metrolina Christian,NC - lost

Dematha - lost 

Kennedy Catholic - lost 

Rummel,LA - Enter 3rd

St Joes,NJ - playing in finals

Autauga Academy,AL - enter 3rd

Buford - enter 3rd

North Gwinnett- enter 3rd 

Bainbridge - enter 3rd 

On 11/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, GrecoRoman said:

However  if youre talking top HS teams vs top HS teams I would take Cali over FL - their teams are more complete in  my opionion which  doesnt matter anyway......and if I'm wrong why is ESPN running specials on the "FL downtrend" (albeit at the college level) 

Since you’re referencing an article about college level, what’s the status on California teams in college?   I don’t see the correlation there.