Whiteshoes Top 100 - November 7, 2018

whiteshoes

31 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, since DBP beat a top 5 SC team (Byrnes) and wrecked DePaul, I’d say that makes them relevant. Zaga smoked DBP by 30. That puts them in the top 100 teams in the country. 

Publeeeeaze.  DePaul??? We have a DePaul in California called Alemeny.

Byrnes hasn’t been relevant in years.  No one talks about Byrnes anymore.

Dont be a such prisoner of the past. 

DBP is Tier 6.  

8 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Publeeeeaze.  DePaul??? We have a DePaul in California called Alemeny.

Byrnes hasn’t been relevant in years.  No one talks about Byrnes anymore.

Dont be a such prisoner of the past. 

DBP is Tier 6.  

Please my ass. DePaul and Byrnes aren’t exactly slouches. They are both still in the top 5-10% of all teams nationwide. I’m okay with Whiteshoes having Zaga in a top 100 poll. Some of his other selections, however, desire questioning....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Who is Tier 1 or 2 from Ohio?

a. No one

b. Are you kidding me. hahaha

c. errrrr 1982 Moeller

d. All of the above.

You don’t think Colerain, Hoban or Mentor are tier 2 teams?

Based on my criteria I think they are 

my credentials, never lost a pick em ever and that includes you

Sammy you are a good dude😀

21 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

You don’t think Colerain, Hoban or Mentor are tier 2 teams?

Based on my criteria I think they are 

my credentials, never lost a pick em ever and that includes you

Sammy you are a good dude😀

The problem with Mentor is that they barely squeeked by St. Eds early (when Eds was not a good team) and then Mentor lost to Salon late in the season. 

Colerain could move to Tier 2 once they get a convincing signature win.  They are kinda in limbo in Tier 3 until later in the playoffs.  Their signature win is St. X who is having a down year.  Colerain is like the Mission Viejo of Ohio without having to face the Trinity League in the playoffs

Hoban only beat Iggy by 7 and Mentor beat Iggy by 21 the following week.

Tier 2 teams have a better resume currently than these three.

17 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The problem with Mentor is that they barely squeeked by St. Eds early (when Eds was not a good team) and then Mentor lost to Salon late in the season. 

Colerain could move to Tier 2 once they get a convincing signature win.  They are kinda in limbo in Tier 3 until later in the playoffs.  Their signature win is St. X who is having a down year.  Colerain is like the Mission Viejo of Ohio without having to face the Trinity League in the playoffs

Sammy love you

I sent a detailed response but it did not arrive

I guess the membership declines... you might be talking to your self😀

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

So where is Allen's signature win?  Don't answer that because they don't have one.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Allen's signature win is their W/L record over the past 5 years in a very tough playoff bracket.  That gets them to Tier 2 Limbo until we see what happens in the 6a Semi's and finals.  Kinda like Colerain

There is no playoff bracket tougher than the Ohio D1 playoff bracket.  You play top notch comp from round 1 to the ship.  Like i said, your tier system sucks.  You go against your own criteria whenever you need it to fit an agenda.  I have now debunked you on two of your criteria.  I can shoot more holes in your tiers but my point has been made.  

Have a nice night.

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

There is no playoff bracket tougher than the Ohio D1 playoff bracket.  You play top notch comp from round 1 to the ship.  Like i said, your tier system sucks.  You go against your own criteria whenever you need it to fit an agenda.  I have now debunked you on two of your criteria.  I can shoot more holes in your tiers but my point has been made.  

Have a nice night.

I agree with you that there is a lot of parity among the teams participating in the Ohio D1 bracket.  Which makes it fun in its unpredictability.  Nothing better than seeing quality Tier 3 teams duke it out in the same playoff bracket.  Much better than having Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams mauling Tier 3 and Tier 4 teams in the early rounds.