Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What's the line on the ED/Mentor game next week? Mentor favored, right? 

I would have Mentor favored by 3 which is the score Mentor won by last time 42-39

Eds missed a XP in that game that was the chance to be in OT.

Mentor also committed a personal foul roughing on one of the last plays in the game on Ed’s QB who had to be carted off the field in an ambulance so this will be a hotly contested game.

could go either way

• Thanks 1

I'd favor Mentor by more than 3 after seeing the Ed's defense struggle with the run last night. 

Down south it looks like Elder will be without Bittner.  What could have been an interesting game will likely be another Colerain blowout. The backup is a talented runner, but cannot distribute the ball like Bittner. 

2 hours ago, OdbCle said:

My top 10 after last night's games:

1. Colerain

2. Mentor

3. Hoban

4. St. Edward

5. TCC

6. St. Ignatius

7. Hilliard Davidson

8. Pick Central

9. Massillon

10. Winton Woods

I think this is exactly how I'd have it. Maybe switch Massillon and Pick Central.  Still a little concerned that Pick Centrals offense only put up 10 this week and 7 last week. On a good note, it appears their defense has really improved

4 hours ago, OdbCle said:

I'd favor Mentor by more than 3 after seeing the Ed's defense struggle with the run last night. 

Down south it looks like Elder will be without Bittner.  What could have been an interesting game will likely be another Colerain blowout. The backup is a talented runner, but cannot distribute the ball like Bittner. 

Did you go, watch or listen to the game?

48 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Listened. Was it not as bad as it sounded? 

Well not sure it was better LOL

but their QB was inches from a completion or two , he is actually a really nice player.

Eds scheme was to take the pass away and they succeeded in the first half but gave up some big runs 

they made the adjustment in the second half to bring some pressure and left the DB’ s on a island one on one and twice with blown coverages 

the last TD was against Kent. Why was he even in there and it looked like he did not want to be in there

the D actually looked pretty decent after halftime adjustments 

In regard to the Mentor game I think Ed’s  will win without turning the ball over

the game may come down to a missed XP like last time, 2 point conversion or FG

going to be a great game, all the analysts/reporters on Spectrum are excited for this one. 

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

but their QB was inches from a completion or two , he is actually a really nice player.

Eds scheme was to take the pass away and they succeeded in the first half but gave up some big runs 

they made the adjustment in the second half to bring some pressure and left the DB’ s on a island one on one and twice with blown coverages 

the last TD was against Kent. Why was he even in there and it looked like he did not want to be in there

In regard to the Mentor game I think Ed’s  will win without turning the ball over

going to be a great game, all the analysts/reporters on Spectrum are excited for this one. 

Agree. So excited for this one. Of course Eds and Mentor aren't getting the national recognition they deserve, but it happens....I get it, but it seems like a lazy job done by the pollsters. I don't expect them to know everything, but in Mentor' s  case they should be aware of a star QB being banged up late in the season and rested for the playoffs when they had the #1 seed locked 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

I don’t know why they insist on putting Kent in there at corner. Sure he has speed, but he has no technique at the position. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 9:29 PM, OdbCle said:

Finals:

Mentor 36, McKinley 6

O Lib 10, Reynoldsburg 0

Colerain 48, Milford 14

TCC 56, Avon Lake 16

Dublin Coffman 43, Whitmer 20

Pick C 33, Northmont 7

Didn't expect PC to win by so much.  If they are starting to get hot like last year, they have a chance to win the whole thing again.

Eds vs Mentor could go either way.  If Eds can slow down the Mentor running game, they should win.  Doubt if Mentor can hold Eds to under 30.  Could end up being a high scoring game.

9 minutes ago, ohio said:

Didn't expect PC to win by so much.  If they are starting to get hot like last year, they have a chance to win the whole thing again.

Eds vs Mentor could go either way.  If Eds can slow down the Mentor running game, they should win.  Doubt if Mentor can hold Eds to under 30.  Could end up being a high scoring game.

PC had 3 pick 6 in the game

the true formula for victory as did Colerain 😀 

yes the Ed/Mentor game can go either way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hardhit1 said:

PC had 3 pick 6 in the game

the true formula for victory as did Colerain 😀 

yes the Ed/Mentor game can go either way

Just watched some of the Colerain/Milford game.  First time I saw Colerain this year in the above video that 93Cardinals Fan posted.  They look like they have good speed on both sides of the ball.  Their weakness may that they are a little one dimensional on offense, but if their QB can have a good game then they will awfully difficult to stop.  Right now I think that both Eds and/or Mentor would have a hard time stopping them in the final.  

Of the remaining teams left in the playoffs, Hilliard Davidson would be the most likely team to slow them down.  JMO.

• Like 1