Ohio Playoffs Round 2 Predictions/Discussion

Coletrain06

12 hours ago, ohio said:

Just watched some of the Colerain/Milford game.  First time I saw Colerain this year in the above video that 93Cardinals Fan posted.  They look like they have good speed on both sides of the ball.  Their weakness may that they are a little one dimensional on offense, but if their QB can have a good game then they will awfully difficult to stop.  Right now I think that both Eds and/or Mentor would have a hard time stopping them in the final.  

Of the remaining teams left in the playoffs, Hilliard Davidson would be the most likely team to slow them down.  JMO.

Yes, of the remaining teams in the field, I'd agree that HD could present the "worst" matchup for Colerain. 

Not to overlook Elder, but it is interesting to think that Colerain is going to get a "revenge" game, if they can advance to the State Semi's.  I am sure the current roster would love another shot at Pick. Central given the uncharacteristic level of execution in last year's game, however, I bet Tom would love to erase the memories from 2006 by taking on Brian White and HD with this year's squad.

-93CardinalsFan

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ohio said:

Just watched some of the Colerain/Milford game.  First time I saw Colerain this year in the above video that 93Cardinals Fan posted.  They look like they have good speed on both sides of the ball.  Their weakness may that they are a little one dimensional on offense, but if their QB can have a good game then they will awfully difficult to stop.  Right now I think that both Eds and/or Mentor would have a hard time stopping them in the final.  

Of the remaining teams left in the playoffs, Hilliard Davidson would be the most likely team to slow them down.  JMO.

HD looks like the best match up but no one is beating Colerain this year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

HD looks like the best match up but no one is beating Colerain this year

Of the teams left, Colerain has the best chance of ending up in the top 10 in the national rankings.  If one of the other teams win most likely they end up somewhere in the top 20.

12 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

They do but their focus needs to be on winning Ohio D1 

the rest will possibly fall in place 

That's not a concern.  There isn't a person in that locker room, coach or player, that gives two craps about national rankings.  All they care about is winning an Ohio D1 State Championship.

As you said, do that and the rest will fall into place, for whatever that's worth.

Step 1...BEAT ELDER.

-93CardinalsFan