Jada pinkett Smith

Mjd33

Racist piece of shit she is. This is the new normal. Things like this feed the division and hatred. She is a kook and her kids are fucked in the head. A while back there was an article stating their children are the celebrities most likely to commit suicide. It satire but made sense given their psycho ass parents. 

Cue Devil Dog to post something from the 1800's, 

repeat after me. NO RACISM IS OK! 

some white trash piece of shit says something like this, it's just as bad 

It would be great if folks read the article.

She didn't say her bias is an admirable virtue, she admitted it's something she works on to overcome.  And frankly, we all have biases, the struggle is to keep them in check so that we don't make discriminatory decisions based on them.  that was the essence of her article. 

• Thanks 2

Here's a quote from the article.

“I was going to do an interview with this blond woman and I thought twice about it. I was like, ‘I don’t know if I want to do that.’ That was my first instinct because of how she looked. And I was like, ‘Oh! That’s no different.’ That doesn’t give me the right to clump all blond women in one. … It’s no different than you getting robbed by a black guy once and now you’re saying all black dudes are thieves and dangerous.

“We, even as black women, have to be willing to look at our biases that keep us from being able to bridge the gap [with white women],” she added.

• Thanks 1

What the hell is the point of her bringing this up? Just to stir the pot. There literally isn't anything she is gaining and there is no message she is conveying. Just that she is racist, and it's normal. 

"A black kid with dreads stole my bike when I was 12 years old. Let me use my celebrity and platform to tell the world that black men with dreads trigger me because of that" 

how fucking stupid and racist does that sound? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What the hell is the point of her bringing this up? Just to stir the pot. There literally isn't anything she is gaining and there is no message she is conveying. Just that she is racist, and it's normal. 

"A black kid with dreads stole my bike when I was 12 years old. Let me use my celebrity and platform to tell the world that black men with dreads trigger me because of that" 

how fucking stupid and racist does that sound? 

Actually yes there is.  We all have biases and we must struggle to not let our biases dictate our actions. 

Discrimination is the act of being biased.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Actually yes there is.  We all have biases and we must struggle to not let our biases dictate our actions. 

Discrimination is the act of being biased.

Yes but it depends on the discrimination. I have been just as sketched out if not more seeing some white trash walking my way than any black people. Now there have been times I have been in bad neighborhoods and have been sketched out by black people but it wasn't because of their race. It was because of the neighborhood, and drugs were Involved. (Buying weed. A lot younger) Lol. 

The point is I discriminate against people that look like low lives. Doesn't matter the color. And I'm just using context clues and common sense. And I don't hold any power to affect anything relevant. It's more like a personal awareness thing. 

I get along with people who are kind and respectful. Gay, straight, black, white, whatever. As long as they are respectful then I can rock with them 

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes but it depends on the discrimination. I have been just as sketched out if not more seeing some white trash walking my way than any black people. Now there have been times I have been in bad neighborhoods and have been sketched out by black people but it wasn't because of their race. It was because of the neighborhood, and drugs were Involved. (Buying weed. A lot younger) Lol. 

The point is I discriminate against people that look like low lives. Doesn't matter the color. And I'm just using context clues and common sense. And I don't hold any power to affect anything relevant. It's more like a personal awareness thing. 

I get along with people who are kind and respectful. Gay, straight, black, white, whatever. As long as they are respectful then I can rock with them 

But she’s talking about unjustified discrimination.  Prejudging someone for being blonde is indefensible.  She recognizes that and puts her self in check. She said it’s no different from prejudging black males off the action of a few.   it was a good article if one goes beyond the headline. 

Bull, she’s actually an ally (anti racism) for what you posted last week in the racist generalizations of white females. Don’t throw her under the bus man, read slower. 

52 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It would be great if folks read the article.

She didn't say her bias is an admirable virtue, she admitted it's something she works on to overcome.  And frankly, we all have biases, the struggle is to keep them in check so that we don't make discriminatory decisions based on them.  that was the essence of her article. 

good post.....it would be nice if context were taken into account as well...

... when all those other 'accused racists' have been shit canned…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

good post.....it would be nice if context were taken into account as well...

... when all those other 'accused racists' have been shit canned…

She's talking about how she doesn't allow her biases to be racist. This was an introspective narrative. Big difference.  She's not being called out on her words or actions by others after the fact. 

These other racists allow their vitriol to spew forward THEN they offer an apology.

We talk about the need to have an honest discussion and she's stepping forward with her perspective,    

So, how would an open discussion about biases and overcoming them look like to you?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

She's talking about how she doesn't allow her biases to be racist.  Big difference. <<Agree with this statement if true.    She's not being called out on her words or actions by others after the fact. <apparently she is here LOL

These other racists allow their vitriol to spew forward THEN they offer an apology.<holy prejudgment batman 🦇

We talk about the need to have an honest discussion and she's stepping forward with her perspective,  <and perspectives can be critiqued  

I think the point that she is taking critique for it, is exemplary of both sides..... being to quick to judge what is 'racist'...

Do you think that hurtful or hateful  words, even if spoken out of frustration or rage, is proof of racism ?  or a person being truly racist?

14 minutes ago, Troll said:

I think the point that she is taking critique for it, is exemplary of both sides..... being to quick to judge what is 'racist'...

Do you think that hurtful or hateful  words, even if spoken out of frustration or rage, is proof of racism ?  or a person being truly racist?

Why is she taking a critique on racism when she's condemning her own racist bias?  In this article, do you think she's condemning her thoughts or justifies them?  

When I say she's not being called out for her words or actions after the fact is that she was not caught stating she doesn't like blondes then having to offer an explanation and apology afterwards.  That is a big difference, that's why I call this an intrpospective narrative, shes creating dialogue on the subject and giving insight into her own biases.  

I believe that what is in the heart, people speak, regardless of frustration or rage.  (IMO frustration and rage [stressors] reveal true character)

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Why is she taking a critique on racism when she's condemning her own racist bias? <<because that's what sound bites do....ask Trump or Obama LOL In this article, do you think she's condemning her thoughts or justifies them?< awe heck, now I gotta read it? 🤔lol ,  based on your posts I believe you, and thought that was clear. .  

I believe that what is in the heart, people speak, regardless of frustration or rage.  <see below

People most often speak what is in the head not the heart....and the head is easily fooled (and can even be prompted to fart with frustration).   What is in the heart is ALOT harder to determine, and is more often, less spoken...

Unfortunate, but often the case. 

Judging people on a few choice words....can get VERY tricky...

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

People most often speak what is in the head not the heart....and the head is easily fooled (and can even be prompted to fart with frustration).   What is in the heart is ALOT harder to determine, and is more often, less spoken...

Unfortunate, but often the case. 

Judging people on a few choice words....can get VERY tricky...

It’s not tricky at all.  Words are not an autonomic response like breathing or our heart beat, it’s a conscious response of words and meaning stored in our memory bank and an active mental selection to choose a word to convey a meaning or solicit a response.  (In a rage this synaptic activity is very fast, no time to rationalize and ponder)  So when a person in the heat of the moment says “ni&&Er”. It is intentional as described above.  

When people say things then apologize afterwards, a lot of times it’s cognitive dissonance they are experiencing.  There is a discrepancy between what they said and what they believe about themselves to be true.  An apology, in their mind clears up this dissonance but it doesn’t reconcile it to the truth. 

This is purely my view.  But the reason why I value what people say is it’s a discipline issue.  I can’t correct or adjust what someone feels (frankly don’t care), but discipline is necessary in controlling words and knowing when to suppress those thoughts.  If one can’t, then I question their ability to not let it manifest into actions.  

Just my .02

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not tricky at all.  Words are not an autonomic response like breathing or our heart beat, it’s a conscious response of words and meaning stored in our memory bank and an active mental selection to choose a word to convey a meaning or solicit a response.  (In a rage this synaptic activity is very fast, no time to rationalize and ponder)  So when a person in the heat of the moment says “ni&&Er”. It is intentional as described above.  

When people say things then apologize afterwards, a lot of times it’s cognitive dissonance they are experiencing.  There is a discrepancy between what they said and what they believe about themselves to be true.  An apology, in their mind clears up this dissonance but it doesn’t reconcile it to the truth. 

bullshit...

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is purely my view.  But the reason why I value what people say is it’s a discipline issue.  I can’t correct or adjust what someone feels (frankly don’t care), but discipline is necessary in controlling words and knowing when to suppress those thoughts.  If one can’t, then I question their ability to not let it manifest into actions.  

Just my .02

Bang your thumb with a hammer and you will still scream FUCK ME....and guess what ?...

It cannot be determined that your were 'horny' ….

subconsciously or not...LOL

but the basic premise here that people need to understand filtering their speech for their intended audience as having merit, I agree with... 

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

Bang your thumb with a hammer and you will still scream FUCK ME....and guess what ?...

It cannot be determined that your were 'horny' ….

subconsciously or not...LOL

but the basic premise here that people need to understand filtering their speech for their intended audience as having merit, I agree with... 

No, b/c in our American lexicon “fuck me” as you used it,  is recognized as a general response to frustration and not a statement to carry out that act.

As a comparison, what a person can’t claim is they don’t cuss.  In this example they clearly do when they get angry. 

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No, b/c in our American lexicon “fuck me” as you used it,  is recognized as a general response to frustration and not a statement to carry out that act.

As a comparison, what a person can’t claim is they don’t cuss.  In this example they clearly do when they get angry. 

A decent comparison...but try applying your theory to the 'Pinkett standard' here....

At some point (past or present) blonde hair apparently DOES bother her, to the point where she actually verbalizes it (even if in analysis or apology mode).  So using your standard (which does not even allow for progression) she would therefore be as racist or guilty, as any who you accuse of the same...

I agree with you on context, as that to me is more telling than any individual words without it...

PS. And I doubt that you would care to be judged under your own standard, that would be suicidal.

19 minutes ago, Troll said:

A decent comparison...but try applying your theory to the 'Pinkett standard' here....

At some point (past or present) blonde hair apparently DOES bother her, to the point where she actually verbalizes it (even if in analysis or apology mode).  So using your standard (which does not even allow for progression) she would therefore be as racist or guilty, as any who you accuse of the same...

I agree with you on context, as that to me is more telling than any individual words without it...

She never says she verbalizes it. She said she thinks it but then catches herself and analyzes her thoughts. 

“I was going to do an interview with this blond woman and I thought twice about it. I was like, ‘I don’t know if I want to do that.’ That was my first instinct because of how she looked. And I was like, ‘Oh! That’s no different.”