Folsom-Central Game Thread

PrepGridiron

4 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

A few points here.

I don't agree with this, nor have I said this, although I have alluded to it somewhat. I don't think Folsom is "better" because of the "barely" wins against the named teams. But, I do think it is VERY interesting how Del Oro fared against two of those teams.

If anything- it makes for great discussion on where the two teams are at right now, which I believe you would agree. 

Good luck tonight. 

Not exactly. The teams you are referring to played DLS earlier in the season so not a good gauge on where DLS is at now. Also using scores as evidence is flawed as well since Folsom and DLS have completely different offensive strengths and different styles. Folsom's style will always put up more points than DLS. Honestly the only true gauge of where they are both at now would be a rematch. Short of that we really dont know where the 2 teams compare today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

So did Folsom. Your point is invalid.

What are you even talking about? You do realize their isn't a single common opponent between DLS and Folsom? You are using the outcome of games and using the daisy chain comparison. Using a daisy chain comparison is completely inaccurate and doesn't give any correlation as to where either team stands today. Short of an actual head to head rematch between the two, you need common opponents to make any type of argument. And even than the point of the season in which the common opponent games are played does make a difference as well. But in the case of DLS and Folsom we have none of this.

Lastly, the teams you are using for your daisy chain happened lastnight with Central and end of regular season with Del Oro, so your lame daisy chain comparison doesn't even come in to play for Folsom until late season vs. early season games with DLS.  The argument is irrelevant anyway since it's a stupid Daisy Chain comparison, so my point is valid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

It’s funny, I read @ThunderRam post in this thread. He is right Folsom’s D is good.  Would they be able to be in a non shootout with teams that have elite defenses, probably. But the Folsom backers suggest Folsom was the better team against DLS.

Thanks for the confirmation. I know I’m right about that.

Also, I’m right there with you regarding DLS bringing Folsom down to their pace. A high scoring game in that match up when both teams are hitting would be something like 28-21 or 35-28. Even if Folsom had scored on the controversial fumble and the WR misalignment — and still assuming DLS 3rd Q TDs — it’s 14-14 and probably ends 17-14 or 21-14 for the victor. 

Lastly, for the record, I recently stated that in a 7 game series I’d bet on DLS to win 4-2 or 4-3. Folsom is good enough to beat them. But they also have to play more of an error free game than DLS does to do so IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Correct. However, there is a small daisy chain of common opponents, indicating my points as being valid.

We will see just how valid they are tonight.

Regardless- Still #1 public in CA. 

I guess we will agree to disagree on the validity of a daisy chain comparison. I stand by the idea that it has zero accuracy when comparing two teams and should not be used, especially within that daisy chain is a team that was able to score more points on DLS than Folsom could. IMO using that comparison actually weakens your argument in favor of Folsom. If anything that is just more proof of how inaccurate these comparisons are. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nascar624 said:

I guess we will agree to disagree on the validity of a daisy chain comparison. I stand by the idea that it has zero accuracy when comparing two teams and should not be used, especially within that daisy chain is a team that was able to score more points on DLS than Folsom could. IMO using that comparison actually weakens your argument in favor of Folsom. If anything that is just more proof of how inaccurate these comparisons are. 

I don't think an accurate comparison of both teams right now is a week 0 game on the road that was all but a stalemate, no matter which way you lean. 

Cool article from the Fresno Bee about last nights game.

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article222768595.html 

“We needed those plays to go our way and in the second half we couldn’t stop them,” Grizzlies coach Kyle Biggs said. “They’re just a tough team. They are on a whole different level.”

Another in the Sac Bee.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/article222854015.html

In Fresno, Folsom blasted past a 13-0 Central team 84-46 in the CIF Northern California Division I-AA championship. It resembled a basketball score but was actually the greatest display of skill players at work in regional history at a stunning record clip. The point total was the most in CIF Regional play.

Folsom now seeks a state championship repeat and the program’s fourth CIF banner this decade. While it is true that quarterback Kaiden Bennett and terrifically talented brothers Daniyel and Joe Ngata grew up in Reno before arriving at Folsom before their freshman seasons, the core of the Bulldogs are products of the youth feeder programs. Bennett accounted for nine touchdowns against Central.

It’s added up to a perfect storm of fast-forward football, or what Folsom coach Kris Richardson likes to call “the blue and red avalanche.”

Said Central coach Kyle Biggs of Folsom, “They are on a whole different level.”

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, TheHotisBlock said:

I don't think an accurate comparison of both teams right now is a week 0 game on the road that was all but a stalemate, no matter which way you lean. 

I never said the week 0 game had anything to do with now. Maybe you have me confused with someone else; however I did argue that a daisy chain comparison is not an accurate gauge to compare the 2 teams. 

I have said on multiple occasions that a late season rematch between Folsom and DLS would have been very intriguing and I would not even attempt to try and make a prediction on the outcome since there both teams are not the same week 0 teams and that match up was too close to definitively say one was better than the other

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@SJR 04 In your opinion, what % of these ballers will attend the Sig6? Thx. 

Everyone that can play and most importantly stick at chosen school. Many times kids wash out of the privates. Most of the kids that travel to play for BCL do that with intent to gain the exposure needed to put themselves on the map with sig six coaches. 

• Thanks 1