8A Mandarin 37 Columbus 35 final (play by play text only and stats)

golfaddict1

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2018-19/state/8a/xsummary.htm

8 pm est start. 

Hopefully this one is on facebook and hopefully the Cali game will be too!   I'll share the stats at half and end of game.  

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1967857886644424&id=100002606948206

Here's one i found but more may pop up as game progresses

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I bought this one.

You guys havent said much about Mandarin all year, im guessing that has to do with the 4 losses.... But their QB & WRs are in sync... They look good.

I had them ranked a few times in my state poll but they weren't consistent during the season, they didn't strike me as a serious threat until they blasted Winter Park in second round 

Regardless they look good so far this game 

If mandarin holds on this will be the breakdown of champions 

2 From big bend region (Tallahassee area with 1a Madison County and 2a NFC)

2 from duval (raines 4a and mandarin 8a)

1 from Polk  (Lakeland 7a)

2 from broward (CG 5a and chaminade 3a) 

1 from miami Dade (MNW  6a)

So 4 north Florida 

1 central Florida 

3 South Florida 

Guess north Florida isn't compete garbage after all aye? 

• Haha 1

I felt strongly Mandarin was going to win the large class title when they beat Wekiva in the North semifinal. In the 8 games immediately prior to Mandarin, Wekiva had not given up more than 125 yards of offense to any of the teams they played, and had only surrendered one offensive touchdown. Against Mandarin, they gave up around 230, of which passing yards accounted for over 200 of the total. Say what you will about Wekiva's offense, but their defense was the real deal (probably the best I saw in Florida live or on film). Carson Beck is the real deal and he had the supporting cast of receivers to complement his skills. And while I have seen better defenses live (Wekiva and probably Lakeland and Northwestern), their defense is not bad, just not elite. 

To be honest, and I fully realize mine is a minority opinion, if I had to choose between Mandarin and Lakeland, I would pick Mandarin, as currently playing to win. They are not as physical as Lakeland, but I see them as being a more complete team. Similar to Apopka 2014, most will view them as a team that was lucky to win a state title. From my perspective, all their losses during the regular season were to very good teams and like Apopka in 2014, they peaked at the right time. 

• Like 2