5A Zachary 27 vs West Monroe 24 Final

Reb72

1 hour ago, Reb72 said:

maybe a little too good...

wmzachblock12-08-18.jpg

Arledge said a missed block in the back penalty on Zachary’s late touchdown was the critical play of the game.

“If you saw the replay, I hope you saw what I’m talking about because there was a penalty that was not called where we got tackled in the secondary just before the back got there,” Arledge said. “They’re not going to see it all the time, but that was the critical play to me.”

Brewerton said he didn’t see any penalty on the play.

“I haven’t looked at the film yet, but there wasn’t a whole bunch of penalties tonight,” Brewerton said. “There was probably a lot of things that could have been called tonight. I think that referee crew kind of decided to let things go a little bit, which I like to see with two physical teams playing.”

--- From the Newsstar

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Arledge said a missed block in the back penalty on Zachary’s late touchdown was the critical play of the game.

“If you saw the replay, I hope you saw what I’m talking about because there was a penalty that was not called where we got tackled in the secondary just before the back got there,” Arledge said. “They’re not going to see it all the time, but that was the critical play to me.”

Brewerton said he didn’t see any penalty on the play.

“I haven’t looked at the film yet, but there wasn’t a whole bunch of penalties tonight,” Brewerton said. “There was probably a lot of things that could have been called tonight. I think that referee crew kind of decided to let things go a little bit, which I like to see with two physical teams playing.”

--- From the Newsstar

I wouldn't go as far as saying "it was the critical play of the game"...  just that it looked like a missed call, and there were several. 

If the Rebs had played the 1st quarter like they did the other 3 things might have been different...  but they didn't.  Props to Zachary, they came to win.  Brown took a pounding after the 1st quarter and was still able to make the plays when needed, he's a special kind of athlete.  He's back next year, as is Kahmann...  who knows, could be the Broncos and the Rebs again  😉

• Like 1