DeMatha HC to Maryland

4 minutes ago, DMV said:

With Wise's Hazel flipping to MD from WVU... Could DM's Hellams and Cross flip ? I am betting they do ... With Cory Robinson also on board I will also bet a few SFA kids to flip 

Thoughts?

My thoughts is Maryland college football should be a powerhouse. There is no excuse with the amount of talent that is in the area. It might be because the D.C./Maryland area is a less than ideal place to be raised so the kids must be eager to leave. 

Why else can't Maryland build a wall around the DMV area and be elite in football? They should have the pick of the litter at SJC, Dematha,SFA etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, DMV said:

So Coach Brooks is headed to Maryland to coach with Locksley ... Who will take his place?  Josh Wilson ? @BigDrop

If they select someone on the staff Wilson is the obvious choice but rumors are Bill McGregor may return. Also hearing Ian Thomas (former DeMatha and Illinois lb who has had some success at Pallotti) is in the mix.

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My thoughts is Maryland college football should be a powerhouse. There is no excuse with the amount of talent that is in the area. It might be because the D.C./Maryland area is a less than ideal place to be raised so the kids must be eager to leave. 

Why else can't Maryland build a wall around the DMV area and be elite in football? They should have the pick of the litter at SJC, Dematha,SFA etc. 

The pick of the litter at those schools can go to Alabama, Ohio St, Penn St, Clemson, or any school they want. Maryland has not been on the same level with any of those schools in football for a long time. Kids want to win...Maryland has to prove they can. If anybody can keep the local studs at home it's Locksley...should be interesting.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

The pick of the litter at those schools can go to Alabama, Ohio St, Penn St, Clemson, or any school they want. Maryland has not been on the same level with any of those schools in football for a long time. Kids want to win...Maryland has to prove they can. If anybody can keep the local studs at home it's Locksley...should be interesting.

Sounds like a catch 22. 

Studs want to win , but can win without studs. Lol. 

Thats why I think Maryland hired these guys. Strong ties to the area so they can sell potential to the local recruits. That they don't have the leave home to find success. 

These are great hires by Maryland 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

What?

Image result for clown

D.C. Is a very crime ridden and corrupt place. Just like Baltimore. Sure there are nice areas in DC but only the tourists spots. The day to day living for some recrutiable football players is less than ideal. 

Same with Chicago. There are great areas but overall it's not a great city to be raised in. Especially for recruitable ball players. 

Its actually like that in most major cities. I'm not trying to single them out 

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

D.C. Is a very crime ridden and corrupt place. Just like Baltimore. Sure there are nice areas in DC but only the tourists spots. The day to day living for some recrutiable football players is less than ideal. 

Most of DC is "nice" by almost any standard. You're just a dope who spouts Drudge Report cliches and talking points.

Look up Prince Georges County, Maryland. That's where DeMatha and the University of Maryland are located.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Same with Chicago. There are great areas but overall it's not a great city to be raised in. 

The truth is the inverse of what you just said.

Overall, Chicago is a great city with one or two especially bad neighborhoods.

Same as Baltimore. It's one of Americas great historical cities. I would encourage anybody to visit the Inner Harbor or Federal Hill. I've walked all of it. I've actually walked it at night.

Don't listen to this cliche nonsense from some cornball who gets his crime data from Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Just because some cracker white clown like yourself enjoyed the tourist attractions away from the inner city, you feel that everyone who lives there day to day feels the same way. 

Now you just have to lie after your idiocy was exposed, yet again.

I never said everyone who lives there feels the same way. You completely made that up.

I said that most of America's biggest cities are great places and that they have a few especially bad neighborhoods.

There are no "tourist attractions" in Prince Georges County, Maryland.

Your cliches sound exactly like the "cracker" who only gets his news from Fox and has never actually been to these places.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I live near those three areas in Maryland. There a lot of beautiful areas of the state. The Bay, Deep creek, Annapolis, etc. 

Balt, PG highly dangerous and very run down. We don’t go there unless absolutely have to. DC the capital area is fine by SE & NE same thing no way for me.

By the way National Harbor is in PG that is about it for PG even college park is sketchy at best

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is Canes 100 percent if he actually went to Baltimore 

Wow this just went full circle. The actor in this scene from Menace II Society is from DC and went to DeMatha. Great scene, but he was much better in the TV show Martin. 

To answer your question, no, kids don’t leave because of the area. The DC suburbs hold 5 of the Top 10 richest counties in the country. Go ahead and look it up. PG County has a few rough parts, but there are some very wealthy neighborhoods scattered throughout. Anyone who thinks PG County, as a whole, is dangerous is lazy or racist. It’s the wealthiest majority African American county in the country. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/08/18/the-heart-of-black-affluence-in-prince-georges.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

To answer your question, no, kids don’t leave because of the area. The DC suburbs hold 5 of the Top 10 richest counties in the country. Go ahead and look it up. PG County has a few rough parts, but there are some very wealthy neighborhoods scattered throughout. Anyone who thinks PG County, as a whole, is dangerous is lazy or racist. It’s the wealthiest majority African American county in the country. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/08/18/the-heart-of-black-affluence-in-prince-georges.html

Nolebull is an idiot.

That's all there is to it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

I am hearing the DC will get the job.

That was the plan for a few years down the road. Now, he obviously is one of the leaders for the job, but I’m sure they will conduct a search as best practice. 

He fits all of the criteria. DM alum, college degree and has shown a great dedication to the school. Playing in the NFL for 8 years helps too. 

10 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Wow this just went full circle. The actor in this scene from Menace II Society is from DC and went to DeMatha. Great scene, but he was much better in the TV show Martin. 

Do the majority of the top recruits in DC that play for Dematha, SJC, and SFA etc all live and come from those 5 wealthiest counties?

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Do the majority of the top recruits in DC that play for Dematha, SJC, and SFA etc all live and come from those 5 wealthiest counties?

I’m confused. Your point was the recruits leave because the DC area is less than ideal to be raised in. It’s not. It’s actually great. Opportunity alone, I can’t think of a better city outside NYC. Now you want to know actual neighborhoods where players live? I’m sure you could play that game with every major city in the country. Where do the best players from Miami live? Houston? Detroit? 

3 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

I live near those three areas in Maryland. There a lot of beautiful areas of the state. The Bay, Deep creek, Annapolis, etc. 

Balt, PG highly dangerous and very run down. We don’t go there unless absolutely have to. DC the capital area is fine by SE & NE same thing no way for me.

By the way National Harbor is in PG that is about it for PG even college park is sketchy at best

By and large PG is no MoCo, let’s put it that way.

NW DC is great, and in my experience most of NE is good, too (parts like Capitol Hill and Near Northeast/H Street are very nice, Trinidad not so much from what I remember).  SW was a mystery and I think apart from the Metro stop and one meeting there during an internship I never set foot there.  The big shocker was seeing how much Nationals Park served as an anchor in revitalizing SE DC.  By the end of my 10 years there I had friends renting in SE which was absolutely unheard of when I first moved there.