The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

1 hour ago, StingMan44 said:

I’m not knocking any of those teams. Just don’t tout a poll as no nonsense and then rank teams nonsensically!!!!

My poll is fluid. It’ll probably change again before it’s finalized. Have you ever put out a poll? Based on your critique of mine, I doubt that you have. Sometimes I might take another look at a team and feel I rated them too high or low the previous week. 

Cen10 May jump all three after this weekend. Have patience young grasshopper. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

My poll is fluid. It’ll probably change again before it’s finalized. Have you ever put out a poll? Based on your critique of mine, I doubt that you have. Sometimes I might take another look at a team and feel I rated them too high or low the previous week. 

No I haven’t. As somewhat of a perfectionist,  I don’t feel I have the time to be knowledgeable on football in that many states and therefore make a poll that would be up to my high standards. I can tell you that if I ever did, I wouldnt have teams swap rankings based on nothing (no games for those teams or their opponents).

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

With all due respect if you're not willing to put in the leg work to create a proper poll (which isn't even the correct word for what this is as a poll by nature is a collection of multiple opinions, not one person's thoughts) then what's the point? How many Centennial games have you watched (full games, not highlights)? How many Chandler games have you watched (once again, full games)? If you're not watching every team you rank (and every team you consider for ranking) a bare minimum of 4-5 times, then you're doing nothing more than guessing at best and at worst are flirting with plagiarizing the work of others (Calpreps, USA Today, etc).

If you're going to take the time to do something make sure you make every effort to do it right. That's not achieved by relying heavily on other people's work or making judgment calls based on perception.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

plagiarizing the work of others 

Whoa! Easy with that statement. 

However, you are correct about me not watching entire games. I’m guilty of watching highlights and clips. I will watch an entire game of some of my higher ranked teams, along with, occasionally watching a middle-tier team. This isn’t a full time job so, of course, I can’t watch EVERY team. This an opinion poll from a single person. Take it with a grain of salt. 

For people that bash polls, though, they need to put out their own for me to take their critiques seriously. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

With all due respect if you're not willing to put in the leg work to create a proper poll (which isn't even the correct word for what this is as a poll by nature is a collection of multiple opinions, not one person's thoughts) then what's the point? How many Centennial games have you watched (full games, not highlights)? How many Chandler games have you watched (once again, full games)? If you're not watching every team you rank (and every team you consider for ranking) a bare minimum of 4-5 times, then you're doing nothing more than guessing at best and at worst are flirting with plagiarizing the work of others (Calpreps, USA Today, etc).

If you're going to take the time to do something make sure you make every effort to do it right. That's not achieved by relying heavily on other people's work or making judgment calls based on perception.

Yea because all those other pollsters watch all the games.💩

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Whoa! Easy with that statement. 

However, you are correct about me not watching entire games. I’m guilty of watching highlights and clips. I will watch an entire game of some of my higher ranked teams, along with, occasionally watching a middle-tier team. This isn’t a full time job so, of course, I can’t watch EVERY team. This an opinion poll from a single person. Take it with a grain of salt. 

For people that bash polls, though, they need to put out their own for me to take their critiques seriously. 

Do you understand how much of a ninny that makes you? You're rejecting the opinions of others not because of any earned knowledge another might have, but because others approach this from a more humble perspective and would rather refrain from sharing less than educated opinions.

All you're doing is regurgitating what others have shared with subtle edits that still keep the original message 95% in tact.  How does that entitle you dismiss the opinions of others, especially when your research is lacking?

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Do you understand how much of a ninny that makes you? You're rejecting the opinions of others not because of any earned knowledge another might have, but because others approach this from a more humble perspective and would rather refrain from sharing less than educated opinions.

So, am I to understand that going back and reviewing a few more clips of some different teams to, perhaps, come up with a different opinion, is foolish? 

I value a lot of people’s opinions, especially yours when it comes to Arizona. I have to say, though, that I am beginning to have doubts about your judgement now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

So, am I to understand that going back and reviewing a few more clips of some different teams to, perhaps, come up with a different opinion, is foolish? 

I value a lot of people’s opinions, especially yours when it comes to Arizona. I have to say, though, that I am beginning to have doubts about your judgement now. 

No, it's foolish to dismiss the opinions of others based on nothing more than the fact that they decide not to create their own national rankings.  It also makes me question the motivation behind creating rankings like this-are you interested in actually discussing the methodology and rationale behind your opinions, or are you looking to have others validate those opinions? It's hard to believe it's the former when dissenting opinions are shouted down for shallow, petty reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

No, it's foolish to dismiss the opinions of others based on nothing more than the fact that they decide not to create their own national rankings.  It also makes me question the motivation behind creating rankings like this-are you interested in actually discussing the methodology and rationale behind your opinions, or are you looking to have others validate those opinions? It's hard to believe it's the former when dissenting opinions are shouted down for shallow, petty reasons.

Okay, you got me. I’m such an egomaniac that I completely disregard any and all opinions that don’t agree with me, especially the one’s that come from individuals that reside (or grew up in) a state that I have never been to. 🤣

Of course, I am being facetious. Your write ups about Arizona teams have swayed my poll many times. 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, Omaha Vol said:

Okay, you got me. I’m such an egomaniac that I completely disregard any and all opinions that don’t agree with me, especially the one’s that come from individuals that reside (or grew up in) a state that I have never been to. 🤣

Of course, I am being facetious. Your write ups about Arizona teams have swayed my poll many times. 

Bwhahahahahahaha

04D3A75A-9A4F-4638-B000-CB21137D1212.png

On 12/19/2018 at 9:23 AM, Wooderson said:

Your “opinions” will need to improve quite a bit.  Until then you are on “ Opinion Probation”

On 12/18/2018 at 2:14 AM, Omaha Vol said:

1. Santa Ana,CA Mater Dei

2. Bellflower,CA St. John Bosco

3. Bradenton,FL IMG

4. Houston,TX N. Shore

5. Duncanville,TX

6. Concord,CA De LaSalle

7. Baltimore,MD St. Frances

8. Irmo,SC Dutch Fork

9. Lakeland,FL

10. Allen,TX

11. Washington,DC St. John's

12. Philadelphia,PA St. Joseph's

13. Corona,CA Centennial

14. Indianapolis,IN Warren Central

15. Miami,FL Central

15. Miami,FL Carol City

17. Honolulu,HI St. Louis

18. Longview,TX

19. Ft. Lauderdale,FL Aquinas

20. River Ridge,LA Curtis

21. Baton Rouge,LA University Lab

22. Akron,OH Hoban

23. Folsom,CA

24. Broken Arrow,OK

25. Phenix City,AL Central

26. Chandler,AZ

27. St. Louis,MO Christian Bros.

28. Leesburg,GA Lee Co.

29. Lakewood,OH St. Edward

30. Horn Lake,MS

31. Katy,TX

32. Montvale,NJ St. Joseph

33. Milton,GA

34. Moultrie,GA Colquitt Co.

35. Peoria,AZ Centennial

36. New Orleans,LA Karr

37. Westlake Village,CA Oaks Chr.

38. San Juan Capistrano,CA JSerra

39. Cincinnati,OH Colerain

40. Murfreesboro,TN Oakland

41. Washington,DC Gonzaga

42. Hyattsville,MD DeMatha

43. Las Vegas,NV Gorman

44. Dallas,TX Highland Park

45. Draper,UT Corner Canyon

46. San Diego,CA Cathedral

47. Oradell,NJ Bergen Catholic

48. Mission Viejo,CA

49. Mentor,OH

50. Southlake,TX Carroll

Just missed:

Aledo,TX

Jenks,OK

Clinton Township,MI Chippewa Valley

Zachary,LA

W. Monroe,LA

Ft. Lauderdale,FL Gibbons

Jacksonville,FL Mandarin

Lawrenceville,GA Archer

Wake Forest,NC

Anderson,SC Hanna

Great job OV!

think you put out a great poll — I think you use a great combination of a) using CP or something similar as a base for the facts/ initial placement, b) making appropriate adjustments for knowing backstories of results, and c) are enough of a tape junky to opine on most of the the teams that are top 50 contenders 

i like Lakeland in top 10 — not sure if they’ll be in many and didn’t have sos to get there in algorithms  ut they didn’t lose and had a credible win for that placement 

I’d have Folsom over CC but could buy your way

id have CQ as the #1 team in GA in a national poll (although you’d have to put them behind Milton and maybe lee in state poll) but get and don’t argue you’re recognizing championships 

41 minutes ago, Pops said:

Great job OV!

think you put out a great poll — I think you use a great combination of a) using CP or something similar as a base for the facts/ initial placement, b) making appropriate adjustments for knowing backstories of results, and c) are enough of a tape junky to opine on most of the the teams that are top 50 contenders 

Thanks. That’s all I can do. It’s hard to go to some of these games since I live in Nebraska. I try to watch as many recorded or streamed games as I can, but I work too much. Lol

35 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

You know me and I know you

i think you are selling OH a bit low but other than good job 😀

I have both Hoban and St. Ed in the top 30, with Colerain not too far behind. You feel all three should be higher, or maybe just St. Ed higher? 

I'm compiling my final top 100 (with regional rankings as well) as we speak. Ohio will be well represented. 

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I have both Hoban and St. Ed in the top 30, with Colerain not too far behind. You feel all three should be higher, or maybe just St. Ed higher? 

I'm compiling my final top 100 (with regional rankings as well) as we speak. Ohio will be well represented. 

All 3 should be higher in your poll

AH is a top 10-15 team 

the rest is your poll 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:14 AM, Omaha Vol said:

1. Santa Ana,CA Mater Dei

2. Bellflower,CA St. John Bosco

3. Bradenton,FL IMG

4. Houston,TX N. Shore

5. Duncanville,TX

6. Concord,CA De LaSalle

7. Baltimore,MD St. Frances

8. Irmo,SC Dutch Fork

9. Lakeland,FL

10. Allen,TX

11. Washington,DC St. John's

12. Philadelphia,PA St. Joseph's

13. Corona,CA Centennial

14. Indianapolis,IN Warren Central

15. Miami,FL Central

15. Miami,FL Carol City

17. Honolulu,HI St. Louis

18. Longview,TX

19. Ft. Lauderdale,FL Aquinas

20. River Ridge,LA Curtis

21. Baton Rouge,LA University Lab

22. Akron,OH Hoban

23. Folsom,CA

24. Broken Arrow,OK

25. Phenix City,AL Central

26. Chandler,AZ

27. St. Louis,MO Christian Bros.

28. Leesburg,GA Lee Co.

29. Lakewood,OH St. Edward

30. Horn Lake,MS

31. Katy,TX

32. Montvale,NJ St. Joseph

33. Milton,GA

34. Moultrie,GA Colquitt Co.

35. Peoria,AZ Centennial

36. New Orleans,LA Karr

37. Westlake Village,CA Oaks Chr.

38. San Juan Capistrano,CA JSerra

39. Cincinnati,OH Colerain

40. Murfreesboro,TN Oakland

41. Washington,DC Gonzaga

42. Hyattsville,MD DeMatha

43. Las Vegas,NV Gorman

44. Dallas,TX Highland Park

45. Draper,UT Corner Canyon

46. San Diego,CA Cathedral

47. Oradell,NJ Bergen Catholic

48. Mission Viejo,CA

49. Mentor,OH

50. Southlake,TX Carroll

Just missed:

Aledo,TX

Jenks,OK

Clinton Township,MI Chippewa Valley

Zachary,LA

W. Monroe,LA

Ft. Lauderdale,FL Gibbons

Jacksonville,FL Mandarin

Lawrenceville,GA Archer

Wake Forest,NC

Anderson,SC Hanna

Looks like you put a lot of time and effort in compiling this list.  Thanks for making it.

The only suggestion that I may make, if you don't mind, is to include a team from Michigan and/or Illinois, as they have big populations and teams that could compete with some of the ones on your list.

3 hours ago, ohio said:

Looks like you put a lot of time and effort in compiling this list.  Thanks for making it.

The only suggestion that I may make, if you don't mind, is to include a team from Michigan and/or Illinois, as they have big populations and teams that could compete with some of the ones on your list.

Well, I did have Chippewa Valley (MI) at #53. I am compiling an end of the year top 100 this week. There will definitely be two (maybe 3) IL teams and 1 more MI team.