Former SJB player and current Cal Bear Bryce Turner passes away

Bormio

A lot of African Americans carry the sickle cell trait many of it contributed to slavery. Many don't know they have it.  The Military checks each A.A. recruit for it.  Not saying he has sickle cell but that has been the cause of a lot of these incidents.  Those with it in the NFL can't even play games in Denver.   I know several people with it. And if two AA's have the trait their kid will have the disease.  Again not saying he had it bit another kid in Cali a frw years did the same thing and it was suckle cell.  If you get heated with that disease it can be fatal.

May Elaha grant Salaam upon his family.  

2 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

Google it, a lot of African Slave Traders caputure their own and sold their own kind. Slavery is such a  sad and tragic story participated by all.

I am talking about the Disease Sickle Cell traced back to slavery.  Not the act of slavery itself.  I guess that went over your head.  

Sickle Cell is a deadly disease that African Americans to this day have to deal with.  That's tragic and it is not shared by all.  I damn sure wish it was.   Not saying this is the cause of this young man's death but others have died in Cali with the Disease because they were unaware of the disease.  It was passed to us genetically from Slavery.  (FACT)

Sport participation in adolescents with sickle cell disease. ... Sports and exercise in sickle cell anemia and sickle cell trait need special consideration. Young athletes with sickle cell disease are at high risk of dehydration, heat-related injury, exhaustion, painful episodes, and hip joint problems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am talking about the Disease Sickle Cell traced back to slavery.  Not the act of slavery itself.  I guess that went over your head.  

Sickle Cell is a deadly disease that African Americans to this day have to deal with.  Thats tragic and it is not shared by all.  I damn sure wish it was.  

Smh.  This dude thinks you’re talking about slavery.  Unbelievable.  

@Horsefly maybe pictures will help 😎

Sickle Cell Trait

African-Americans (among whom 1 in 12 carries a sickle cell gene)

Athletic Trainers tend to an injured football player.

The NCAA requires mandatory confirmation of sickle cell trait status in Division III student athletes. Sickle cell trait is an inherited blood disorder that occurs when a person only carries one gene that causes abnormal hemoglobin, as opposed to the two genes involved in patients with sickle cell disease. Those with sickle cell trait normally do not experience adverse events, but can experience severe reactions, including sudden death, when severely dehydrated or during intense physical activity. 

• Like 1

Sickle cell has nothing to do with slavery. People who have a single copy of the sickle cell gene are more resistant to malaria, a disease prevalent in Africa. This is why the sickle cell gene is more prevalent in people of African decent. If a person has two copies of the gene they obviously get the disease sickle cell anemia, but those with a single copy of the gene have greater resistance to malaria without the traits of the disease. 

Okay class is dismissed now students. Back to the game!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bormio said:

There are many more numerous causes of sudden death in young people (including AA) than anything to do with sickle cell.

I didn't say that's  why he died.  It is a hidden disease in many AA.  Slaves with sickle cell was brought over on slave ships and then slaves kept in an environment that essentially today 1 in 12 of us have the trait.  These rubes think I'm saying it's because of slavery.  Slavery helped it mutate among the people because of the conditions.  Hell Asians and others have the traits as well and other areas.  I have relatives with it.  I don't know why this kid died.  Who the hell they think the slave with it was prominent among?  Those same slaves brought Malaria to South America.  So tell me how it's not a legacy of slavery among AAs.   

It's hard to educate most.  Like I said a Legacy of not the cause of.  It killed whites here in the U.S.

Specifically, Africans' resistance to malaria increased the profitability of employing African slave labor, especially that of slaves coming from the most malaria-ridden parts of Africa.  first document that African slavery was largely concentrated in the malaria-infested areas of the United States.

Malaria was even important in the destruction of slavery. The only nation which fought a civil war to end the institution was the United States, and to win the Union (North) needed to cross the malaria border and conquer the Confederacy. Since there is little to no malaria north of the Mason-Dixon Line many of the European lineage soldiers had no immunities to the disease. The result was as expected--there were more than 350,000 cases of malaria in the U.S. Army during the war. The estimates on death caused by the mosquito born virus hover around 70,000 (ten times the combined death toll of Gettysburg). Such heavy losses significantly slowed down the Union military machine and surely assisted the Confederacy's war effort. In the long run this was good for the enslaved; the longer the war lasted the more the destruction of slavery was recognized as a necessity. 
            While malaria did not predestine the existence of Africa slavery in the Americas, nor its brutal nature, the virus was essential in the success of African over European workers in the New World. Thanks to this huge sea change in labor, malaria can be ranked as one of the most important diseases in the history of the human race.

http://cadmus.eui.eu/handle/1814/36118

My Mike just hit the deck.  You wanted Slaves with the damn disease

The resistance of Sub-Saharan Africans to diseases that were plaguing the southern United States contributed to the establishment of African slavery in those regions. Specifically, Africans' resistance to malaria increased the profitability of employing African slave labor, especially that of slaves coming from the most malaria-ridden parts of Africa. In this paper, I first document that African slavery was largely concentrated in the malaria-infested areas of the United States. Moreover, I show that the introduction of a virulent strain of malaria into US colonies greatly increased the share of African slaves, but only in states where malaria could thrive. Finally, by looking at the historical prices of African slaves, I show that enslaved individuals born in the most malaria-ridden African regions commanded higher prices.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, DevilDog said:

Unfreaking Believable and then instructed me to google it.  Just Damn.   

Your lastest numerous spin / damage / save face posts would suggest you did follow my advice. You did your due diligence and educated yourself that African slave traders captured and sold their own and contributed  SCD slavery. My work is done here. PS, how was it as you claim that it was recorded that "individuals born in the most malaria-ridden Africian regions commanded higher price ? ?" Your words.