What sorta gripes me about this shut down...

RedZone

I don't know if these gov people are reds or blues and honestly don't care, BUT why don't you have some damn food? 

Hard Times "shut down" done tapped a lot of these people out. Barely a month. Can't cover the the house note, car note, buy meds and etc....stressing out, hungry!!

They obviously know nothing about  the RedZone 1/2 Economic Plan...

If you can afford a $500,000 home, buy a $250,000 home.....just as damn nice.

If you can afford a $50,000 pick-up buy a $25,000 pick-up...just as damn nice.

If you can afford to spend $130 on Nikes for the entire family...cut that in half and spend $65.....just as damn nice and they still say "Nike".

Use the savings (RedZone 1/2 plan), buy you a damn freezer and buy some FOOD, at least. Put the rest in the bank!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RedZone said:

I don't know if these gov people are reds or blues and honestly don't care, BUT why don't you have some damn food? 

Hard Times "shut down" done tapped a lot of these people out. Barely a month. Can't cover the the house note, car note, buy meds and etc....stressing out, hungry!!

If you can afford to spend $130 on Nikes for the entire family...cut that in half and spend $65.....just as damn nice and they still say "Nike".

Use the savings (RedZone 1/2 plan), buy you a damn freezer and buy some FOOD, at least. Put the rest in the bank!

If ur using 2 ply toilet paper use one side then when ur done flip over and use the other side lol

aint no $50K pickup as nice as a 25k truck 

ur buggin 

21 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yeah but a lot of those gov workers aren’t high end earners.

~$36K/year for a lot of positions is very common. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah but a lot of those gov workers aren’t high end earners.

~$36K/year for a lot of positions is very common. 

True dat..

That's over twice as much as people on minimum wage make though. It's my observation that a lot of these Gov people live like they make 100K/year. 

It's that entire class culture thing. They suck you into it leaving you no choice really unless you are just strong.

20 minutes ago, RedZone said:

True dat..

That's over twice as much as people on minimum wage make though. It's my observation that a lot of these Gov people live like they make 100K/year. 

It's that entire class culture thing. They suck you into it leaving you no choice really unless you are just strong.

Lmao u just said  a state workers live like they make 100k a year , lol no they don’t ... ur just stupid and also u think 100 k a year is luxury 

lmao not that hard  I’m on pace hopefully   , all you gotta do is average less than 2 K a week and u make that 

u should have goals for atleast 250 K 

Credit Card companies are the worst and biggest offender.....man, they will suck you in and by the time you wake up you are credit card broke........I know people that brag about how many credit cards they have and how each one is the perfect card and blah, blah, blah..

I'm thinking you make good money why you need all these damn credit cards. It's all bullshit.

22 hours ago, RedZone said:

Even without the Government shutdown this is sound advice that too many people don’t follow.  

Two things my father taught me about money - 1. Never buy anything on credit that you can’t pay for in full if you need to, and 2. Just because you can pay for something doesn’t mean you can “afford” it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Even without the Government shutdown this is sound advice that too many people don’t follow.  

Two things my father taught me about money - 1. Never buy anything you can’t pay for in full if you need to, and 2. Just because you can pay for something doesn’t mean you can “afford” it.

Exactly. "Common Sense Economics"...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

True dat..

It's the whole $30k millionaire culture. I still live in the same house I bought 25 years ago for under a $100k then. I don't plan on leaving as there is no mortgage on it. When I buy a vehicle, it's always two years old, etc., etc., ... That's how I managed to save my money and "retire" at 62. 

I like nice things. But only if and when I can afford them. Most Americans in the storied middle class are living at least one level above their economic status. For they have been conned by a system that preaches endless consumption as the key to happiness. One look at some of the assorted crazies on this board, and it's obvious that it does not lead to happiness!

But then again a little thought could have told them that to begin with. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, RedZone said:

True dat..

True....