Coast Guard chief: 'Unacceptable' that service members must rely on food pantries, donations amid shutdown

RedZone

43 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Then his service members should've attended and graduated college and got jobs in the private sector rather than being dependent on feeding off the huge nipple of the federal govt. 

You really should keep your dumb ass out of "real life" threads and focus more on handing out $50 gift cards to the kids on the footbal side if they can guess one of your stupid OOS high school football games like you did the other day....

Is there anything you won't do or try to be relevant?

Fucking piece of nj work!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Then his service members should've attended and graduated college and got jobs in the private sector rather than being dependent on feeding off the huge nipple of the federal govt. 

..WTF is wrong with you?...everyone who works in a Federal job is feeding off of all you hard working Republicans?...no college graduates work for the FBI...Secret Service...and every other Federal agency?...are you jealous that these people are more relevant to our society than you are?...is that where your hate comes from?...or maybe you're jealous of their benefits or pensions?...either way you sound like a cry baby who's crying for no reason....

...these people are your fellow Americans...not the enemy...and guess what....some are even Trumpers like you!...🤡

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Dont generalize. Lots of college grads in the military. Retirement benefits etc a lot better in the military. 

• Like 2

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

You proved my point. Those that choose professions for its retirement benefits are dead wrong in doing so. They know the possible ramifications of working for the government. STFU, do your job and deal with it! 

Well they are doing their jobs. And remember this is one chiefs opinion. You know how many chiefs there are. 

Millions of people though do choose a job for their retirement benefits...for example cops and firefighters 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I feel the same way about physicians. Don't bitch about making less money and lower reimbursements when you knew full well that you're at the mercy of the Medicare fee schedules. Employees in the private sector can save much more money than any public servant. It's called a 401k plan. 

I do agree with you but just saying there are millions of people who picked a job to serve and for the retirement plans. 20 and out is not something you find in the private sector too often.  Having your spouse have free medical benefits on you is something you wont find in the private sector. Just pointing out both sides that's all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I do agree with you but just saying there are millions of people who picked a job to serve and for the retirement plans. 20 and out is not something you find in the private sector too often.  Having your spouse have free medical benefits on you is something you wont find in the private sector. Just pointing out both sides that's all. 

you go HSFB!...wow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Well they are doing their jobs. And remember this is one chiefs opinion. You know how many chiefs there are. 

Millions of people though do choose a job for their retirement benefits...for example cops and firefighters 

This guy is the commandant of the Coast Guard, he's an Admiral.  He's speaking for the entire Coast Guard which he heads.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

This guy is the commandant of the Coast Guard, he's an Admiral.  He's speaking for the entire Coast Guard which he heads.  

Well that's different than a chief. And hes entitled to his opinion. In one sense he speaks for the coast guard but in another sense he doesnt known the individual opinions of every coastie. 

But apparently last week there was a vote to pay people and the dems didnt vote yes.

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

man you are pretty ignorant, as if every private sector employee is just banking it!  lol.   he's an Admiral, speaking on behalf of his entire service, from the highest ranked to those that are young with limited resources.  

• Like 2

It's like a cold day in hell or something for you to agree with me 

you know that!...I'm proud of you son!...keep up the good work...I have many friends who were cops and fireman in NYC and are retired now and on their second career with a pension already...Fed-State-County-Town jobs are good gigs...GSB doesn't have a clue...in the private world you have zero job protection...no unions so you're at the mercy of your employer and the economy....I know many guys my age that got replaced by 20 year olds for half the price.

• Like 1

Well that's different than a chief. And hes entitled to his opinion. In one sense he speaks for the coast guard but in another sense he doesnt known the individual opinions of every coastie. 

But apparently last week there was a vote to pay people and the dems didnt vote yes.

he has every right to speak on their behalf without consulting the opinion of each service member.  that goes without saying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

man you are pretty ignorant, as if every private sector employee is just banking it!  lol.   he's an Admiral, speaking on behalf of his entire service, from the highest ranked to those that are young with limited resources.  

The title of this thread should be changed then from chief to admiral 

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

you know that!...I'm proud of you son!...keep up the good work...I have many friends who were cops and fireman in NYC and are retired now and on their second career with a pension already...Fed-State-County-Town jobs are good gigs...GSB doesn't have a clue...in the private world you have zero job protection...no unions so you're at the mercy of your employer and the economy....I know many guys my age that got replaced by 20 year olds for half the price.

Actually gsb is a pretty smart dude. But I dont need to speak for him. Hes a great dude and one of my best friends. My dad was nypd 24 years my mom a nurse for over 30 years I grew up around cops and union personnel. Most of them now in retirement and working a 2nd job or just chilling and living life. 

Now after saying all that I have a little bit of an issue with unions but I understand why they are a necessary evil so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes he has that right but I can guarantee there is plenty of coasties who may actually disagree with him

when does that matter? 

Folks may disagree with trump too, but he can operate within his authority to do what needs to be done or said without considering overall feelings, or sentiment.  

• Thanks 1