Another grand National Signing Day event as St. Thomas (aka STA) sends off 24 football players

RedZone

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

Does that change the point?

point not about sta just where game is today 

Has nothing to do about being discreet or not.   STA has always been highly talented.   You ever think that the changes in scouting with internet databases might have an effect on the changes?  STA isn't going through any type of transformation or changes.   Ignorant people used to think STA got the best players in Broward back then, and just like now, they are totally wrong.   You see things going on in DC, IMG, and Socal and you think STA is all of a sudden changing their philosophy which is totally inaccurate.  

25 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Has nothing to do about being discreet or not.   STA has always been highly talented.   You ever think that the changes in scouting with internet databases might have an effect on the changes?  STA isn't going through any type of transformation or changes.   Ignorant people used to think STA got the best players in Broward back then, and just like now, they are totally wrong.   You see things going on in DC, IMG, and Socal and you think STA is all of a sudden changing their philosophy which is totally inaccurate.  

Honestly if you look at the transfers to STA this off-season it really doesn't scream "ballers" to me

The simple fact is the current crop of STA players aren't as good as they got during that 3 peat run 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, idk. From the outside looking in... Someone orchestrated a player walkout that usurped Coach Cutt's foot downing powers. Now, idk who orchestrated such a thing, but, Cutt had the choice of playing the JV or folding up, giving up any real authority he had and let the orchestrated walkout win. 

When someone other than the head coach has the power, no head coach is going to thrive for long.  Case and point... Grayson has a HC revolving door. 

If the kids are relying on a KWatt more than a Cutt for their college looks, we have a definite problem.

I feel like Grayson wouldn't be in this predicament if Conn or Herron was still the head coach, who are probably more respected than Hunnicutt ever was during his tenure at Grayson. Even during Grayson's championship year (2016), K.W. was never that big of a "problem" during Herron's tenure. This is why I direct the blame at the coach. Now if Grayson had a coach like Rush, the kids would definitely put all their faith into a "Rush-like" head coach instead of a recruitng coordinator like K.W. when it comes to getting them college attention. NO doubt about it. 

53 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly if you look at the transfers to STA this off-season it really doesn't scream "ballers" to me

The simple fact is the current crop of STA players aren't as good as they got during that 3 peat run 

There really was only one high profile transfer wave that was when University school closed shop (temporarily) and their coach became STA’s coach.  Other than that nothing has really been outside the norm.   

I disagree with your thought STA isn’t as talented as those 3 teams.  They’ve all been highly talented.  Comparing them is kind of ridiculous.   

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

I don’t believe that which you ascribe to me 

i think if “the line” was no transfers by in boundary ok w/o recruitment +|- then I think sta likely to be at or near the top in talent every year 

I think they took some heat for having some high profile transfers on their best teams ‘08-‘10

now do even more and its no big deal because there’s another evolution that’s passing them unless they want to go full throttle on a So Fl (and beyond, because you need a QB) all-star team 

sta talent never in dispute 

3 hours ago, Pops said:

That’s what I’m saying!!!

Even still the talent at best is equal.   It is what it is.  Don’t think STA’s philosophy is going to change in order to be the best.   How many national teams have come and gone with great teams only disappear once those 3-4 big “classes” graduate.   It is what it is.   Talent tends to flock to where the action is.   How they flock there is a whole different story.