Another grand National Signing Day event as St. Thomas (aka STA) sends off 24 football players

RedZone

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

Ya'll just sell Miami Central and Lakeland short.   

Those 2 are solid teams, but if anything people oversold STA, especially anyone who felt STA was top 10 nationally (which I also said before and during the season was a mistake)

Unless of course you also feel Miami Central and Lakeland are also top 10 nationally  (I personally wouldn't say that but I would respect the approach because it's the only way STA is top 10 nationally)

20-40 range nationally would be a more fair placement for STA last year 

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They've gotten a lot of kids on to the next level for an education, which, in the grand scheme, is much more important than winning every football game or a national ranking. 

As usual for them,  a spectacular list of kids furthering their education and chances to advance their football careers.

Very true 

Ivy League - 2,  Additional FCS 2 so 4 FCS, 1 D-3, 1 D-2,  4 pwo's (3 FAU, 1 FIU)... 

14 fbs signees

Jason Munoz - DT Miami flip late to Syracuse - STA 
Jordan Battle - S Ohio St flip late to Bama - STA
Braylan Ingraham - Bama - Transfer, played 1 season *
Jahmar Brown - OLB Miami  - Transfer, played 2 seasons *
Vincent Murphy - C/G South Carolina - STA  
Jaden Davis - CB Oklahoma - STA
Avery Huff - OLB Miami - Transfer, played 1 season *
Anthony Solomon - OLB - late Miami flip to Michigan - STA  
Semar Melvin - CB Wisconsin - STA
Daniel Carter - RB  Pitt - STA
John (Jake) Pope - T/G Kentucky - STA
Julian Hernandez - OL Vandy - Transfer, played one season (also backed up the kid below) **
Antonio Serrano - OL  FIU PWO - Transfer, played 2 seasons *
Myles Bell - DB UConn - STA
Curt Casteel - QB Harvard - STA
Jamal Cooney - WR Dartmouth - Transfer, played 2 or 3 seasons *  Wise choice for this speedy slot receiver 
Mariano Valenti - QB NIU - Transfer, played one season (but didn't really play, 3rd string vs Lakeland) **
Nicholas Marino - DT/OT FAU PWO - STA
Donald McCarthy - WR FAU PWO - Not sure how long at STA, but last 2 seasons I recall
Jayden Royal - DL FAU PWO - STA
Francis Kostzer - Wittenburg (D-3) 
Rayne Tanega-Doster - DB West Florida (D-2) transfer for one season **
Michael West - WR Elon (FCS)- STA
Nigel White - RB Illinois State (FCS) - STA 

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 12:15 AM, Columbiafan said:

Those 2 are solid teams, but if anything people oversold STA, especially anyone who felt STA was top 10 nationally (which I also said before and during the season was a mistake)

Unless of course you also feel Miami Central and Lakeland are also top 10 nationally  (I personally wouldn't say that but I would respect the approach because it's the only way STA is top 10 nationally)

20-40 range nationally would be a more fair placement for STA last year 

What you thought of a team like Lakeland largely depends on how knowledgeable of an observer you are. There are a lot of #basicbitches who just want to see a spread, no-huddle offense and that's about the extent of what they will/won't be impressed by.

There's a reason STA put a running clock on Dematha: STA was one of the ten best teams in America. And then Lakeland was better still. Lakeland just played like a Big 10 or old school Nebraska team (with Dade county level speed), and that's not hip and trendy these days.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 5:26 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

STA squanders more talent than any program in America. 

Will be an epic mismatch of offers when STA visits DLS 

DLS doesn’t have any offers that I’m aware of — assume STA still has 40 or 50 on campus with freshmen getting offered now 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

Will be an epic mismatch of offers when STA visits DLS 

DLS doesn’t have any offers that I’m aware of — assume STA still has 40 or 50 on campus with freshmen getting offered now 

Cooper City beat STA without a FBS recruit on the field in 2011, the same season DLS  played STA.   If HC Art Taylor can do it, so can HC Alumbaugh.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 7:22 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

They've gotten a lot of kids on to the next level for an education, which, in the grand scheme, is much more important than winning every football game or a national ranking. 

As usual for them,  a spectacular list of kids furthering their education and chances to advance their football careers.

Cough....Kenyatta.....cough 

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt. I applaud him for his work at getting kids exposure. I thumb down his self aggrandizing manner and how it basically undermined the program where he more or less based his "operation."

I blame part of that on Hunnicutt. He definitely shoulda put his foot down more often, but I guess he figured he'd let K.W. do his thing as long as he got the boys a free education. 

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Cooper City beat STA without a FBS recruit on the field in 2011, the same season DLS  played STA.   If HC Art Taylor can do it, so can HC Alumbaugh.   

I’ve read that Cooper City didn’t really win because all their TDS were defensive and STA had more first downs 

besides, that was when STA was still trying to be discreet and only had 10 D1s per class 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I blame part of that on Hunnicutt. He definitely shoulda put his foot down more often, but I guess he figured he'd let K.W. do his thing as long as he got the boys a free education. 

Yeah, idk. From the outside looking in... Someone orchestrated a player walkout that usurped Coach Cutt's foot downing powers. Now, idk who orchestrated such a thing, but, Cutt had the choice of playing the JV or folding up, giving up any real authority he had and let the orchestrated walkout win. 

When someone other than the head coach has the power, no head coach is going to thrive for long.  Case and point... Grayson has a HC revolving door. 

If the kids are relying on a KWatt more than a Cutt for their college looks, we have a definite problem.