Notre Dame about to blow this...

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

College LAX... 

ND was up by 4 points at one point... 

11-7 and they've let Maryland come back To tie  the game 13-13 with 16 seconds left... 

Maryland is good but they're not #2 in the country good...  

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

GREAT GAME .......great win for the irish....Gleason has a big set.....pretty awesome indoors and intense....becoming a big fan of the shot clock the more games I watch 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Makes more action with the shot clock

DID YOU guys catch this play.. I’ve never seen someone break someone’s ankles , Then taunt the guy then he Scored

28 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

DID YOU guys catch this play.. I’ve never seen someone break someone’s ankles , Then taunt the guy then he Scored

first off....would guarantee when I played ...93' grad...my coach would have told us to lay that dude out....ref should have called a penalty on him....that is how a game gets completely out of control...example on the youth level....we were getting beat by a team by 7 goals...this is 7th grade...we were in our second year as a program...holding our own....other coach tells his goalie to go score....and he did after a full field clear....what ensued was pure chaos...after face off...our best kid laid the goalie out on the ride....benches cleared etc...next year we played them.....won 11--0.....the right way.......keep it clean..

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Filthy!!!!!!!! Love it

not for nothing but your response is sorta the problem here....as a player, coach this is not acceptable on any level...now granted this is club ball in college...but still...he would  not see the field for awhile if I was his coach...the negative returns from this are too high...not too mention this low IQ ...should have been a penalty.......not sure if you played or not..but there is a warrior ethos is lax...and this is and cannot be tolerated...period.  funny highlight etc....but not good.  

10 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

not for nothing but your response is sorta the problem here....as a player, coach this is not acceptable on any level...now granted this is club ball in college...but still...he would  not see the field for awhile if I was his coach...the negative returns from this are too high...not too mention this low IQ ...should have been a penalty.......not sure if you played or not..but there is a warrior ethos is lax...and this is and cannot be tolerated...period.  funny highlight etc....but not good.  

It's great lighten up. He straight put his defender on the ground. Broke his ankles. I'm sure his teammates were laughing and having a great time with it. I love it. Good to see some trash talking back in sports. 

I did play lax for a while. 

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It's great lighten up. He straight put his defender on the ground. Broke his ankles. I'm sure his teammates were laughing and having a great time with it. I love it. Good to see some trash talking back in sports. 

I did play lax for a while. 

you did not play long enough then to know....you do not do that  in lax...for the very reason...you cannot hide and you will get your clock cleaned...period.  you do  not have children this i know...nor do you coach on the youth level at least in lax...you have no idea how destructive this behavior is in lax.  my town team is in the largest youth lax league in the country....this is not tolerated....a behind the back goal when the other team is ahead by 5 or so in a game and scored upon team will go head hunter after the FO.  

and do not tell me to Lighten up when I have spent 30 years playing, coaching and starting two lacrosse programs from scratch.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

you did not play long enough then to know....you do not do that  in lax...for the very reason...you cannot hide and you will get your clock cleaned...period.  you do  not have children this i know...nor do you coach on the youth level at least in lax...you have no idea how destructive this behavior is in lax.  my town team is in the largest youth lax league in the country....this is not tolerated....a behind the back goal when the other team is ahead by 5 or so in a game and scored upon team will go head hunter after the FO.  

and do not tell me to Lighten up when I have spent 30 years playing, coaching and starting two lacrosse programs from scratch.  

That fine. When you embarrass another player like this you accept that the retaliation may come. Part of sports. 

That's wonderful that your a coach and thats great that your building the sport which I'm a big fan of but I love smack talking in sports. I love tuatning an opponent esp after you just embarrassed them. 

So we differ in opinion which is fine and good luck to your teams but there is nothing better than a sweet behind the head goal or btw the legs. 

And if I did have a son that did what's in this video I would have absolutely no issue with it at all. Again it may not be part of your coaching and that's fine but I have absolutely no issue with this in sports. 

17 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

This had more to do with the kid on defense having no control than the other way around. He obviously committed too hard on a ride. Happens all the time. It was great video editing, which added to the whole sequence. 

I’ll admit I smiled slightly at the taunting, but come on man, if this was NCAA ball this wouldn’t fly on multiple levels. That little hand wave would of got you pulled down to the crease immediately on your next defensive run and, at the very least, taken a high 90’s shot to the ear hole. I am still not 100% certain this is even real after seeing zero slide from anyone in the box. Does anyone know what level of club ball this is? 

• Like 2