Come Out And Play Hawgdoneit

MTP28

Where you at friend? Gave some information about Lowndes and their upcoming season. Anticipated needs and areas that need vast improvement so heck Man is this a football vent or just an insult factory. I predict a pretty lively 1-7A this season with Tifton bringing up the rear. Course Rufus will tell ya that Tift can sneak up on folks. It will be interesting to see how the Pack responds to the new staff with the Super as an added coordinator / spy. So what’s your take there Hawgboy?

My take is that we have a pretty solid team as far as talent and experience goes. 

Our qb Jaycee Harden will be a senior, second year starter and outside of a few mistakes at bad times last year, he's a solid player that likes to spread it around.

We'll have Daijun Edwards as a senior running back this year. If our line play is half decent I'd expect him to contend for the top running back in the region and possibly the state this year. We have a couple of other solid kids to split time or give him some breaks too. "Tay Tay" Ponder is a short little speedster that will show well at the position also. 

Our O-line may be a little smaller than we're used to, so, that will definitely be a point of concern for the upcoming season. All the kids that will be there have decent playing time at their positions, but a few were being moved around and working on learning different positions on the line to make up for their SHORTcomings.

I feel pretty good about the wide receivers that are returning as well. A lot of kids caught a lot of balls last year as our QB is solid and does spread it around pretty good.  I think Carter Boatwright could prove to be a monster this year if the qb will actually throw him the ball this season. 

Defensively we lost some big time players and leaders, but, we played a lot of kids and have some pretty good talent returning. Zy Brockington comes to mind as a potential good solid leader as a junior line backer. 

Clearly the cupboards aren't bare and we could be in the mix for the region championship just based on that alone. 

I think it may well be a crazy season in region 1 myself. I wouldn't want to bet on which team could be the region champion at this early stage.

This is when players exhibit the fruits of the offseason and just growth in general. Lowndes will need growth at the RB given the loss of speed from last season. Our o-line should be pretty good. Throwing the ball effectivly will be a must. Pass coverage has to improve big time. Defense hasn’t been as stout since Hill, Cribb and Johnson left

Primary concerns for this season for the Packers is o-line and over all morale. 

I would be remiss to not mention the kicker/punter position. We lose our amazing kicker to graduation, and I'm not sure that we have anyone even close to his talent level to step in and take that over. 

That will certainly be another concern imo. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No doubt that the Packers have always put emphasis on special teams. 

Kickers are something that average fans really never pay any attention to unless they don't have a good one and then suddenly the importance of the position is clear.

Don’t worry y’all shouldn’t worry about a coach y’all main concern should be hiring #88s dad on the staff in order to keep #88 JR in town 

• Like 1

Word out of North Morven is the Hawgs might not even win their Homecoming game.  Alcovy will be ready for us.

1.  Our QB could very well transfer to Pelham.  

2.  Our top RB could very well sit out his senior year for fear of jeopardizing his college career.  

3.  Our new kicker could very well go one-sport and concentrate on soccer.

4.  Our Packer Touchdown Club could very well dry up and disband.

5.  Our team could very well start the season without and HC...an OC...an O-Line position coach...and a co-DC.

BUT....

We should STILL beat Lowndes.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My take is that we have a pretty solid team as far as talent and experience goes. 

Our qb Jaycee Harden will be a senior, second year starter and outside of a few mistakes at bad times last year, he's a solid player that likes to spread it around.

We'll have Daijun Edwards as a senior running back this year. If our line play is half decent I'd expect him to contend for the top running back in the region and possibly the state this year. We have a couple of other solid kids to split time or give him some breaks too. "Tay Tay" Ponder is a short little speedster that will show well at the position also. 

Our O-line may be a little smaller than we're used to, so, that will definitely be a point of concern for the upcoming season. All the kids that will be there have decent playing time at their positions, but a few were being moved around and working on learning different positions on the line to make up for their SHORTcomings.

I feel pretty good about the wide receivers that are returning as well. A lot of kids caught a lot of balls last year as our QB is solid and does spread it around pretty good.  I think Carter Boatwright could prove to be a monster this year if the qb will actually throw him the ball this season. 

Defensively we lost some big time players and leaders, but, we played a lot of kids and have some pretty good talent returning. Zy Brockington comes to mind as a potential good solid leader as a junior line backer. 

Clearly the cupboards aren't bare and we could be in the mix for the region championship just based on that alone. 

I think it may well be a crazy season in region 1 myself. I wouldn't want to bet on which team could be the region champion at this early stage.

With the right offensive coordinator...this kid can be lights out in 2019.  Not a superstar...but a solid athlete who can catch the ball and who happens to know what to do with it once he catches it.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

With the right offensive coordinator...this kid can be lights out in 2019.  Not a superstar...but a solid athlete who can catch the ball and who happens to know what to do with it once he catches it.

Rufus>>

I think the plays were in there for him last year, but, for whatever reason, he just didn't get targeted, even running wide open toward the endzone. Saw him with two steps on the coverage a few times last year and thought that was being saved for the playoffs, and then it just never happened. 

Sort of inexplicable imo. Hopefully, we don't have to worry about looking for an explanation this season and he gets targeted in the offensive plan. 

Saw where he got an invite to go play in a bowl game in Hawaii, Tiki Bowl I think it's called. His offers are just starting to heat up as well.  No major D1 offers I think yet, but, several smaller schools already onboard with him in spite of the lack of targets he saw.

Good kid too. 

• Like 1

One of the things I like about Carter is...when the ball's in the air...he automatically thinks it's HIS.  He'll go up and fight for it.   He has a great frame and somewhat decent speed.  But like I said...he's a competitor.

I think his football attention will definitely explode this year if we can get him more involved in the game.  And like you said....a very good family.

Rufus>>

7 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

One of the things I like about Carter is...when the ball's in the air...he automatically thinks it's HIS.  He'll go up and fight for it.   He has a great frame and somewhat decent speed.  But like I said...he's a competitor.

I think his football attention will definitely explode this year if we can get him more involved in the game.  And like you said....a very good family.

Rufus>>

He's really filling out too. Tallest kid on the team, and had been trying really hard to put some lbs. on over the last few years. Last time I saw him, which it had been a while since the previous time seeing him, there had been noticeable gains. 

Looking forward to seeing how much more he grows between now and August. 

17 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Well Rufus we gonna try and put 11 on the field at a time. We know them boys are gonna be fired up. Please ask whoever is the coach to take it easy on us at least in the first half.

From what I was told...the new Colquitt HC was given one MANDATE.  Only ONE mandate.

You would think it would be to get us to the playoffs...Nope.

You would think it would to be win Homecoming...Nope

You would think it would be to maintain discipline...Nope

The new Colquitt HC has been MANDATED to demand....penalties against the Lowndes County Walking Band from the time we flip the coin till the time the final whistle blows.

I won't disclose who and where that mandate came from....but it's about frigging time....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

May I suggest dark sunglasses (yes at night) and those military ear plugs they currently have a recall on cause it sure be a shame to miss that pretty music.

Heres a tip, ask Rab as I’m sure he has a pair but I think I’d boil them before using them just as a precaution.👍👍

15 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

May I suggest dark sunglasses (yes at night) and those military ear plugs they currently have a recall on cause it sure be a shame to miss that pretty music.

Heres a tip, ask Rab as I’m sure he has a pair but I think I’d boil them before using them just as a precaution.👍👍

The irony is...unless something changes...Ms. Violet and I will be traveling to St. Augustine the weekend of Colquitt/Lowndes.  The Hawgs will hafta play without my instructions from the stands.

Rufus>>

Wow Rufus, I’m stunned. I mean I don’t know what to say!! There has to have been some long therapeutic therapy (1800) to have led to this scheduling snafu. 

Is it because of pending loss, Rush’s visor not on the sideline or remembering all the new coaches names. I’m shocked I tell you Shicked!!

19 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Wow Rufus, I’m stunned. I mean I don’t know what to say!! There has to have been some long therapeutic therapy (1800) to have led to this scheduling snafu. 

Is it because of pending loss, Rush’s visor not on the sideline or remembering all the new coaches names. I’m shocked I tell you Shicked!!

It's something that's been in the works for months.  Ms. Violet has a Art Association meeting and reception that weekend.   We had planned on making it a mini-vacation before we hafta settle in for Thanksgiving.  Albeit...I won't lie...there will be 1800 therapeutic  therapy involved sometime during the festivities...LOL.

I've posted this earlier....I don't think the Hawgs are gonna have a stellar 2019.  We might not have a stellar 2020 either.  BUT...hey...you line up and play the game.  I just hope Rab and his entourage can pull us thru...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Your exactly right Rufus. People don’t like change and often fight it. After Milt left and with him Air Vikings there was a lot of skeptics with me being one of them. Then he set up that ole WangT and took off. Good run. Point is I didn’t give up on the Vikings like I know you won’t the Hawgs. 

Now don’t be surprised if you see ole Rab slip over there to Lee County.