OT: Antifa gets beatdown at Huntington Beach Pier

Sammyswordsman

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Carne Asada, Al Pastor, Pollo or Carnitas in that? 

I think Modesto is the taco truck capitol of the world. Lol, they're everywhere. Our city has an ordinance against them but we only a few miles away from bunch of them in neighboring cities. The carnicerias just aren't as good as the trucks! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I was driving to work last week and gave a guy my turkey sandwhich, 2 bananas, and a string cheese at stop sign @ freeway exit. He had a sign that said hangry.... Didn't feel bad about it because now I could cheat on my diet and buy a burrito and mandarin Jarrito. 

Next day, same exit but closer to freeway, there's a white Sheppard on side of freeway. I use my Turkey sandwhich to try to get her in my car so she don't hit. Piece by piece i threw on ground til she finally took last piece out my hand. Then she ran off. I got out my car, gave her a breakfast bar, she wouldn't eat it, grabbed a box of Duoz cheddar and Parmesan chez it from my trunk and emptied them on ground, she wouldn't eat them.  I'm thinking this dog must not be too hungry because she's not eating it. So I take some pictures of her and post on a missing dog site and head to work.  I get to the stop sign and the lunch bag I had given the " homeless " guy the day before, full of everything I had given him. I get to my first stop of day and get an alert on phone from dog post from a random lady and said the dog hangs around that area and lives at a shop down the road.  Didn't feel bad about giving the dog my sandwhich. Moral of the story I guess is homeless guys don't like free sandwhich or bananas ...

IMG_3148.JPG

Did the same thing once, sorta.

Guy with sign that said he was hungry and homeless. I was a block from McDonalds so I bought a 2 cheese burger value meal with a chocolate shake. Went back and gave it to the guy and he said he didn't want it but needed cash. I told the story to one of the people at McDonalds, and he told me the guy makes 50 dollars or more in a few hours then hits the streets for his dope. Lots of them homeless people are just playing on Good Samaritans through guilt.

Then again, I know a woman with 2 kids that was married to a Crack head. He ran her bank account into the dirt before she finally left him. She was close to losing her home and she works 2 jobs just to catch up and buy food. You would never see her on the street begging for money, but I've seen her alone and crying when she didn't know anyone was looking. Next week she will be selling some of the stuff that didn't get pawned by her ex. in a garage sale. Half the block is going to do a neighborhood sale so she is hopeful that she will have enough cash to catch up on her bills. I have a feeling she will do ok.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I think Modesto is the taco truck capitol of the world. Lol, they're everywhere. Our city has an ordinance against them but we only a few miles away from bunch of them in neighboring cities. The carnicerias just aren't as good as the trucks! 

Totally agree, some really good roach coaches in Santa Rosa! Plus several are open til 0400 which is great when working graves! There was an article a few years ago in the local rag about how clean those are compared to actual restaurants/taquerias. I work with a guy who was a food inspector said the same thing, they generally are very clean and great food.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Did the same thing once, sorta.

Guy with sign that said he was hungry and homeless. I was a block from McDonalds so I bought a 2 cheese burger value meal with a chocolate shake. Went back and gave it to the guy and he said he didn't want it but needed cash. I told the story to one of the people at McDonalds, and he told me the guy makes 50 dollars or more in a few hours then hits the streets for his dope. Lots of them homeless people are just playing on Good Samaritans through guilt.

Then again, I know a woman with 2 kids that was married to a Crack head. He ran her bank account into the dirt before she finally left him. She was close to losing her home and she works 2 jobs just to catch up and buy food. You would never see her on the street begging for money, but I've seen her alone and crying when she didn't know anyone was looking. Next week she will be selling some of the stuff that didn't get pawned by her ex. in a garage sale. Half the block is going to do a neighborhood sale so she is hopeful that she will have enough cash to catch up on her bills. I have a feeling she will do ok.

Growing up, my mom was the same. Always worked 2-3 jobs to make sure me and my sister had what we needed to get by but there were times we had to rough it to get to next paycheck. She started raising-showing dogs, horses, goats, etc and then sold them for our get by money. She made a pretty good living over the years doing it but it was a struggle in beginning stages. I'm sure the way she raised us had a long lasting impact on our lives. Get out there and bust your ass and don't give up and it'll work out in the end. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Totally agree, some really good roach coaches in Santa Rosa! Plus several are open til 0400 which is great when working graves! There was an article a few years ago in the local rag about how clean those are compared to actual restaurants/taquerias. I work with a guy who was a food inspector said the same thing, they generally are very clean and great food.

We did a guys trip to LA Gunitas  and Russian river and ate at a place called La Texanitas? It had some pretty good burritos. It was on Diners Drive ins and Dives. You been there? 

2 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

We did a guys trip to LA Gunitas  and Russian river and ate at a place called La Texanitas? It had some pretty good burritos. It was on Diners Drive ins and Dives. You been there? 

Yes I have pretty good food, but there's others I like better in the area, but solid burritos.

Now Lagunitas and RRB, not bad lol. Going to the loft at Lagintas for a "fundraiser" for my daughters soccer team this Saturday. They really support local sports teams (free beer) and the community with fundraisers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

I was driving to work last week and gave a guy my turkey sandwhich, 2 bananas, and a string cheese at stop sign @ freeway exit. He had a sign that said hangry.... Didn't feel bad about it because now I could cheat on my diet and buy a burrito and mandarin Jarrito. 

Next day, same exit but closer to freeway, there's a white Sheppard on side of freeway. I use my Turkey sandwhich to try to get her in my car so she don't hit. Piece by piece i threw on ground til she finally took last piece out my hand. Then she ran off. I got out my car, gave her a breakfast bar, she wouldn't eat it, grabbed a box of Duoz cheddar and Parmesan chez it from my trunk and emptied them on ground, she wouldn't eat them.  I'm thinking this dog must not be too hungry because she's not eating it. So I take some pictures of her and post on a missing dog site and head to work.  I get to the stop sign and the lunch bag I had given the " homeless " guy the day before, full of everything I had given him. I get to my first stop of day and get an alert on phone from dog post from a random lady and said the dog hangs around that area and lives at a shop down the road.  Didn't feel bad about giving the dog my sandwhich. Moral of the story I guess is homeless guys don't like free sandwhich or bananas ...

IMG_3148.JPG

my take away from this story, you are a good man. 

• Like 3