Headed To Azalea City....

Rufus69

for a stopover so Ms. Violet can spend some pesos.  Then on to Moultrie to "meet & greet" Coach Rogers and his entourage this evening.  Dinner at Margarita's (pretty much mandatory) then back to AC for a good night's sleep.  Return to the Island tomorrow with our hearts filled with HOPE....(Smile).

Go You Hairy Hawgs !!!!!

Rufus>>

Not sure about you, Rufus, but, I come away feeling a good deal better about the football program in general. 

I'm certainly full of hope, because, well, that's all we've got considering what this community has been through. 

Coach Rogers seems like a good guy. As long as the young men buy in, what us older guys think is secondary. I'm all in on our kids. 

GO PACK GO!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Exactly right, coaching is based on the kids buying in on what they are selling.

Totally. 

Of course, us adults have some part in that as well. If we are constantly tearing down the coach, then, his sales pitch becomes tougher for the kids. 

From my standpoint, you have to understand your audience. As a coach. As anything. 

The kids will buy until it isn't working. We've been very successful here at Colquitt. Coach Rogers has a tough act to follow, whether methodology is different or not. Success quite possibly has a different definition depending on the audience. 

• Like 1

Challenge is daunting given the last fella that was in town. The upside in some ways mirrors Miller when he retired from Lowndes having won consistently and a SC in 99’. Randy comes along and wins several more. In both cases the “coach” persuaded the kids and community to buy in. Because I have to tell you after Mac showed up running the Wing T I wondered aloud what the hell was going on until the time and understanding of the offense settled in. 

• Like 1

I got the feeling from new guy that he's primarily looking for acceptance from a certain couple of guys. I don't have faith in them, so, he has to turn the corner from that before the community buys in. At least in my opinion. I may be wrong, and may be totally out of touch as a citizen and on the ground community member,  but... I do not think those certain guys have the faith of the majority.  

Gonna be tough to sell the community and stay on the good side of the guys he appears to be seeking "thumbs up" from. In my opinion, they're the ones that are out of touch. 

Here's to hoping we go on the next "Honey Bun Sammich Tour" anyway though!

FWrkKxq.thumb.jpg.3b7ca3ac1d96259f582f0294e689da3e.jpg

Not the hot dogs, french fries and doritos tour that Lowndes has been on.

download.jpeg.ca1465d2d874c87eea112f81d6a99d7d.jpeg

xD

GO PACK GO!

• Haha 1

Challenge is daunting given the last fella that was in town. The upside in some ways mirrors Miller when he retired from Lowndes having won consistently and a SC in 99’. Randy comes along and wins several more. In both cases the “coach” persuaded the kids and community to buy in. Because I have to tell you after Mac showed up running the Wing T I wondered aloud what the hell was going on until the time and understanding of the offense settled in. 

You need to be careful there HDI could lead to health problems and I’m assuming that the photo signifies just how important being the #1 is important to you with regard to your diet. How many hotdogs you hope to devour this coming July 4th?

never mind about that I think you start counting now!!

• Haha 1

The impression I got from last night was.....Coach Roger's SAID the right things.  And...he is excitable.  I reckon what I'm saying...it's time to see the product he puts on the field.  I'm guardedly optimistic but I'm a.....the proof is in the pudding type guy.

But one thing's for certain....

He has my FULL support.  And I encourage everybody in Packer Nation to do the same !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 2

look here Buford boy. No buddy cares what you think sissy. Why don’t you and the rest of them no nut girls give Randy a call and schedule Lowndes. My guess is you realize the monumental ass whipping you would be delivered. And clearly you are very personal with Hawg Nut. So both y’all enjoy each other company because one will get their ass whipped this Fall while you Buford boy continues to hide out under that third tier schedule y’all play