Back On The Island - Projects To Handle

Rufus69

Well...one of the things I got from last night's "meet & greet" with Coach Rogers was....the need for assistance working with the Colquitt ongoing nutritional program.  I think I posted here...it may have been on the GAVSV...about our issues with Arnett and their hybrid grits.  They cut us off.  With the Rush debacle...Arnett chose to distance themselves from the circus that was going on about 43 miles northwest of Valdosta.  That put us in a pickle. And those not of the bread & butter kind.

Lime Sink is working on a deal with Dixie Lily.  Yes...they are associated with Arnett corporately...but they have autonomy when dealing with new customers.  I will say...the new & improved Dixie Lily grit is not the same as the Arnett grit.  But...it IS similar in nutritional value and it does contain many of the hybrid power "chems" as those from Arnett.  I am not sure how this is gonna work out.  We're only in the beginning stages.  But the summer is fastly approaching...it's time for ALL good Hawgs to come to the aid of their program.  So to put things in perspective....

We're gonna do what they said couldn't be done....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If I were you, I'd reword some of that so as to remove the shortened word "chems."

If the current administration hears anything like that, it's a sure trigger. They may start making up stuff about the new coach straight away since they were witness to you speaking with him last night as well. If they even think you and he discussed "chems"... Well... 

I sense an investigation if this gets out verbatim. 

On a serious note, the interest from various persons from years past in helping fund and etc., is certainly far less. Maybe even less than expected. 

Gonna be a monumental task for the few that are still supportive with money. They may have to dig deeper than before if they can. 

It costs around a dollar per person to feed the team a supper. That's a bare bones estimate, doing things much like they were done before with healthy, balanced meals and drinking water. 

That translates to between 100 and 150 dollars for one supper meal. There is breakfasts and snacks to think of as well.

Now I'm no math whiz, but, that adds up pretty quickly. I understand that perhaps there won't be as much practicing as before, so the "work week" may not be 6 days as in the past (I'll just not say what I think about this tidbit for now except to take a stab and think Randy Mac, and Bullet Bob are smiling about that revelation), but, that could reduce the number of days the boys are fed, therefore saving some hundreds over the course of the season. 

It may honestly take the administration churning out some purchase orders for foods, since they're the ones that successfully killed it and drove off the major support. Can definitely sense the spiral getting started, especially if the asses don't find the seats, which is a possibility considering the lack of interest in other areas at the moment.

Did that grow your "project" for you? 

Is this a pithy comment on the state of affairs, regarding grits?

G r i t s... say it slow, really freakin' slow maybe it will trigger an outlier train of thought.

Okay, yep this nutritional program took a hit if support pulled back.

At Buford we got parents, swim moving, hip checking and all sorts of jujitsu to get up front and center and provide these things.

Program sales are all out war, people stealing others past "customers" and shit. Bahaha.

Seriously I like coach Rogers enthusiasm, that energy will be needed... it can be done.

Regards,

BGW

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Is this a pithy comment on the state of affairs, regarding grits?

G r i t s... say it slow, really freakin' slow maybe it will trigger an outlier train of thought.

Okay, yep this nutritional program took a hit if support pulled back.

At Buford we got parents, swim moving, hip checking and all sorts of jujitsu to get up front and center and provide these things.

Program sales are all out war, people stealing others past "customers" and shit. Bahaha.

Seriously I like coach Rogers enthusiasm, that energy will be needed... it can be done.

Regards,

BGW

Personally, I think coach is paying lip service and preaching to the choir so to speak. He needs to figure out a message to fire up those that are on the sideline. 

It was far from a full house last night and the high rollers aside from Rufus and a couple of others were notably absent. 

Some of us have started putting out feelers to see where things stand on the separate fund raising that was the norm for the nutrition program in years gone by. 

I'm thinking it's time to see if some of these businesses that talk a big game on radio advertisements about being supporters of the youth sports will put their money where their mouth is. 

For one thing everything is starting kind of late as well. Normally, raffle ticket fund raising was started a couple of weeks ago, and then prizes were awarded at the first scrimmage where the "stock the pantry" movement for paper products was performed. 

I don't think anyone is sure yet how hard a hit everything will take. 

It's pretty apparent the nutrition fund raising is taking a hit. Won't know for sure about the t.d. club membership drive until August. Asses in the seats until late August on. 

I hate being a negative nancy, but, early polling is flat. 

59 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Copy that. 

BGW is clear....

No need to clear out. I agree with you about his energy. The kids like him which is the most important thing at this point. 

Spring ball starts in a couple of weeks and he is a busy dude. His offense is similar, but, the terminology is different. He's busy installing all of that, and putting personnel into place. 

Tough to do all that, and somehow get the community back on board after... well, just after. 

It's more than a little disheartening right now. The coach has a lot more work to do than he knows. 

I'm with Rufus though. Coach Rogers has my support. The kids deserve it. The adults need to put their pettiness aside and do for the kids, regardless. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

We have our work cut out for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

No need to clear out. I agree with you about his energy. The kids like him which is the most important thing at this point. 

Spring ball starts in a couple of weeks and he is a busy dude. His offense is similar, but, the terminology is different. He's busy installing all of that, and putting personnel into place. 

Tough to do all that, and somehow get the community back on board after... well, just after. 

It's more than a little disheartening right now. The coach has a lot more work to do than he knows. 

I'm with Rufus though. Coach Rogers has my support. The kids deserve it. The adults need to put their pettiness aside and do for the kids, regardless. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

We have our work cut out for us.

But...(3) lefts do make a right....

Don't think the community is ready to sing...Kum Bah Yah...just yet.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

But...(3) lefts do make a right....

Don't think the community is ready to sing...Kum Bah Yah...just yet.

Rufus>>

Nope. Not gonna happen. 

They would leave the boys in squalor so to keep the administration from reaping the benefits at this point. 

It's a shameful thing from all sides.

• Like 2

I think it’s going to take a strong showing in the spring to start to turn the tide. If we don’t not only beat but also put an exclamation point on the team from Mississippi some of the community members will sit back with their checkbooks closed and wait and watch what happens and hedge their bets on a losing season so they can feel accomplished in knowing that the 3 amigos set forth this course of action and delight in the sight of the shortcomings. Winning is the only option. If the kids have a strong showing in the spring the checkbooks will open and Packer Pride will return... everyone likes a winner. I may be way off base but that’s my opinion on how it plays out The kids on the team bust their asses day in and day out regardless and are largely at the mercy of people with agendas.... kinda fucked up scratch that really  fucked up..... but it’s the truth

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 94Packer said:

I think it’s going to take a strong showing in the spring to start to turn the tide. If we don’t not only beat but also put an exclamation point on the team from Mississippi some of the community members will sit back with their checkbooks closed and wait and watch what happens and hedge their bets on a losing season so they can feel accomplished in knowing that the 3 amigos set forth this course of action and delight in the sight of the shortcomings. Winning is the only option. If the kids have a strong showing in the spring the checkbooks will open and Packer Pride will return... everyone likes a winner. I may be way off base but that’s my opinion on how it plays out The kids on the team bust their asses day in and day out regardless and are largely at the mercy of people with agendas.... kinda fucked up scratch that really  fucked up..... but it’s the truth

On the bright side...we seem to be filling in our position coach openings.  Not sure how good these guys are...but...if they can build relationships with the players...who knows?  

It's gonna be interesting to see how Spring football goes.  I don't think we hafta crush the Meridian team.  I do think we need to look like we understand the plays and can actually get everybody in the right spot.  That might be asking a lot...but to me...that's the important thing.  The money issue will always be there.  I think some people look for reasons not to support the Program.   I don't expect we'll see the same "cash flow" that we've seen in the past.  It is what it is.  We'll make do with what we've got.

And on a completely different note...to Packer Baseball....GATA this afternoon.  Do what you can to take out Lassiter.  You've had a tough year...but that can be somewhat remedied today.  GO YOU DIAMOND HAWGS !!!!

rufus>>

• Like 2