St Peters Prep

Canes1975

21 hours ago, noonereal said:

Opie just does not understand this. 

Plus, PC had way more talent that year than did Carteville last year.

How about PC with Peppers? Again, a much better team around Peppers but they did not break the season ending top 25 as did undefeated Caterville.

He is so determined but so unaware of life outside of small town GA. 

Donald Trump III....

You mention PCs talent here... but in numerous other threads contradict yourself by saying a team is only as good as its weakest player. I guess you pick which argument to use based on the situation... naught it matter that these are 2 opposite ideas and cant both be true, you use them both all the same.

Bufords talent was far superior to PCs, and Cartersville still blanked them in '15. 

If you want to talk talent, lets talk talent... just remember Georgia has much more of it, on many more teams.

21 hours ago, noonereal said:

Which 8 games do they win? 

We are talking about Carterville, not Grayson. Just to be clear. 

Grayson would not have stumbled at all. If they were to, it wouldve been early when they were getting use to the new coach last year, and the new scheme with new players. However, none of those teams have OLs like IMG with a big running QB and thats why Grayson lost their 1st game vs IMG. IMG could not beat Grayson any other way than dinking and dunking behind their OL with play after play of QB draws... IMG had their lowest output in yardage vs Grayson still. But the real killer was the 4 TOs and the terribly timed snap over the QBs head... Graysons D was asked to stay on the field more than they normally wouldve been... and against that huge OL? Killer. NONE of those teams would have that advantage vs Grayson... so Grayson is a pretty clear 10-0 team in that instance.

Cartersville on the other hand... is capable of beating all of those teams. But Cartersville depth may be challenged vs that schedule... while they may be capable of beating them all, playing them all back to back would be different. 

You asked who the 8 theyd beat were.... so here is my Best case 8-2 season for Cartersville vs that schedule... they lose to SJP and 1 of PC or AHP. They win the rest. Although I did believe 7-3 more likely with loses to those 3.... put it this way,  6-4 is far less likely than 8-2. 

And losing to those 3 isnt necessarily because they can't beat them... its because it is a tough schedule, and eventually you are going to have a bad game or one of those teams is going to have a very good game and thats how it goes.

Cartersville is still a very good team. They have a great coach, good talent, and their scheme is absolutely perfect for the talent they have. Their OL and DL play is far better than you imagine a 4A schools being. Its why in their last 2 State Championship games, they held Buford to 0 points and Thomson to 7. Thomson was averaging 39 points in 4 games in the playoffs, they scored 7 vs Cartersville. Buford was averaging 40.25 ppg in the playoffs, they scored 0 vs Cartersville.

Whilst Im giving actual breakdowns on teams...

NOR will reply with something he learned from CalPreps.

Not realizing he already agreed with me that CalPreps isnt made for State to State Comparison.

Not realizing last offseason he acknowledged States cannot be compared because they are each their own individual data and are not scaled to one another.

He just says its the best we got as far as HSFB ranking algorithms. Thats like 2 people taking a shit, and then picking the one that has the least unpleasant smell.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Donald Trump III....

You mention PCs talent here... but in numerous other threads contradict yourself by saying a team is only as good as its weakest player. I guess you pick which argument to use based on the situation... naught it matter that these are 2 opposite ideas and cant both be true, you use them both all the same.

no dummy, I contradicted nothing

a team is indeed only as good as it's weakest players. That was my point. 

51 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Whilst Im giving actual breakdowns on teams...

NOR will reply with something he learned from CalPreps.

Not realizing he already agreed with me that CalPreps isnt made for State to State Comparison.

Not realizing last offseason he acknowledged States cannot be compared because they are each their own individual data and are not scaled to one another.

He just says its the best we got as far as HSFB ranking algorithms. Thats like 2 people taking a shit, and then picking the one that has the least unpleasant smell.

yes, dummy, you are smart and nor does not realize.... 

guess what, no one realizes you are smart

a team breakdown without qualifying and quantifying is worthless, just an FYI

it's what makes you stupid. You believe stupid stuff

hope this helps!

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson would not have stumbled at all. If they were to, it wouldve been early when they were getting use to the new coach last year, and the new scheme with new players. However, none of those teams have OLs like IMG with a big running QB and thats why Grayson lost their 1st game vs IMG. IMG could not beat Grayson any other way than dinking and dunking behind their OL with play after play of QB draws... IMG had their lowest output in yardage vs Grayson still. But the real killer was the 4 TOs and the terribly timed snap over the QBs head... Graysons D was asked to stay on the field more than they normally wouldve been... and against that huge OL? Killer. NONE of those teams would have that advantage vs Grayson... so Grayson is a pretty clear 10-0 team in that instance.

Cartersville on the other hand... is capable of beating all of those teams. But Cartersville depth may be challenged vs that schedule... while they may be capable of beating them all, playing them all back to back would be different. 

You asked who the 8 theyd beat were.... so here is my Best case 8-2 season for Cartersville vs that schedule... they lose to SJP and 1 of PC or AHP. They win the rest. Although I did believe 7-3 more likely with loses to those 3.... put it this way,  6-4 is far less likely than 8-2. 

And losing to those 3 isnt necessarily because they can't beat them... its because it is a tough schedule, and eventually you are going to have a bad game or one of those teams is going to have a very good game and thats how it goes.

Cartersville is still a very good team. They have a great coach, good talent, and their scheme is absolutely perfect for the talent they have. Their OL and DL play is far better than you imagine a 4A schools being. Its why in their last 2 State Championship games, they held Buford to 0 points and Thomson to 7. Thomson was averaging 39 points in 4 games in the playoffs, they scored 7 vs Cartersville. Buford was averaging 40.25 ppg in the playoffs, they scored 0 vs Cartersville.

I swear, you say such stupid stuff I spontaneously erupt in laughter.

You need to get "homer" in check. You sound like an idiot. 

but, I was glad that you realized that a tough schedule will hand you an extra loss and that Carterville was too thin to play the big boys, week in and week out.

progress, small as it may be is progress. keep it up

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I swear, you say such stupid stuff I spontaneously erupt in laughter.

You need to get "homer" in check. You sound like an idiot. 

but, I was glad that you realized that a tough schedule will hand you an extra loss and that Carterville was too thin to play the big boys, week in and week out.

progress, small as it may be is progress. keep it up

I swear, you say such stupid stuff on such a regular basis I spontaneously cringe with embarrassment for you...

You need to get your "Northeast homer" in check. You sound like somebody that knows little about anything outside of what you picked up from an erroneous State rating service.

I'm pretty much not glad about anything you do or say

progress, hasnt been made in a while by you and at this point, you are too old and set in your ways to change so we'll have to accept you as your flawed self

55 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I swear, you say such stupid stuff on such a regular basis I spontaneously cringe with embarrassment for you...

You need to get your "Northeast homer" in check. You sound like somebody that knows little about anything outside of what you picked up from an erroneous State rating service.

I'm pretty much not glad about anything you do or say

progress, hasnt been made in a while by you and at this point, you are too old and set in your ways to change so we'll have to accept you as your flawed self

I thought you were 30 not 5?

I get it, mentally you like a 5 year old, physically you are 30. 

Clue, if you want to mimic someone you need to be cleaver or you sound like a fool, like you just sounded.

PJs D1s in 2016 (inc. SR signees, plus FR, SOs and JRs with offers)

3* DT Dalyn Wade-Perry - Stanford Commit, #22 DT in 2017 Class

3* ILB Nick DeNucci - Leaning Rutgers, #19 ILB in 2018 Class

-----

Gee Im just overwhelmed

======

Delbartons D1 Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors in 2016...

*Crickets* - 0, zip, Nada...

========

These are the teams you said would drop maybe 1 game vs Cartersville schedule.

Westlake, Woodward Academy, and Thomson would waste them. 

Mary Persons and Sandy Creek would beat them. 

Allatoona and Calhoun would be toss ups with PJ and Delby. Especially Delby.

Westlakes and Woodward Academys talent would simply overwhelm them. Remember that 3 of Westlakes 4 losses were to Roswell, McEachern, and Cartersville.