CalPreps 1st 2017 Preseason Top 50

ECHS05

On April 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM, old_e said:

I have no problem with Cali having 3 teams in the top 10. I think they're legit. However, I would take this early poll with a grain of salt.

Cali most definitely has 3 deserving top 10 teams this year (and last year ).   I, however don't think this is usually the case (with any state really).

• Like 1

On April 4, 2017 at 5:03 PM, FootballGuy said:

On defense, I'd just play man to man defense on the outside and load the box against them. No zone. That QB from cen10 seemed to do very well against zone defense 

Do or die though.  I agree jamming would disrupt timing and if you can get enough pressure it can be done, but the main Problem is the QB.   He is not easy to bring down and he can make what should be an easy tackle into a big gain.   Also if he rolls away from the pressure the WR will get back into his route and probably have the DB beat by then.   

I'll tell you one thing, trying to play a team like CC without changing up the D constantly will get you burned.   There is no set D that will work.  Have to switch it up and try and catch them in a mistake.  

Its changed a lot.... 

Im willing to bet every person here can guess the top 4 teams... 3 of them are always going to be the 3 from CA because its CaliPreps.

1. IMG Academy USA

2. Mater Dei CA

3. St. John Bosco CA

4. Corona Centennial CA

5. De La Salle CA

Wow....

2-5 is California

At CaliforniaPreps

Who wouldve guessed.

And 6? Bishop Gorman.

7? The team that beat DLS last year. East UT.

How cliche is that shit.

---

Heres the best part... 8? Bergen Catholic. Because they play MD.

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Its changed a lot.... 

Im willing to bet every person here can guess the top 4 teams... 3 of them are always going to be the 3 from CA because its CaliPreps.

1. IMG Academy USA

2. Mater Dei CA

3. St. John Bosco CA

4. Corona Centennial CA

5. De La Salle CA

Wow....

2-5 is California

At CaliforniaPreps

Who wouldve guessed.

And 6? Bishop Gorman.

7? The team that beat DLS last year. East UT.

How cliche is that shit.

---

Heres the best part... 8? Bergen Catholic. Because they play MD.

Everybody knows Calpreps is a joke when it comes to ranking teams, ESPECIALLY, in the preseason. Calpreps is a great resource site, that's it. 

On 6/30/2017 at 9:50 AM, 954gator said:

The more I look at Armwood the more I think they have a solid season.   They have some good talent on that team again.  Then again they are always pretty talented,  but can they beat the hot Southern team by years end?  Not sure.    Thing about talent is you can have 5-6 high level d1 players, but I'll take 20 low end D1 players (depth) any day.   Anyways I think Armwood definitely has the elite guys and a little more depth than they've had.  

A solid Daytona Beach Mainland poster saw them this spring (beat Mainland 3tds to 0 in full pad 20 min scrimmage).   He said Armwood's run game was dominant.   So we'll see.

Top 10 in nation though? 

They were ranked as the second highest in state behind IMG

They not better than STA or any of the 3 Dade powers 

I don't even have them as best in 6a north 

44 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Top 10 in nation though? 

They were ranked as the second highest in state behind IMG

They not better than STA or any of the 3 Dade powers 

I don't even have them as best in 6a north 

Yeah of course they have to prove it.   No I wouldn't put them over Carol City, MNW, or Central.  All I'm saying is I expect them to be better than what they have been.   

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Yeah of course they have to prove it.   No I wouldn't put them over Carol City, MNW, or Central.  All I'm saying is I expect them to be better than what they have been.   

They might but after falling last year they got to prove it,  them being handed top 10 in nation kinda a slap in face of lake Gibson who beat them and will be good this year,  maybe even enough to do it again this year and especially over teams like sta and AHP and northwestern and Miami Central and Carol City 

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

They might but after falling last year they got to prove it,  them being handed top 10 in nation kinda a slap in face of lake Gibson who beat them and will be good this year,  maybe even enough to do it again this year and especially over teams like sta and AHP and northwestern and Miami Central and Carol City 

Lake Gibson lost their QB and their best Olineman to Lakeland though.  Don't expect Lake Gibson to be a contender next year, I think they'll return to being just a solid regional team. 

31 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Lake Gibson lost their QB and their best Olineman to Lakeland though.  Don't expect Lake Gibson to be a contender next year, I think they'll return to being just a solid regional team. 

From what i heard their qb wasn't all that and they have someone to replace him already and with most of that defense returning i expect them to be as good as last year if not better