Mills Darden - A human marvel

ChimpGrip

Since I learned about the show Strongest Man in History set to premier in July, it’s prompted me to dig deeper and refresh my knowledge of old-time strongmen. 

Based on what I’ve read, this guy was between 7’2” and 7’6” and weighed 1020 to 1080 pounds. On top of that, he was able to perform hard labor jobs on a farm and still lived to be 57. 

The level of natural physical strength he may have possessed could have been off the charts. Andre The Giant was a big man who really didn’t lift weights or take diet seriously, yet he was extremely strong. Darden though was much heavier and taller (if the historical accounts of him are true). 

• 11 months later...

How strong would someone be if they did not lift weights, but weighed up to 1700 pounds and could do hard labor on a farm all day? Doing hard work and pushing and lifting things that would normally take 5-10 men from sunrise to sunset. Men hardly 1/10th his size couldn’t keep up. Basically looked like a super-sized Andre the Giant - physically sloppy-looking but large and strong as hell.

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Waist deep snow I heard.

bgw

While in a blizzard..5O + mph winds.. Always in their face....HOME OF THE TOUGH GUYS no doubt!  Always out muscled the opponent no matter the size...those big boys had their hands on their hips while DBP"  players were Like "this is so much fun compared to practice!"

• Like 1