Vandy Boys and Sorrow

BUFORDGAWOLVES

Congrats to Vandy, they have a really solid program. Rocker is a stud and knows how to pitch.

I like the direction Michigan is heading. Bakich is a good coach and a really good recruiter. He’s started to tap into his California connections and could really get a decent pipeline of talent to Ann Arbor.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Congrats to Vandy, they have a really solid program. Rocker is a stud and knows how to pitch.

I like the direction Michigan is heading. Bakich is a good coach and a really good recruiter. He’s started to tap into his California connections and could really get a decent pipeline of talent to Ann Arbor.

Vandy will have the kid who pitched last night coming back. Rocker will be a sophmore and al leiters son Jack will be a freshman next year  

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Vandy will have the kid who pitched last night coming back. Rocker will be a sophmore and al leiters son Jack will be a freshman next year  

Yes they have a solid and deep staff. Great school and baseball program. That ultimately was Michigan’s downfall, you can’t rely on 3 guys on the mound, although Paige gave them a quality start in game 2.

Just now, Cossacks said:

Yes they have a solid and deep staff. Great school and baseball program. That ultimately was Michigan’s downfall, you can’t rely on 3 guys on the mound, although Paige gave them a quality start in game 2.

Michigan ace is absolutely phenomenal. He won game 1. Than yeah Michigan #2 did pitch well but when going up against rocker your going up a hill. Point being Vanderbilt has 1 major sport they have any chance of winning and that's baseball. Michigan has other sports they have a shot at winning. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Michigan ace is absolutely phenomenal. He won game 1. Than yeah Michigan #2 did pitch well but when going up against rocker your going up a hill. Point being Vanderbilt has 1 major sport they have any chance of winning and that's baseball. Michigan has other sports they have a shot at winning. 

Yes big difference in athletic departments and expectations.

Actually Mason is good football coach and I think Vandy has improved. Are they ever going to be an elite SEC team or compete for a conference title, no. 

But for Vandy if their football team goes 7-5 or an occasional 8-4 with a bowl game every other year. They are an upper level academic institution with a smaller student body that will be happy with that results coupled with their national elite baseball team.

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yes big difference in athletic departments and expectations.

Actually Mason is good football coach and I think Vandy has improved. Are they ever going to be an elite SEC team or compete for a conference title, no. 

But for Vandy if their football team goes 7-5 or an occasional 8-4 with a bowl game every other year. They are an upper level academic institution with a smaller student body that will be happy with that results coupled with their national elite baseball team.

I agree with everything you said but when I said win I meant a national title. Michigan has football basketball lacrosse baseball etc. So I was rooting hard for Vanderbilt and I'm glad they won. Brings another national title to the sec.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree with everything you said but when I said win I meant a national title. Michigan has football basketball lacrosse baseball etc. So I was rooting hard for Vanderbilt and I'm glad they won. Brings another national title to the sec.

True! Michigan’s athletics though really hasn’t produced as many national titles as many believe. I looked it up a few years ago and was actually surprised, I though they would have more. Recently they’ve had few in gymnastics and swimming maybe and softball won a Natty about 15 years ago, but it was less than I expected for a strong athletic program.

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

True! Michigan’s athletics though really hasn’t produced as many national titles as many believe. I looked it up a few years ago and was actually surprised, I though they would have more. Recently they’ve had few in gymnastics and swimming maybe and softball won a Natty about 15 years ago, but it was less than I expected for a strong athletic program.

Too much of an academic school to compete all the time. I have said this  a million times you either pick academics or athletics if you have both for the majority you have a death sentence against yourself. The only major sport that isnt like that is lacrosse. Duke Notre dame Michigan etc are very good teams.